PDA

View Full Version : Ridemax

kristen
03-01-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.ridemax.com/ those of you willing to spend a little extra money, just a little in comparison to what you get, but are crazy about getting on as many rides as possible...or just the rides you want...without crazy line...with this site you might just love your visits to dland even more...have fun,
ps: I found this by accident, and am in no way affiliated, so don't worry...im not some commisioned worker trying to abuse some system, justr thought you might want to take a look!! Enjoy!!

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:10 PM
This site is best for those Uber Organizers. But please, Free Spirits need not apply. ;)

kristen
03-01-2005, 11:12 PM
This site is best for those Uber Organizers. But please, Free Spirits need not apply. ;)

i agree, but i would use it if i have a few days and im with people who rarely get to go or live out of state....it's serves the purpose of the expenses at dlnd better for those who have limited time...i suggest one or two days exploring for every one day of ridemax...

Crazy4DL
03-02-2005, 07:42 AM
i agree, but i would use it if i have a few days and im with people who rarely get to go or live out of state....it's serves the purpose of the expenses at dlnd better for those who have limited time...i suggest one or two days exploring for every one day of ridemax...

I bought a one year subscription to Ridemax about a week ago to give it a try on our next trip to Disneyland in August. We have been to Disneyland before but we usually travel with a rather large group (16) of us (grammy and papa and our 3 grown children and spouses and little grandchildren and this time my 12 yr old nephew also!!) Anyway I really think some of the days using Ridemax might really help with this group so we have a plan and are not "gathering" around after each ride to figure out which one someone wants to do next. But I also agree with some of the days just being "free spirits" - we will have 6 days so should be able to try both ways. I'll let you know - way off in August though :(

rentayenta
03-02-2005, 09:03 AM
We used it for our trip this past Dec. and it was awesome. It will work for free spirits as well. I found that during the afternoons, it really didn't make too much of a difference but gave a great game plan for the morning. It allows you to schedule for parades and shows too. I will use it again for our trip this Dec. My motto: what's another $12 when I am already spending a lot of $ for a trip? It was nice to not have to figure out "what's next" but leaves room for flexibilty :)

Wendi
03-02-2005, 09:07 AM
I might use it for my 50th kickoff trip in May. I see that RideMax Mark is online right now... maybe he can answer this: Will the program be finetuned for a big celebration like May 5th and July 17th this year? I would like to make the most out of that trip, and I know it's going to be crowded, can RideMax predict the volume on days like that?

RideMax Mark
03-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Wendi,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with RideMax, but when it first launches you choose the specific date for which you wish to create an itinerary. This allows us to tailor the crowd and wait time estimates the plans are based on for any given date.

This isn't a totally exact science, but we hope we're at least making reasonable judgment calls for "special occasions" like this. So, for example, the data we'll use for May 5th itineraries will most likely be based on our expectation of "summer-like" crowds on that date. (Since there really isn't any precedent for a "50th anniversary kickoff celebration," we might guess wrong, but that's partly why we offer a money-back guarantee. I do expect we'll at least be in the ball-park, though. :-)

The other advantage to having our customers choose the exact date of their visit is that it allows us to adjust the wait time estimates for things like the Early Entry program, where on EE days lines already exist on some attractions right at opening time, but not so much so at opening time on non-EE days.

I hope this helps...

Crazy4DL
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
We used it for our trip this past Dec. and it was awesome. It will work for free spirits as well. I found that during the afternoons, it really didn't make too much of a difference but gave a great game plan for the morning. It allows you to schedule for parades and shows too. I will use it again for our trip this Dec. My motto: what's another $12 when I am already spending a lot of $ for a trip? It was nice to not have to figure out "what's next" but leaves room for flexibilty :)

Rentayenta,

Hey that is great to hear! The reviews I read for Ridemax sounded great but good to hear it from you. I love reading this board and after a while you start to get a feel for different posters and you seem like someone with some good old common sense :) We are so excited about our trip in August that I went ahead and bought the year subscription even though I can't really plan our exact days I can "play" with the software and make up pretend days! - ok so I already admitted I was c-Razey :D

bradk
03-02-2005, 09:59 AM
i've purchased a year's subscription as well because i couldn't wait to get my hands on it and my trip was more than 3 months away at the time. i've been playing with it semi-religiously just for the thrill, although now i'm getting a bit dismayed cuz the furthest it goes out right now is march 19 which is noticeably busier than it was back in february, so i'm getting mildly worried how it's gonna look for my trip in may, but i can still manage to schedule everything in DCA between 10 and 4:30 and spend the rest of the day at parades and leave me 2 full days at MK, so as long as it doesn't get worse, i'm happy :)

RideMax Mark
03-02-2005, 10:10 AM
bradk,

We're actually expecting the week of March 14-19th to be one of the busiest of the year (or at least for it to *feel* that way). With AZ on Spring Break and the park not opening until 9AM M-Th, it doesn't leave you with much of a chance to get a jump on the crowds, especially on EE days. That's the main reason things seem a lot "busier" in RideMax that week. By May things will have settled down quite a bit.

BTW, if you use RideMax *today* you'll see that we now go out through the end of March, and we've also added Buzz Lightyear to the mix from the 17th on. (Though obviously the Buzz data is just an educated "guesstimate" at this point. Rest assured I'll be on hand March 17th-19th gathering wait time statistics like crazy on that one!)

Mark

rentayenta
03-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Rentayenta,

Hey that is great to hear! The reviews I read for Ridemax sounded great but good to hear it from you. I love reading this board and after a while you start to get a feel for different posters and you seem like someone with some good old common sense :) We are so excited about our trip in August that I went ahead and bought the year subscription even though I can't really plan our exact days I can "play" with the software and make up pretend days! - ok so I already admitted I was c-Razey :D

Thank you! :) It really is worth the $19.95. Make sure when your trip comes closer that you do a couple itineraries for each day. I did 3 per day staggering the times that we would arrive at the park. It was nice to have a choice and not feel the need to get up early if we didn't want to- which of course we did, because who sleeps in at Disneyland? :D If you are going to park hop, have your 2nd park starting time be the time that you leave the first park. We did this on the day that we went to DCA because it closes earlier than Disneyland. Have fun!

bradk
03-02-2005, 10:29 AM
We're actually expecting the week of March 14-19th to be one of the busiest of the year (or at least for it to *feel* that way).

oh I know. I was just using it as a reference date because it was the closest I could get to my actual dates (may 22-24) but i know (and pray) that it won't be nearly like that come my trip. still, it has to make you tremble a little. what can i say, i have an irrational fear of disneyland being full.

but at least it all attests to the accuracy of ridemax as opposed to those itineraries in the unofficial guide. you can definitely see a difference in february over now simply by comparing the ride time:wait time ratios.

Crazy4DL
03-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you! :) It really is worth the $19.95. Make sure when your trip comes closer that you do a couple itineraries for each day. I did 3 per day staggering the times that we would arrive at the park. It was nice to have a choice and not feel the need to get up early if we didn't want to- which of course we did, because who sleeps in at Disneyland? :D If you are going to park hop, have your 2nd park starting time be the time that you leave the first park. We did this on the day that we went to DCA because it closes earlier than Disneyland. Have fun!

Thanks - good ideas - I will definitly do up several itineraries just in case - I'm with you - who wants to sleep when at Disneyland ??? :)

bradk
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
by the way, ridemax also suggests that you run the same itinerary through several times just to see if they turn out better. because of the possible number of combinations, the software doesn't try EVERY possible combination so each itinerary doesn't necessarily represent the best possible option. i'd run each itinerary through 5 times and pick the best one. then create additional ones, staggering the time (and doing multiple of each as well).

Crazy4DL
03-02-2005, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=bradk]by the way, ridemax also suggests that you run the same itinerary through several times just to see if they turn out better.

thanks bradk - I did read that on Ridemax but thanks for making sure I realized that.