PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Visit on 3-6-05

Pages : [1] 2

sdfilmcritic
03-03-2005, 11:18 PM
This is a last minute planned visit I will be making to DLR this Sunday (3/6). The benefits of living a about an hour and a half away from the park makes for convenient little trips like this. I have family who wants to go this weekend and I'll be there with them.

rentayenta
03-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Have fun! We will expect a mini trip report unless you are not conforming regarding those either ;)

PsychDoc
03-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Enjoy! The crowds shouldn't be too bad; you'll miss the Spring Breakers (like me) by a few weeks. Take some pics for us and have fun.

rentayenta
03-04-2005, 05:43 AM
I just remembered, it's cheerleader weekend; good luck!

sdfilmcritic
03-04-2005, 05:52 AM
I just remembered, it's cheerleader weekend; good luck!Oh . :eek: God save me from certifiable insanity.

Advanced apologies to any parents of cheerleaders.

nursemelis374
03-04-2005, 06:53 AM
I am going tonight . . . rain or shine! Have fun on Sunday!

got2travel
03-04-2005, 07:41 AM
I was going to tell you to have fun, but now I think I need to wish you luck.

I did WDW during pop warner week and just about lost my mind. The cheerleaders travel in packs and often feel the need to spontaneously break into a loud, long cheer. Doesn't matter if there are hundreds of guests packed into a line with them, they do it anyway.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
03-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I was going to tell you to have fun, but now I think I need to wish you luck.

I did WDW during pop warner week and just about lost my mind. The cheerleaders travel in packs and often feel the need to spontaneously break into a loud, long cheer. Doesn't matter if there are hundreds of guests packed into a line with them, they do it anyway.

yeah i have been the unfortunate victim of the "random cheer session" while waiting in line for a ride.

well have fun sdfilmcritic ill be out there on the weekend of the 12. my first time staying at GCH! im really excited :D

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
It should be fun riding on Pirates with a boat load of cheerleaders-Enjoy! :~D

figmentspark
03-04-2005, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes: Great! I'm going Sunday too. Now I get to look forward to a bunch of preppy girls! Oh Boy!
But at least I'll be at Disneyland after a long week. :)

Disneyland4Jamy
03-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Aren't the cheerleaders there to compete? Where is the competition held? Maybe they will be practicing and competing at least part of the day. :rolleyes:

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Aren't the cheerleaders there to compete? Where is the competition held? Maybe they will be practicing and competing at least part of the day. :rolleyes:

hahaha you would THINK thats the case...but nope! there are hundreds of them, literally, all ages, shapes and sizes, and louder then ever!

i just happened to be there last sat and they had a cheer convention at the convention center across the street and there was still an abundance of cheer leaders.

Forbin
03-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Cheerleader conventions.
ICK.

Last time I was there a TON of cheerleaders and their moms all in GAC lines (Lots of Cheerleading Injuries). The GAC lines were even longer than the normal lines and just shut out the normal lines.

Good luck. And thanks for the heads up on the cheerleaders, I was about to go, but I learned my lesson.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
oh jeeze, cheer comp weekends are the worst (no offence)...all the preps running around (many cheers while waiting in line), it's scary :eek: ! The worst part was when they woke us up with cheers at 6 in the hotel parking lot! aiiee ..but my green homestead high school girls will be there!

disneygurl92
03-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm going this sunday too. And believe me if cheerleaders ruin pirates for me someone is gonna get hurt!

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I heard the first few skeletons on Pirates were a cheer group from Billings that got a little too :D loud.

sdfilmcritic
03-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I thought I learned my lesson two years ago when my family went to DLR during the competition then. My siblings and I do not get along with the cheerleader types very well. We all thought we learned our lesson during the competitions two years ago, but we forgot about what time of the year the competitions are held. Now my sister and I will be there this Sunday for yet another competition. Great. :rolleyes: At least my brother won't be with us this time. He gets really annoyed by the whole cheerleader scene (he's still a teenager in high school). Oh well. I think I can make it through the day. :D

disneyguy247
03-04-2005, 11:29 PM
i'm going on sunday as well. omg! cheerleaders! whats not to like?

sdfilmcritic
03-04-2005, 11:35 PM
i'm going on sunday as well. omg! cheerleaders! whats not to like?I hope that's a rhetorical question. ;)

Maus
03-05-2005, 08:54 AM
I'll be there tomorrow as well. See you in the line for Buzz Lightyear!;)

disneyguy247
03-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I hope that's a rhetorical question. ;)

yes, it was. they are SO annoying

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Color me GREEN with envy!!!!!! Have a caramel apple with nuts for me!

figmentspark
03-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Woah, lots of us will be @ the park tomorrow.
If anyone sees a shortish girl w/ a grizzly bear backpack and a pink sparkly tiara-that's me! Come say "Hi".

MrsG
03-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Cheerleaders all over the place on Friday. They were in the (crowded) stores doing their little routines. Take it outside girls!

sdfilmcritic
03-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Cheerleaders all over the place on Friday. They were in the (crowded) stores doing their little routines. Take it outside girls!CRINGE I'm having nightmares already. ;)