PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Golf?

Daveylegs
03-03-2005, 07:13 AM
What's this I hear about miniature golf coming to DLR? Is this just a rumor or us it truly happening? Does anyone know where it will go?

(Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea.)

Susan L
03-03-2005, 07:16 AM
I have not heard this so I don't know. Where would they put it?

Darkbeer
03-03-2005, 07:59 AM
The rumor is where Fantasy Waters used to be at the Disneyland Hotel... they have removed the signage, and are removing the fountains.

dalhar35
03-03-2005, 08:01 AM
I hope its not one of those cheap one's you see at malls. If Disneyland does it right it could be pretty neat-But thats a big if.

bradk
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecMiniatureGolfDetailPage

just to give you an idea.

Daveylegs
03-03-2005, 08:43 AM
It doesn't seem like the fountain area would really be enough space for a miniature golf course. I guess if they expanded to that sandy area near by. Or maybe get rid of the boats.

Would be a great addition but do they have enough room?

Darkbeer
03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
The rumor is to get rid of the waterfall area, since it is a constant worry in regards to guests slipping and falling, and liability.

And you don't need the biggest piece of property, smart planning can get a full course in a small space. Heck, the Block of Orange is offering Indoor Neon mini golf in a storefront. (Temporary set-up)... I have played the full blown version in Toronto last year, and it is neat when done right.

ksejr1
03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
What's this I hear about miniature golf coming to DLR? Is this just a rumor or us it truly happening? Does anyone know where it will go?

(Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea.)

\
But this page about the mini golf thing is under walt disney world. not disneyland.

olegc
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
\
But this page about the mini golf thing is under walt disney world. not disneyland.

yes - but it is COMING to DLR, not yet here. The example provided in the WDW link was just to show what is is over there, and what COULD BE over here..

There was already an extensive thread on this one (from January).

MrsPooh
03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
The rumor is to get rid of the waterfall area, since it is a constant worry in regards to guests slipping and falling, and liability.

:eek: Nooooooo!!! :eek: I love that area! I had heard that rumor before but had hoped it to be false. :eek: Noooo!!!!

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 02:30 AM
I hope the waterfall and Koi Ponds are left alone. That is a great spot for the morning coffee or after returning from the parks at night. DL exec's-Leave it alone-Don't mess with a good thing-you got plenty of other little tasks to do like turning a parking lot into something more useful i.e. good attractions.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
03-04-2005, 06:29 AM
that would be heart breaking to know that they would take out the waterfalls. my family and i had a chance to stay in the bonita tower and listen to the waterfalls and our room overlooked them so we could just kind open the window and enjoy the sites and sounds of it. i think it just adds that little piece of beauty that makes you feel that you are completley in another world. my opinion...leave the waterfalls as they are.

Stupid_American
03-04-2005, 07:02 AM
NOT THE WATERFALLS !!!!!

I love heading there on hot, crowded days.

Daveylegs
03-04-2005, 07:06 AM
I thought the dancing waters show had declined last time I went. I won't be sorry to see it go.

I think it would be great to have a "Never Land" themed mini golf area. My kids LOVE the Never Land pool. Usually the best part of our trip is hanging out at the pool (which is why we always stay at the DLH).

I rarely see anyone operating the boats. Volleyball court/beach area is generally empty as well. Maybe those areas could be sacrificed instead of the pond or waterfalls?

MrsG
03-04-2005, 09:31 AM
The rumor is where Fantasy Waters used to be at the Disneyland Hotel... they have removed the signage, and are removing the fountains.
How did I miss this?? I thought they were revamping the Fantasy Water show. So sad... And leave the waterfalls alone! I HATE MINI GOLF! (But if anyone can make it interesting, Disney can -- crossing fingers).