PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room

Pages : [1] 2

Simon I
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi,

As someone who has only visited WDW previously, please could you tell me...

is the Tiki Room the same as in the Magic Kingdom (i.e. "Under New Management") or is it the original DL version of the show?

Thanks

Simon

Disneyfreak
03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
The Disneyland version is the exact version that Walt Disney saw. The one in WDW sucks.

mystycalchyk
03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
The Disneyland version is the exact version that Walt Disney saw. The one in WDW sucks.

AMEN!

I almost cried after I went to that one.

kristen
03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
AMEN!

I almost cried after I went to that one.

awe, what's it like? (the wdw one)

mystycalchyk
03-03-2005, 02:35 PM

Its. just. so. bad.
So . utterly. wrong. :(

It's "updated" with Iago and Zazu.

*bleaches mind to try to erase the memory*

The next time we went to Disneyland after that WDW trip I had to watch the real one at least 3 tmies to try to atone for the WDW nightmare.

figmentspark
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM

Well, it starts like a normal show then Zazu and Iago take over. Except they don't exactly fit the show b/c they are like three or four times bigger than the other birds. It goes downhill from there and totally butchers the show.

It's so sad :crying:

disneyhound
03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
...It goes downhill from there and totally butchers the show...
Don't sugar-coat it, tell us what you really think! ;)

figmentspark
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Don't sugar-coat it, tell us what you really think! ;)

:rolleyes: I love it, can't you tell? ;)

mystycalchyk
03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I love it, can't you tell? ;)

*gags*

*horks*

*plug fingers into ears and tries to block the memories*

LALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALALALALAAAAAAAAAA

disneyhound
03-03-2005, 03:00 PM
LALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALALALALAAAAAAAAAA
BAMBA ;)

mystycalchyk
03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
*chuckles*

:fez:

bradk
03-03-2005, 03:51 PM
actually, up until the refurb, the tiki room was not exactly the same as the original. there was a bit removed for the sake of brevity (the tiki room is not known for getting the adrenaline going), but the refurb has promised to actually restore the show to its original length which i assume means putting the number in question back in.

so for most of those who have seen it in DL before, it will be slightly different.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
actually, up until the refurb, the tiki room was not exactly the same as the original. there was a bit removed for the sake of brevity (the tiki room is not known for getting the adrenaline going), but the refurb has promised to actually restore the show to its original length which i assume means putting the number in question back in.

If you are referring to the Offenbach(sp?) number, I had heard it was Not being included, and the presentation was to be exactly the same as before, albeit with much improved sound quality.

Disney Vault
03-03-2005, 05:34 PM
If you are referring to the Offenbach(sp?) number, I had heard it was Not being included, and the presentation was to be exactly the same as before, albeit with much improved sound quality.
I have heard the same thing.

Hakuna Makarla
03-03-2005, 05:48 PM
can one film the tiki room? I would so love to have this on video!!!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Personally, I find the WDW "Under New Management" version to be an amusing parody, but it belongs in Florida. The original Tiki Room should stick with the original show.

I'm told that Dole agrees, and has made it clear that any attempt to put the "Under New Management" version into the Anaheim Tiki Room will result in immediate cancellation of sponsorship.

I also honestly find it quite puzzling that the objections to the "Under New Management" version (given that it's not likely to invade the original Tiki Room) are so strong and so pervasive. To me, it doesn't seem nearly as awful as the "Nightmare" overlay on the Haunted Mansion, or the Country Bear Vacation Hatchet-job (which was so bad that the ride that has taken over that building in DL, even if not as good as its Tokyo counterpart is a vast improvement, and a much less malodorous sort of, ahem, "Pooh").

Disneyfreak
03-03-2005, 07:04 PM
can one film the tiki room? I would so love to have this on video!!!

You can see how it looked like before the refurb here: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/adv/tiki.html

Nancy
03-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the link Disneyfreak, I loved watching the birds tonight!!!!!

dalhar35
03-03-2005, 08:48 PM
<----Still sad tiki room was closed during trip :crying:

Disneyfreak
03-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the link Disneyfreak, I loved watching the birds tonight!!!!!

Your welcome.

stan4d_steph
03-04-2005, 06:00 AM
can one film the tiki room? I would so love to have this on video!!!Yes, you can film, but as Tiki Boy says, "No flashy-flashy." In other words, your video might not come out so well due to low lighting conditions.

ToursbabeC3po
03-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I really enjoyed the tiki room in Florida! Change is good. Why is everyone here so afraid of change. I personally do not like the old tiki room unless tiki boy is there.
Toursbabe

merlinjones
03-04-2005, 09:51 AM
>>I really enjoyed the tiki room in Florida! Change is good. Why is everyone here so afraid of change. <<

Good changes are good... Bad changes are not good. That WDW show is loud and noisy and artless. It sucks.

Good art transcends the ages. The dispoable marketing/consumer theory lifestyle you espouse destroys much of value in our lives. Let art live!

mystycalchyk
03-04-2005, 09:54 AM
>>I really enjoyed the tiki room in Florida! Change is good. Why is everyone here so afraid of change. <<

Good changes are good... Bad changes are not good. That WDW show is loud and noisy and artless. It sucks.

Good art transcends the ages. The dispoable marketing/consumer theory lifestyle you espouse destroys much of value in our lives. Let art live!

Thanks! You said ever so much better than I could.
I dont fear change, but this was atrocious really.

PapiBear
03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I like the Offenbach number. What's the rush, all? Sit back and relax and enjoy some soothing music and birdsong.

When I hear that music, though, I keep hearing a little kid's voice ask "do you like that bird, Grandpa?" and I melt from the power of such cuteness.