PDA

View Full Version : NO AP preview of BUZZ?!

TOTFan
03-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Hmmm, Kind of sucks, but doesn't look like we are getting an AP preview. Loved the TOT event. Wish we would get one for this.

Wendi
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Where did you get this info?

Darkbeer
03-02-2005, 03:38 PM
^I can confirm there will be no "previews" of Buzz for AP holders, they pushed up the opening date to March 17th, and there wasn't time to get the word out...

But if you plan to be in the park the next few weeks, I would walk by the attraction a few times, you might find it operating under "testing" mode...

TOTFan
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
because the ride opens march 17th and its not been announced that they will have a AP preview. Usually when they do an AP preview it would be announced already.

sediment
03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Now THAT's a shame.

SCUBAbe
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
probably becasue it is not an E ticket ride. Besides for the AP preview on TOT I felt like a gueinia pig. They were making us pull on the belts..try to stand up with the belts on...pull on them again...We were like the test people for the belts...LOL

PsychDoc
03-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Maybe it's because I'm a new APer, but I'm just thrilled that it'll be open when we go for Easter. Is it going to be pretty close to the one in DW? I heard that their Buzz is a cool ride. Also, is it like RR, with lots of jerky turns? My mother-in-law has a bad neck and back and was in pain after getting on that ride a few years ago.

bradk
03-03-2005, 05:45 AM
the premise is the same as WDW, but the ambience is a lot better and the track layout is different too. based on the videos posted, it appears to be very smooth and rather slow (which i guess makes sense since you're trying to hit targets and you're the one moving the most).

sediment
03-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Maybe it's because I'm a new APer, but I'm just thrilled that it'll be open when we go for Easter. Is it going to be pretty close to the one in DW? I heard that their Buzz is a cool ride. Also, is it like RR, with lots of jerky turns? My mother-in-law has a bad neck and back and was in pain after getting on that ride a few years ago.
More like Haunted Mansion's speed.

cstephens
03-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Hmmm, Kind of sucks, but doesn't look like we are getting an AP preview. Loved the TOT event. Wish we would get one for this.

I expect that may be partly because there's a lot of stuff going on right now. They had the Chip and Dale event about a month ago. The Indy event is tonight. The May 5th kickoff is in two months. Having another big event in mid-March would probably be crowding the schedule too much, both for attendees and organizers.

TOTFan
03-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Its not a big event, its just taking a few days out of the week and letting AP's ride the ride. Just like they are doing for the cast members. Just away of thanking devote disney guests.

cstephens
03-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Its not a big event, its just taking a few days out of the week and letting AP's ride the ride. Just like they are doing for the cast members. Just away of thanking devote disney guests.

You mentioned the TOT event and said you wanted the same thing for Buzz. That *was* a big event. I don't recall them having AP previews (like they did for the Snow White show and Bug's Land) for ToT.

sediment
03-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Not all AP holders are "devoted disneyland guests." Find the AP holders that spend (on average) over $200 per person per visit. It's a way of defining "devoted."

bradk
03-03-2005, 07:55 AM
to argue that same point, someone who has an AP to disneyland probably lives reasonably close by. are they then automatically devoted because they opted to limit how much money they spend per year entering the parks?

also, i don't think CMs are getting exclusive previews of buzz. if i'm not mistaken (and i know i probably am), all the talk has been that they'll be able to use FP while guests use standby.

Larilyn
03-03-2005, 08:04 AM
You mentioned the TOT event and said you wanted the same thing for Buzz. That *was* a big event. I don't recall them having AP previews (like they did for the Snow White show and Bug's Land) for ToT.

They had a TOT AP preview, cause I went. You could register for tickets (they had several different dates and times) online, and then picked them up in the old Hollywood and Dine building. It was the very beginning of May, and the ride opened at the end of May. It was fun....no lines. :cool:

I'm excited for the Buzz ride....the one in WDW is awesome.

TOTFan
03-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Thank you Larilyn, the TOT AP events where great. I loved walking right on the ride and not having to wait. Plus it was nive for Disney to do that for such DEVOTE people who purchase ap's. Not saying that not all guests aren't but when I throw down 300+ dollars and it says that special ride previews are part of being an AP, it's nice when they do it, since it only happens every few years.

TOTFan
03-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Not all AP holders are "devoted disneyland guests." Find the AP holders that spend (on average) over $200 per person per visit. It's a way of defining "devoted."

It's also not about money

cstephens
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
They had a TOT AP preview, cause I went. You could register for tickets (they had several different dates and times) online, and then picked them up in the old Hollywood and Dine building. It was the very beginning of May, and the ride opened at the end of May. It was fun....no lines. :cool:

Hmmm, I must have either missed it or don't remember. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

and it says that special ride previews are part of being an AP

Really? Where does it say that? I don't remember seeing that anywhere, though honestly, I haven't read much about the AP ticket in some time.

Wizard69
03-03-2005, 08:48 AM
to argue that same point, someone who has an AP to disneyland probably lives reasonably close by. are they then automatically devoted because they opted to limit how much money they spend per year entering the parks?

also, i don't think CMs are getting exclusive previews of buzz. if i'm not mistaken (and i know i probably am), all the talk has been that they'll be able to use FP while guests use standby.

Cast previews are March 7-10 but they are supposed to have soft openings as well. They have been having soft openings the last few days for Early Entry guests.

bradk
03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
They have been having soft openings the last few days for Early Entry guests.

that hasn't been made entirely clear in the past few days either. what i've read is that guests of the disney hotels have been able to read the ride. i'm curious as to how buzz if and how buzz is actually incorporated into EE. don't you have to venture some into TM to even get to buzz?

disneyscott
03-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Hmmm, I must have either missed it or don't remember. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Here is the thread form 4-1-04

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27045&highlight=free+preview

Arnie
03-03-2005, 11:33 AM
i'm curious as to how buzz if and how buzz is actually incorporated into EE. don't you have to venture some into TM to even get to buzz?

Only have to go the same distance you would if you were going to Star Tours, so really no problem to let them on.

I think it's good to let the Hotel guest on it, so that they get a more unbiased response. Yeah it's someone who must enjoy Disney enough or have enough cash to have stayed at the Hotel. But they won't have the same opinions as the day visiting AP holder would have.

brad73
03-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone know if soft openings are scheduled or likely for this weekend? I really doubt the internet community would keep them from a soft opening at this point.

SoCalDude
03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyone know if soft openings are scheduled or likely for this weekend? I really doubt the internet community would keep them from a soft opening at this point.
We went to the park today (Thurs the 3rd) and I asked if they were going to open it all all today - they said no.......

BUT - she said they WILL OPEN - and she meant open - not preview on Friday the 4th when the park opens. This was one of the Cms in the Buzz shop dressed up in the Buzz uniforms. She was quite positive it would open first thing Friday morning. The other CM dressed in the Buzz uniform did confirm the opening of it.

Soooooooooo... you may want to go in the morning to check it out.

Wizard69
03-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Soft openings started today. I went on it 10 times.