PDA

View Full Version : Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

disneygurl92
03-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Does anyone agree with me that Rokin Roller coaster could be added to CA? I think it fits into the Hollywood theme perfectly. And it could replace superstar limo. It would fit perfectly inside that building.

sdfilmcritic
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
It would be a nice idea for an addition the DLR, but where would there be room for it?

Disneyfreak
03-04-2005, 12:04 AM
It would be a nice idea for an addition the DLR, but where would there be room for it?

Plenty, they still have the whole parking lot next to it.

ZenMickey
03-04-2005, 05:36 AM
I may be way off on this, but wouldn't it be possible to use the WWTBAM building (and possibly the unused Hollywood dining bldg) to house this attraction? The SSL bldg is going to be transformed into something completely different.

And btw, the ride's name is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

stan4d_steph
03-04-2005, 05:46 AM
It's a great ride and would fit the theming, but I think most DL fans would prefer to get something unique rather than another WDW transplant.

The loading and staging area might fit in to the current space, but the actual ride building takes up a lot more area. They would have to expand into the parking lot again like they did for ToT.

Disney Vault
03-04-2005, 10:05 AM
It's a great ride and would fit the theming, but I think most DL fans would prefer to get something unique rather than another WDW transplant.

That is how I feel.

brerbear77
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I think it would be great to get that coaster in. If they don't have any other ideas I think a transplant would be fine. Plus that is a great ride. What are the plans for SSL???

ZenMickey
03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I always seem to be in the minority, but I thought RnRC was an average coaster- except for the launch and music. To be perfectly selfish, I would rather see another exciting, "E" ticket in that area- that wasn't a transplant.

I'm pretty sure that SSL is getting the Monsters Inc. makeover.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
03-04-2005, 10:57 AM
i dunno about the whole rock 'n' roll coaster... it just seems to cheesy for me. maybe its just the name or something, it just doesnt sound to appealing. plus i wouldnt want something thats already been done somewhere else, im tired of always getting remakes at disneyland. you know, there was a time when DLR made the original rides and people followed. now its just like oh well...we'll just give them something we already did somewhere else...seems like a lack of creativity at times.

Elways way
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Seems to similar to California screamin (except in the dark) for me. I'd like to see something totally new and particular to DCA.

goober7011
03-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Well there are a few ways that can work. If they do this they can keep the basic concept of a thrill coaser inside a show building. I know this seems a lot like space but this way we are able to have that loop that we all wanted in the new space and all of those other good things. I actually enjoyed the ride and would enjoy seeing a re-themed version more like the california theme (through the forests and on the freeways through L.A. or something)somewhere in DCA.

karl
03-05-2005, 06:09 AM
Its pretty much the entire reason I will will go to Disney-MGM Studios park when at Walt Disney World.

Rather nice rush and pretty clever dark-ride / coaster hybrid. My only complaint would be the length.. its a very short ride. But I think it would be a hit, and could fit in the footprint alongside the Monorail track in Hollywood.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-05-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm thinking of going to Disneyland Paris. I notice that they have this ride there at the WD Studios Park. Is this identical to WDW's version? I've never been on that one, and was wondering whether it's worth the extra admission to try the one in Paris, since I might be at the Disneyland park there. Also, it doesn't seem like there's too much else great at the Studios park. Anyone else been there?

Disney Vault
03-05-2005, 09:28 AM
The Paris one and WDW one are different. At WDW you are trying to get to a concert driving through the streets in a rush. While in Paris the ride is the actual concert itself and not the process of getting there.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-05-2005, 09:50 AM
How good is the one in Paris then? Hopefully it's not like comparing Disneyland's Pooh with the one in Tokyo. Is it still a great ride?

Disney Vault
03-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I've never been to the one in Paris so I wouldn't know. But people still seem to like it.

disneygurl92
03-05-2005, 09:22 PM
i just thought it would be something new and exciting. Also my family doesn't have he money to travel to florida all the time so it would be nice if it was put in for me at least. Besides the disney copyright says that the exact same version of the ride can't be copied which is why space mountain is so different here than the one in florida.

MrsG
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
To be perfectly selfish, I would rather see another exciting, "E" ticket in that area- that wasn't a transplant.
If you want to visit a park that is full of coasters, go to MM or even Knotts. Disney needs to add more themed attractions the whole family can enjoy - from little ones to grandma and grandpa. JMHO