PDA

View Full Version : What time of day

Disney Vault
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
What time do you like to exercise? I need to pick a time and then stick with it.

Mark Goldhaber
03-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I need to do it late at night, after my son goes to sleep. I've decided to make a concerted effort to go downstairs to the treadmill and walk during the late news. If I can avoid being wrapped up in something else at 11:00, I can make it an appointment to exercise. Here's hoping.

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
usually when I get home form work....unless I went to bed late the night before and I'm tired...which is often...or if i have to cook dinner...or if I have physical therapy that day...yep, I'm the queen of I can't exercise because excuses...seriously though...my goal is to excercise 5 days a week, but I do a solid 3 right now...which is what they say to start with...I'll probably get 4 in this week..:)...now If I could get my snacking under control I may see some results...dang those girl scouts and their cookies.....LOL

kadiehl
03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I am having a hard time getting myself into a routine but in the past I have found that if I do it first thing in the morning, I will do it for sure, but if I wait, the kids and hubby will distract me until it is too late to exercise at night :)

Bill Catherall
03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
The ideal time to do it is in the morning. It helps to boost your metabolism for the rest of the day. Afternoon is also good. Sometimes people feel sleepy in the afternoon and exercising can give your metabolism the extra boost it needs at that time.

Late evening isn't ideal because you go to bed right after and you prematurely shut down the metabolism you just kick started. However, some people find it helps them to sleep better and good rest is important to good health. So it can really depend on your goals. And hey, if the morning or afternoon aren't working for you, late night exercise is better than no exercise.

When I workout it's usually in the mornings. The downside is I'm not a morning person. It's also cold and dark most of the year. I would prefer afternoon, but that's just not possible with my schedule. Evenings are a no-go. Relaxing helps me sleep better.

Mark Goldhaber
03-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I am so not a morning person. It's a fight just to get everyone out of bed and ready to go in time to avoid any of us being late.

Since I'm a night person, if I do the treadmill from 11-11:30, I'll probably being catching up on work or the Pad for another hour or two anyway, giving me a little time to cool down and get sleepy.

kisroo
03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
If I don't do it in the morning (the earlier, the better), I have a hard time fitting it in AND having enough energy for my day.

So. I'm going off to bed~5:00am comes reeeeallllly early. ;)

Brat
03-02-2005, 09:29 PM
If I don't do it in the morning (the earlier, the better), I have a hard time fitting it in AND having enough energy for my day.

So. I'm going off to bed~5:00am comes reeeeallllly early. ;)
Ditto. I get to the gym by 6 so I can get to work by 8. My job is so eratic. Theoretically, I work 8-5, but I rarely get out of there before 7pm (10pm last night :eek: ). So if it's not early am, it doesn't happen.

CrazyTrain
03-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I go straight from work. If I don't, then I won't go at all.

MikeScopa
03-21-2005, 06:53 AM
I'm very much a morning person and do 95% of my running in the morning.

Presently I am out and running by 5:30. As we move into June I will move that back to 5 A.M.

Since the half-marathon is run at 6 A.M. I'll feel right at home.

CarlieB
03-21-2005, 03:40 PM
During the weeek it's after work, between 5:30 and 7pm. On the weekends it's usually mid-morning.

mckat
03-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Later, always later- that's my problem!! If I can struggle to start in the morning though- I do feel better for the day. Today I thought I'd do it in the afternoon- but I just don't think I'll make it. Tomorrow morning then (i.e. later :( )

TaylorM
04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
I like to workout in the morning - gives me more energy for the day and it's nice to have it over with . That said, sometimes it is sooooooooo hard to get up and make it happen, ya know?

nursemelis374
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
When I get home from work at 5, it gives me a lot of energy to get stuff done before going to sleep that night.