PDA

View Full Version : Help! Suites with room for 6?

JBarb
03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I will be travelling to Disneyland in May with my family. There will be 2 adults and 4 kids (8,8,12,12). We would like to stay in one suite and ideally have 3 queen beds at least. I'm a little worried about the suites that say they sleep 6 but it's two beds and a pullout couch. Any suggestions? We're not really that worried about being within walking distance or anything.
Thanks

Darren
03-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Try Desert Inn (http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com)
They have some family suites with up to 4 queen beds. The web site shows the floor plans of the rooms. They are pretty well acros the street from the main gate too. I can't vouch for the quality, I know that the reviews are both good and bad.

03-03-2005, 04:56 AM
We had one at the Disneyland Hotel. It was a livingroom with fold-out couch (slept two) and two bedrooms, each with a queen bed.

The suite was on the ground floor and had a patio with a picnic table, very handy for room service.

CoasterChickie
03-03-2005, 07:12 AM
The Hawthorne Suites and Embassy Suites sleep 6 very comfortably. There are two quen beds in one room and a pullout queen in the other The Hawthorne Suites also includes a buffet style breakfast every morning and there are kitchenettes in the rooms if you want to make meals there. But the Embassy Suites is newer and nicer in other ways!

Wendi
03-03-2005, 07:31 AM
I highly recommend Staybridge Suites. We had a 2BR Suite, it was an apartment! Two bedrooms, one with a king bed, the other with 2 queens or doubles, both have bathrooms. Livingroom with sofabed, full kitchen (stocked with dishes, appliances, etc.) and a little dining area. They offer a very good free breakfast every morning (I even made PB&Js each day from the breakfast buffet for my son's lunch!) They have hors d'euvres receptions each evening including beer/wine/non-alcoholic drinks, and twice a week they have a full BBQ by the pool with burgers/dogs all the fixin's, chips, salads, etc.

We were VERY impressed, and the staff there was great. It is not in walking distance, I think it's about 1-1/2 miles away, so you will need to use the shuttle (or drive).

JBarb
03-03-2005, 08:04 AM
The Hawthorne Suites and Embassy Suites sleep 6 very comfortably. There are two quen beds in one room and a pullout queen in the other The Hawthorne Suites also includes a buffet style breakfast every morning and there are kitchenettes in the rooms if you want to make meals there. But the Embassy Suites is newer and nicer in other ways!
The EMbassy Suites website only shows 2 double bed suites with a sofa bed. Where did you see queen beds?
Thanks

Raven
03-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey 3894, how many bathrooms were in the Disneyland Hotel Suite? THANK YOU!

MartyLuvsTigger
03-03-2005, 08:41 AM
I will be travelling to Disneyland in May with my family. There will be 2 adults and 4 kids (8,8,12,12). We would like to stay in one suite and ideally have 3 queen beds at least. I'm a little worried about the suites that say they sleep 6 but it's two beds and a pullout couch. Any suggestions? We're not really that worried about being within walking distance or anything.
Thanks
I am booked at the Parkside Inn and Suites. Got a two bed room suite with 3
doubles and a pull out. But they do offer a 2 room/ 2 bathroom suite there.

got2travel
03-03-2005, 11:14 AM
The Carousel Inn and Suites has what they call a 2 bath suite. Its got 3 queen (maybe double) beds and 2 full bathrooms. Its like a regular hotel room with an additional bedroom with its own bath.

nsyncitnd1787
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I highly recommend Staybridge Suites. We had a 2BR Suite, it was an apartment! Two bedrooms, one with a king bed, the other with 2 queens or doubles, both have bathrooms. Livingroom with sofabed, full kitchen (stocked with dishes, appliances, etc.) and a little dining area. They offer a very good free breakfast every morning (I even made PB&Js each day from the breakfast buffet for my son's lunch!) They have hors d'euvres receptions each evening including beer/wine/non-alcoholic drinks, and twice a week they have a full BBQ by the pool with burgers/dogs all the fixin's, chips, salads, etc.

We were VERY impressed, and the staff there was great. It is not in walking distance, I think it's about 1-1/2 miles away, so you will need to use the shuttle (or drive).

i'm so seconding that! we've stayed there 2 times since we discovered it and both times we had the 2BDR suits, and it was awosome! so cool... it is really like a mini-appartment (umm, actually take out that mini). such nice people there. it's a great hotel!! they even allow pets!!!

CoasterChickie
03-03-2005, 07:53 PM
The EMbassy Suites website only shows 2 double bed suites with a sofa bed. Where did you see queen beds?
Thanks

There are a few Embassy Suites in the Anaheim area. Try looking at the Disney Resort Good Neighbors Hotels list and you'll see the one I mean.

Pascomom
03-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks

Consider the Coast Anaheim Hotel. They have suites on the top floors. I checked recently and they were $139 per night. Wonderful, and I mean wonderful, view of DL and DCA. Great pool and grounds.

MOUSELUVR
03-04-2005, 09:30 AM
We really enjoyed the suites at Carousel...our room had one area with a queen bed and queen sofa sleeper and separate bedroom with another queen bed. Each room had its own TV...only one bathroom though.

Qman
03-07-2005, 08:22 AM
We took 7 people to the Disneyland Hotel and got a 2 bedroom suite in April, 2003. It was fantastic, very roomy. The suite took up the entire end of a hallway, both sides. At the end of the hall, you come to the main entry door which opens on to a connector hall with a door to each side, left and right. On the right side was a bedroom with two queen beds a pull out couch, TV stand and a full bathroom. To the left side is the living room, two chairs and pull out couch, TV stand, small bar/refrigerator area and a 1/2 bath. Off of the living room is the 2nd bedroom, king size bed, TV stand and full bath. Our balconies extended from one side of the building, facing the pool, around the end of the building, facing GC and CA with some DR, to the other side toward PP and parking lots. Great Views. The suite was only slightly more expensive than 2 standard rooms, plus all suites are concierge, which we used extensively. Althought the concierge lounge was in the middle building.

It was the best room we have had on Disney property, including the poly and WL at WDW. Hope this helps.

03-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey 3894, how many bathrooms were in the Disneyland Hotel Suite? THANK YOU!

Two bathrooms.

adriennek
03-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I've had several friends stay at the Desert Inn & Suites. The location cannot be beat. It's RIGHT THERE across Harbor from DLR- one of the two closest motels. They've all been satisfied with their rooms. The continental breakfast not so much but the rooms are fine and the location's fantastic.

Adrienne

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Last year we stayed at a suite at Carousel for 150 a night. It had 2 bedrooms with 3 queens and we got a roll away for free and it also had two full baths. It was ok. They have "view" suites that are supposed to be nicer but I don't really know about those.