PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Anaheim At The Park

jrsharp21
03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Has anyone ever stayed here before? Can anyone share experiences?

bradk
03-02-2005, 01:40 PM
http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrholidayinnatthepark

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d75493-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Anaheim_At_The_Park-Anaheim_California.html

JeffG
03-02-2005, 07:18 PM
We stayed there a few weeks ago for a very short, overnight visit (we live in the L.A. area, but wanted to be close to the park for some very early morning plans). The room and grounds were clean and well maintained, but very basic.

It is useful to note that walking to the parks from this particular motel probably isn't overly practical, if that is something that you put any importance on. It is a bit of a distance (I'd guess about 1/2 a mile), with some pretty narrow sidewalks. You would also have to cross a pretty busy freeway entrance. Although there is a light there, right turns on red could make it a bit hazardous.

Honestly, while the motel isn't a bad choice, there probably are better ones that are closer and similarly priced.

-Jeff

The Mouse Is Back
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
We've stayed here many times - back when it was the Conestoga, then when it was the Ramada, and a couple of times since it was taken over by Holiday Inn.

Personally, I love it - it's VERY quiet, especially if you get a room facing Ball Road. Even the rooms next to Mickey & Friends (parking structure) are quiet since Holiday Inn remodeled them with double-paned windows.

However, if you don't have a car and don't want to pay for the resort area transportation, it is a long walk from there to the Park.

For my money, I like it better than other non-Disney properties.

-Allegra-

JSKoehler
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
After much dithering, we cancelled our Entertainment Card rate reservation at the Holiday Inn at the Park today and are going instead with an even cheaper rate at the Days Inn Maingate Convention Center. Although the Days Inn is further away, we figured we wouldn't be walking from the Holiday Inn either, so we will use the Days Inn's free shuttle or get ART passes (which we would have paid for at the HI anyway). The Days Inn also has free continental breakfast, and refrigerators and microwaves in all the rooms. It's pool is much smaller that the HI's (indeed the whole complex is much smaller and more basic, a true motel, not a hotel/resort), but we don't expect to get any use out of it in late March anyway. Our principal use for our lodging is bathing, napping and sleeping, so, in the end it was a money thing . . . about $100 difference for the four nights we will be staying.

JSKoehler
03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Personally, I love it - it's VERY quiet, especially if you get a room facing Ball Road. Even the rooms next to Mickey & Friends (parking structure) are quiet since Holiday Inn remodeled them with double-paned windows.

I don't think that is the Holiday Inn at the Park you are thinking of . . . the Holiday Inn on Ball Road near the parking deck is the Holiday Inn Anaheim. Holiday Inn at the Park is the one further down Ball Road at I-5,

The Mouse Is Back
03-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't think that is the Holiday Inn at the Park you are thinking of . . . the Holiday Inn on Ball Road near the parking deck is the Holiday Inn Anaheim. Holiday Inn at the Park is the one further down Ball Road at I-5,

D'oh!!!

Right you are. :)

-Allegra-