PDA

View Full Version : How Tall is Too Tall?

Pages : [1] 2

dlandnut
03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I have a nephew who is 6'9" tall. He's not obese, just tall. In great shape, played college basketball, etc., etc. We're going to DL in June and he may join us, but seems hesitant due to his height. Are there any attractions at either park that may be a problem for him, or can he "squeeze" those long legs into most of the rides? :)

RideMax Mark
03-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm roughly the same size, at 6'8", and generally don't have too much trouble. Space Mountain is a bit cramped, but it likely won't be open by June, so that's not too much of an issue. (And I could still fit on that one, I just had to learn how to "fold" my legs under myself when I got in the car.)

The one ride that bothers me a bit is Screamin'. My shoulders come all the way up to the over-the-shoulder restraint, so if I pull it down too far it sort of "compresses" my back. As long as I leave it up a couple of notches I'm fine.

I say he should go for it!

Earkid
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
My DH is 6'5" and he bumps his knees on BTMRR but still goes on it. He also has to watch out for the Doombuggy bar closing. We always ride separately on the Matterhorn. He had to ride in the front row of the Pooh ride in order to fit his knees. We have to ride in separate rows for Alice in Wonderland. He's OK on Indy. He has to watch his head if passing close to an ODV cart because of the umbrellas. He doesn't care for ToonTown but we don't have kids so no biggie. He actually did ride Gadgets Go Coaster one time with nephew.

That's all I can think of right now. I can't imagine passing up DL just because of size, god knows many large people don't.

AmandasDad
03-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm 6'5" and have problems with most rides that have a lap bar. The doom buggies are a minor issue though. The fantasyland rides you can work with okaay and the materhorn is ok too if you ride single. Biggest problems are with Autopia. Can't go on it at all.

JSKoehler
03-02-2005, 11:27 AM
The fantasyland rides you can work with okaay

Well, maybe not Casey Jr. . . . even regular sized adults have problems (or so I'm told . . . our upcoming trip will be the first with out kids. Previously we used the Storyland Boats to see the same displays, but I think the boys are going to want to do both).

Storm
07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
What exactly is the problem with the lap bars?? I'm going in November with a 6'9" man. Being a wee 5' myself, I've never given the slightest thought to leg room issues! Do you think the shoulder bars on California Screamin' will go over him, and what about Casey Jr.??

Thank you!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Little tod is a bit over 6'6" and he's all legs. He doesn't have a problem with lap bars per se but sometimes he has to "fold up" more than we do. But he's never had a problem being to tall for anything.

sdfilmcritic
07-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm 5'9" and my gf is 5'3", but I have nothing against tall people. My uncle and some of his kids are around 6'6". We have quite a range of heights in my family and I have nothing against tall or short people. :D

P.S. I should add that you could always ask at Guest Services if they have any information about the height limitations on the attractions.

Viva La Disney
07-21-2005, 11:32 PM
ask Guest Services if they have any information about the height limitations on the attractions.

lol, no Goofy's bounce house ;)

ToursbabeC3po
07-22-2005, 12:00 AM
There are no height restrictions for tall guest at Disneyland or DCA. Like others here have stated it may just be a issue of comfort I am not sure if you are coming from out of town and plan on visiting other parks in the area? If you do I know that at Knotts, six flags, and lego land there are several attractions that have size restrictions for tall or lager guest. ON attractions that have these restriction the sign at the front of each attraction will state very clearing about the restriction. A lot of times they have a seat of that attraction before you enter the que so he could sit in the seat and see if he fits properly so you do not have to wait in line and find out he can not ride once you have waited for an hour. I hope you have a great trip:-)
toursbabe

Storm
07-24-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm a bit worried about my Beasty being able to "FOLD" himself up because he's got a 6" or so steel rod in his spine... No bending too much in the back, but legs can!

ktgd03
07-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm 6'3, but my cousin is a whopping 6'9!

MrsPooh
07-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I am only 5'8", but I have legs as long as my cousin who is 6"6". Yup, you guessed it, I am all legs. I don't have alot of trouble with the rides, but I have to fold up those legs at times. And I get my knees knocked a bit on Matterhorn! Otherwise I am ok.

Don't know if that helps you or not! ;)

phoenixfire2k5
07-24-2005, 03:17 PM
How tall is too tall? If you hit your head on every rafter because you fail to duck, then you may be too tall. :p :D

If you find out that it is raining before everyone else, then you may be too tall.

If you see sun, and everyone else is seeing clouds, then you may be too tall.

Matter of fact, if you see sun, and everyone else is getting rained on, then you may be too tall. :p :D :~D

Doug
07-24-2005, 03:59 PM
LOL!

If you have to duck as passenger jets go by....

Wow... I wonder what the 7' + people (ie basketball players) do?!

Wow! Brilliant idea: Have a ride car out front of EVERY ride, to try out, and see if you fit!

How tall is too tall? If you hit your head on every rafter because you fail to duck, then you may be too tall. :p :D

If you find out that it is raining before everyone else, then you may be too tall.

If you see sun, and everyone else is seeing clouds, then you may be too tall.

Matter of fact, if you see sun, and everyone else is getting rained on, then you may be too tall. :p :D :~D

phoenixfire2k5
07-24-2005, 04:12 PM
If an airplane goes in one ear, and out the other, you may be too tall.

If an eagle or some kind of other bird has nested in your hair, AND YOU AINT LYLE LOVETT lol, then you may be too tall. :p

If the Washington Monument looks like a white traffic cone to you, then you may be too tall.

LOL! I aint gettin these from anywhere people. There just coming to me. :p

Little tod
07-24-2005, 04:19 PM
At 6'6", I have almost no problem pretty much everywhere in the parks. Two exceptions:

Mullholland Madness - I don't go on it anymore, it's too much hassle.

Space Mountain - Cross your ankles as you go to sit down. It'll seem like a bit of a squeeze, but force your way down to the bottom and there's some extra room. Same with getting out. It's a little hassle but not that big of a deal.

I don't remember anything else that caused enough of a problem for me to remember it.

Doug
07-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Wow... you should do stand up.... while sitting of course :>

If an airplane goes in one ear, and out the other, you may be too tall.

If an eagle or some kind of other bird has nested in your hair, AND YOU AINT LYLE LOVETT lol, then you may be too tall. :p

If the Washington Monument looks like a white traffic cone to you, then you may be too tall.

LOL! I aint gettin these from anywhere people. There just coming to me. :p

phoenixfire2k5
07-24-2005, 04:34 PM
LOL! Thanks.

If you stand up, and you get nosebleed, you may be too tall.

If you often find that dogs want to sniff you and lift their legs up to you, then don't wear brown pants because you may be too tall. LOL!

If Spiderman uses you as one of his anchors for webbing through the air, or if Superman can leap you in a single bound, then you may be too tall. :P

dlandnut
07-25-2005, 06:48 AM
LOL! Thanks.

If you often find that dogs want to sniff you and lift their legs up to you, then don't wear brown pants because you may be too tall. LOL!

If Spiderman uses you as one of his anchors for webbing through the air, or if Superman can leap you in a single bound, then you may be too tall. :P

You're a regular comedian, PhoenixFire.

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 01:33 PM
lol, thanks.

Shortiemetoo
07-25-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL! Thanks.

Rofl...ok I have an opposite problem...sometimes it is hard to be very very short at Disneyland...lol my daughter is only 4'11" and I am only 5'1". sometimes it is hard to get out of rides as there are such large amounts of area to step out..ie: the canoes..I envy tall people!!!! ;) :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Advanced apologies if any of these offends anyone. :(

If you're used as an endtable or a nightstand, and you have a beercan or a lamp on your head, you may be too short.

If you're the last one to find out that it rains, then you may be too short.

If you can't even see airplanes flying overhead, then you may be too short.

If your cat, or just a cat, chases you around, then you may be too short.

If a mouse can sit there, point and laugh at you while telling short jokes, you may be too short.

If Honey I Shrunk the Kids or Honey I shrunk the Audience was based on you, or you were used and cloned a million times for either one of those, you may be too short.

If you're carried off by a bird, and dropped into the nest in Lyle Lovetts hair, then you may be too short. :p

If you get height envy when you look at Tinkerbell, then you may be to short.

If you get full on a small chunk of cheese, and you aint a supermodel, then you may be too short. :p

If you can punch a midget in the kneecaps, then you may be too short. (I might get some tomatoes thrown at me for that one.) :p

If you are not allowed on any ride at any theme park, then you may be too short. :D :p

Shortiemetoo
07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
If you are not allowed on any ride at any theme park, then you may be too short. :D :pROFL!!! Equal time for us shorties!!! Lol thanks for the chuckles Phoenix!!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 10:50 PM
had to edit it a bit though.