PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is the park New Years Day?

EmmaPeel007
12-29-2001, 05:24 PM
Will it be packed or bearable? We haven't been in almost a month :eek: !

Morrigoon
12-29-2001, 05:29 PM
Hmm... never been New Year's DAY, only NYE... but on NYE it's PACKED. The two busiest days of the year for DL are July 4th, and New Year's Eve. So my guess would be that many of those people who came in for New Year's Eve will also go the following day (after they wake up).

ripplededge
12-29-2001, 05:43 PM
Technically, Christmas and NYE are supposed to be the busiest days of the year. Although, this Christmas wasn't bad.

Morrigoon... were you there at NYE '99?
Now that day totally sucked. It was nice to get that whole 2000 thing, but close to 100,000 at DL is not fun. All I remember of that night was that I was standing at the Plaza Inn, and there were wall to wall to wall heads from the beginning of main street to the hub. And stupidly, the only thing on my mind was that if something happened we only had 60,000 body bags at the time.

Morrigoon
12-29-2001, 06:01 PM
That was, in fact, the last NYE I spent at DL. My best friend and I decided an hour before midnight to head to the hub so we'd have a "good view". We got stuck on the bridge from Frontierland. People kept pushing in from behind, but no one in front was moving. The lady in front of us kept looking down at her son and asking if he could breathe.

The following two years we opted for the relative calm of Las Vegas :) Although truth be told, I'd like to do DL this year, but I have to work NYE. I'll get off early, but only just in time to head to the strip and join the rowdies.

Best thing we did was for millennium. We left our hotel (the Holiday Inn Boardwalk) early and walked over to the Bellagio. Got in there before they started restricting entry (after a certain hour - of their choosing - the major hotels stop letting anyone who's not a guest of the hotel from entering). They're fenced off down at the sidewalk, but Bellagio has that great sweeping driveway along one side of the lake. We spent all night hanging out inside, and near midnight came out to the driveway to watch the fireworks and fountain show. We were able to see the street partying without having to take part in it.

I'd do DL again some time. But my life does not currently allow for it (low man on the totem pole, you know?)

innerSpaceman
12-29-2001, 06:28 PM
In my experience of several New Years Days, but all several years ago, it was always a surprisingly uncrowded day.

Mad Madam Mim
12-30-2001, 02:11 PM
I am praying for UNcrowded.... Sparky and I will be ariving bright and early January 1st, 2002 :D