PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel

MOUSELUVR
03-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi!

We are new season passholders and I was wondering how far in advance you can make hotel reservations unsing your season pass holder discount? Does it vary month to month??

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-03-2005, 01:43 PM
yes it does vary, sometimes there aren't even discounts (let me repharse) there is always a bit of a discount, but there is never a guarantee of AP rates.

We have been able to book Ap nights sometimes as far out as two months, but in Feb the rates were not announced until the very end of Jan.

MOUSELUVR
03-03-2005, 05:01 PM
yes it does vary, sometimes there aren't even discounts (let me repharse) there is always a bit of a discount, but there is never a guarantee of AP rates.

We have been able to book Ap nights sometimes as far out as two months, but in Feb the rates were not announced until the very end of Jan.

So do you just keep calling starting, say, 2 months before your anticiapted trip?

downingfamily1
03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
What I usually do is make my reservations with the regular 10% standard discount and then start calling back every week or two when it gets down to two months before we leave. If the ap night rates become available I will book the room and then cancel the other reservations. I have only had to pay the high rates one time so far-and that time they gave us a special rate that we could use on our next vacation.
-Julie

MOUSELUVR
03-04-2005, 09:45 AM
What I usually do is make my reservations with the regular 10% standard discount and then start calling back every week or two when it gets down to two months before we leave. If the ap night rates become available I will book the room and then cancel the other reservations. I have only had to pay the high rates one time so far-and that time they gave us a special rate that we could use on our next vacation.
-Julie
Great! Thanks a bunch!

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
We stayed at the Disneyland hotel this last week for six nights and enjoyed our stay. My problem is now that I spend some time and look at Hotels right outside the maingate I realize you can save quite a lot of money that could be spent inside the park. We got up each morning-showered, dressed and left for the day. We got mocha's at Compass Books and used Whitewater snacks for B'fast. We usually didn't return to the room until after the park closed. Then we pretty much went right to bed. We spent about 3 hours total in the pool, which was nice-especially the one of the smaller pools near the fitness center that was so warm and we were the only ones. We went to the Koi ponds and waterfall twice and it was very nice-especially at night. But with that said I will have a hard time returning to one of the Disney Hotels simply because of the price. I was checking HoJo's and they had rooms with a balcony and Disney view for $49 a night on mousesaver. Compare that to $250 or so for Disneyland Hotel and I would have saved over $1200 for our stay. Was it worth $1200 for the extra's and staying at the DLH? I would have to say it was this time just because it was the first time we had stayed at a Disney Hotel. But for future visits I can't see spending that much more for a room that we are seldom in other than for sleep. I have heard some decent reviews of HoJo's and other motels outside maingate and that will probably be were we stay for now on.
As far as finances, we can afford the extra cost so lack of money is not an issue-the issue is whether it is worth the extra $$$ for the Disney hotel experience. I would rather spend that money on art at World of Disney or on tours or being able to splurge on meals. An extra $1200 or more extra cash shopping would go a long way.
What does everyone else think? Is it really worth the prices??