PDA

View Full Version : Just A Little More News On The Big FIVE-OH

Wendi
03-03-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.mousehub.com/articles.php?id=3

bradk
03-03-2005, 08:15 AM
for a few fleeting moments there, i thought this was about the cops. i nearly assumed the position.

i was wondering regarding those monsters, inc. beach balls they'll be 'shooting' out. will they just end up being something else ideal to pilfer or will they be generic eyeballs? i could see fights starting out over that one. maybe they'll have lojack so 3 weeks after your vacation, there's a knock at your door.

Opus1guy
03-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Up next to speak was Steve Davison, the Creative Director for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. The Cast Member noted that Steve was very charismatic and enthused about the entertainment that was coming to the resort. The Cast Member also stated that the entire group of cast members watching seemed genuinely excited about what Steve shared.

I had to chuckle when I read this. Anyone who has seen Steve make a presentation can not help but feel excited about anything he presents! To say he's "animated" in his presentations is a gross understatement. He could make the purchase of a new brand of toilet paper seem exciting, IMHO. :)

He's one of the most talented and creative guys the Company has working for it. I hope being moved up the corporate ladder does not curb his enthusiasm and creative juices. Though it's kind of hard to imagine anything "curbing" Steve! This is the kind of guy that wakes up in the morning, takes one huge deep breath, and doesn't let it out until he goes to sleep later that night! :)

I hope someday he gets to finally do his "Night On Bald Mountain" effect using the Matterhorn as part of the nightly fireworks show. Those were some pretty amazing concepts.

Steve's innovations and creative drive reminds me of another great Disneyland Entertainment legend from the past...Bob Jani (I was too young back then to have met Tommy Walker, another Disneyland Entertainment legend).

Thanks for the link to the report!

Wendi
03-03-2005, 10:55 PM
for a few fleeting moments there, i thought this was about the cops. i nearly assumed the position.

What cops?

bradk
03-04-2005, 12:05 AM
five-oh is slang for police, as in hawaii.