PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel health gym?

sandrajamrock
03-02-2005, 08:05 AM
For those who have stayed @ DLH , can anyone describe the gym to me , such as what type of machines they have , how big , clean , etc.? Or if anyone can find a picture of it...that would even be better ! thank you in advance ! :D

80S ERA
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
For those who have stayed @ DLH , can anyone describe the gym to me , such as what type of machines they have , how big , clean , etc.? Or if anyone can find a picture of it...that would even be better ! thank you in advance ! :D
It is called "Team Mickey's Workout" and is located by Papette Beach near the Pavillion area (Goofy's Kitchen). The workout room is pretty small, but has some universal-types of workout machines accompanied by a few treadmills and stairclimbers.

The DLR website shows a slideshow on the following page and one of the slides contain an image of Team Mickey's. It really doesn't show much of it, however.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/recreation/listing?name=DisneylandHotelRecreationListingPage

I'll try to see if I could take a picture during one of my breaks.

Lani
03-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I've worked out at the Disneyland Hotel "fitness center" before. I've also worked out at a LOT of hotel fitness centers, and I can tell you that the one at the Disneyland Hotel is mediocre at best (but in all honety, it's unimpressive). It's so small you will easily feel claustrophobic.

It's little more than a closet; don't expect to get a real workout done there.

If you want to get a run in, my suggestion is that you run around the perimeter of the Disneyland Resort property. I've laid out a basic route in one of my previous Trip Planner articles (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp020424.htm).

If you are enough of a gymrat/fitness nut that you are willing to make hotel reservations based on fitness centers, the one to stay at is the Grand Californian Hotel. They have a FULL-sized gym that is also full-service with a spa. Multiple cardio machines, weight machines and free weights. I could easily spend my mornings there.

80S ERA
03-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I've worked out at the Disneyland Hotel "fitness center" before. I've also worked out at a LOT of hotel fitness centers, and I can tell you that the one at the Disneyland Hotel is mediocre at best (but in all honety, it's unimpressive). It's so small you will easily feel claustrophobic.

It's little more than a closet; don't expect to get a real workout done there.

Although I agree with your take, I'd have to say it is still better than the workout closet in the PP hotel. You at least have windows looking out into the pool at the DLH Team Mickey's. At the PP, you are confined with one small door window looking out into a hallway. The GCH gym is on a totally different level.

btw - the best hotel gym in the Disneyland area is located in the basement level of the Hilton Anaheim at the Convention Center. They have a full gym with a basketball court.

If you are a 24hour fitness or LA fitness member, there are locations within a 5 minute drive. The is a 24 hour sport club on Orangewood and an LA Fitness at the block of orange.

Lani
03-02-2005, 09:19 AM
80s era, I'll go with what you say for the Paradise Pier Hotel because I've never worked out at their fitness center. :)

sandrajamrock
03-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanx to all of you ! But now its a toss up from DLH or GCH... DLH gym seems enough for me to get by , but GCH spounds like a dream !

Lani
03-02-2005, 09:45 AM
sandra -- a lot of it depends on your budget. If you end up at DLH, you can visit GCH. The fitness center is near White Water Snacks. You can drool (because I don't think they allow use by the other DL hotels).

sandrajamrock
03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I think I just might stick to the DLH afterall... thank you for your advice !

scaeagles
03-03-2005, 04:20 AM
If you are enough of a gymrat/fitness nut that you are willing to make hotel reservations based on fitness centers, the one to stay at is the Grand Californian Hotel. They have a FULL-sized gym that is also full-service with a spa. Multiple cardio machines, weight machines and free weights. I could easily spend my mornings there.

I have been surprisingly amazed at how empty that place always is. I hate to get out of my elliptical regimin, so I hit the GC fitness center every day on vacation and there is hardly anyone there ever. Been in the early mornings, mid morning, early afternoon, and there is never a crowd.

The GC fitness center is great - the DL one stinks.

80S ERA
03-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Been in the early mornings, mid morning, early afternoon, and there is never a crowd.

I was a regular in the Eureka gym and loved the exclusive feel, too. However, I did find the front window near the free weights a bit strange since the guests walking past always seem to stare at you -- sort of like I was in an aquarium.

Not that I mind people watching me workout.... ;)

bradk
03-03-2005, 07:08 AM
the guests walking past always seem to stare at you -- sort of like I was in an aquarium.

Not that I mind people watching me workout.... ;)

just as long as they don't tap on the glass.

ToursbabeC3po
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Why would anyone want to work out on Vacation? I don't know about all of you but the walking around the parks is enough exercise!
Toursbabe

dlandnut
03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
I walk everyday, at least 3 miles. However, I haven't put a whole lot of emphasis on walking while on vacation, because how much walking do I do between DL, CA, Downtown Disney, and the DH? TONS, lol!!! :)

sandrajamrock
03-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Because all of the YUMMY FOOD you end up eating there ! :D

scaeagles
03-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't get my heart rate up by walking - walking is good exercise, but the the key to good cardio is getting the heart rate up to a certain level, and I can't do that walking around the parks.

MsYumiBr
03-05-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't get my heart rate up by walking - walking is good exercise, but the the key to good cardio is getting the heart rate up to a certain level, and I can't do that walking around the parks.

Oh, I envy you! I've started taking the stairs at work (6 flights) just to be able to make it 4 days at DL!