PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm... cheap [food]?

kristen
03-02-2005, 03:35 PM
just had to ask...where is the cheapest food in dland/or the most food for the least money...?

bradk
03-02-2005, 03:35 PM
there are a lot of places (this is discussed quite frequently on here) but probably the most common answer you'll get is whitewater snacks in the GCH

merlinjones
03-02-2005, 03:36 PM
just had to ask...where is the cheapest food in dland/or the most food for the least money...?

If we tell you they'll raise the price!

TOTFan
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Tortilla Joes take out window. Not the main restaurant but the take out window. Huge portions

Darkbeer
03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Wetzel's Pretzel's is a great deal in DtD, a combo meal (Wetzel's Dog and soda) for about $5 with a 20% AP discount (any of the 4 types of AP qualify).

If you are willing to walk, the MickeyD's on Harbor is the closest and cheapest place, especially if you stick to the Dollar Menu.

The IHOP and Denny's on Harbor have inflated prices (compared to other locations).

Or you could go to the ARCO's on Harbor or Ball and grab some of those "fine" burgers and BBQ pork sandwiches....

There is a Subway on the corner of Harbor and Katella, along with a Chinese Food place...

olegc
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
if inside the park - it used to be the Big Thunder Barbecue - but now that it's gone thru two locations (Rancho Del Zocolo and then Stage Door) I can't tell you what portion sizes and $$ are in comparison (have not been yet - ok slap me).

for my family usually it's Pizza Port in TLAND - but that's limited to pazza, pizza, and salad. no real "entree"...

If you have to stay in the park - pick one place nice to eat during your stay and then snack the rest of the day.

Foot long Chili dog at coke corner anyone?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-02-2005, 09:02 PM
The huge corn dogs on main street get my vote, the price isn't bad and if you can cope with the heartburn afterward it will last you for hours.

I second Tortilla Joe's, we had food from the take out window yesterday and it was pretty good.

Larilyn
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I agree with bradk. Definitely the snack shack! Whitewater Snacks in the hotel....huge portions....more bang for your buck!! And a relaxing environment, that's for sure!

kristen
03-03-2005, 12:37 AM
I can't tell you what portion sizes and $$ are in comparison (have not been yet - ok slap me).?
cute, no one's going to slap you...it's the internet, we can only harass you verbally and stalk you and implant microchips and cameras through tiny viruses...jk....thanks y'all for the advice, that wetzel pretzel thing sounds great too, cause i never thought of really going in before (i thought it'd be really expensive) but all the ideas were soooo good i'm really hungry...gotta go raid the kitchen, bye and thanks and God bless!

03-03-2005, 04:46 AM
bye and thanks and God bless!

Wait! Come back!

MousePadders, we forgot to tell her you can split portions of Redd Rockett's chicken fusilli and the French dip at the French Market and ....

PsychDoc
03-03-2005, 05:14 AM
Pizza Port, for sure. Usully 2 adults can share a salad and pasta and feel full. Ariels gratto I think is the best overall -- full meal -- soup or salad, bread, drink, huge entree, desert. Terrific view. Great character interaction. Flat price. For 2 adults and 1 kid, no more than 35-40$ for lunch. For DL very cheap!

Wizard69
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Whitewater Snacks

Plaza Inn (portions are big so you can share any of the main dishes with 2 people and the dishes are $11-12 (pasta, chicken or pot roast).

Ariel's Grotto is a little on the expensive side but you get alot of food for the money and the food is good. (lunch is $16 for adults which include a salad or soup and main dish with cotton candy for dessert. Dinner is $20 which includes a salad or soup, main course and dessert+cotton candy). Also there is character interaction (Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Stitch).

Wetzel's Pretzels is a good deal and the bagel dogs are soooooo good.

Wendi
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Another vote for White Water Snacks! You can also get the refillable drink mug there and save on drinks...

ToursbabeC3po
03-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I normally eat outside the park because the food is just better and cheaper but if you have to eat inside my Favorite is Red Rockets pizza in tomorrowland. IF you get pasta you can split it. (Too much food)
Never been to this whitewaters place they are talking about mybe we will try that out this weekend:-)

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))
Toursbabe Who is off to a two day stay at the DLR!

rentayenta
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Share share share. The entrees at The French Market come with salads so there is plenty of food to split a meal and fill up.

Caramel apple for lunch anyone? :D

kristen
03-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Wait! Come back!

MousePadders, we forgot to tell her you can split portions of Redd Rockett's chicken fusilli and the French dip at the French Market and ....

mmmmm...me like....you guys are making me hungryhungryhungry! Thanks for all the fabuloso tips!! Me encantan ustedes!! (it's kinda like "I love you guys!")

mystycalchyk
03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Last time we got them the nachos at Rancho Del Zocala were GIGANTIC!!!!!

Way too much for one person....It fills up two people. And you get drink refills there :p

I Heart Disneyland!
03-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Another vote for White Water Snacks! You can also get the refillable drink mug there and save on drinks...

Never have eaten at this place. What do they have???

GrumpyUTboi
03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Kristen,

Cheapest food at DL, that is a great one! :D The cheapest food is the food that you buy at the store, a store far away from DL, that you bring in to the park.

rentayenta
03-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Kristen,

Cheapest food at DL, that is a great one! :D The cheapest food is the food that you buy at the store, a store far away from DL, that you bring in to the park.

Yeah, but that's no fun! They call him Grumpy for a reason. :p

stan4d_steph
03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Tortilla Jo's Taqueria in DTD has great Mexican food and it's a takeaway window, so it's less expensive than having a sitdown meal. I recommend the carnitas tacos. I've also heard raves about the Mexicone.

Stupid_American
03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
The turkey legs, available from carts inside DL, are reasonable, tasty and quite filling.
My wife and I split one.

disneygurl92
03-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I have to say if you want a full on meal go to the french market. Pizza Port is good too, but every time we go with my friend we eat there. So I'm pretty much sick of pizza. Even though the pizza there is way better than the stuff they call pizza served at our school.

kristen
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Kristen,

you make me giggle, but it's true,...ok, maybe i'll pack a lunch, buy dinner there and snack on cotton candy for dessert...ah, dang! Now i gotta try everything y'all suggested, It's all sooooo wonderful!!