PDA

View Full Version : The Enchanted Tiki Room Sign

Disneyfreak
03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Here it is they just put it out: http://www.mousehub.com/pictorials/03012005/images/16.jpg

Andrew
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Thus putting to rest any rumors of the impending demise of Dole sponsorship.

Disneyfreak
03-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Why would dole want to get rid of their sponsor? They make a lot of money off of that juice bar and not to mention they are restoring the thing. It is not falling apart anymore so why would they want to pull their sponsorship, especially with the 50th coming?

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Bring on the Tiki Juice!!!! {Special Ed} Yyyyaaaa!

Disneyfreak
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Bring on the Tiki Juice!!!! {Special Ed} Yyyyaaaa!

I love the whips. I also think it will be interesting to see how the torches on the new sign will look. The sign should really make the show popular again since most tourists will just pass by not knowing what it is.

Deogge's Mom
03-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the picture the sign looks great. Dole whips in a little over a week. I'm so excited.

03-02-2005, 05:03 AM
It's so beautiful.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Ooooh. The paint's so fresh and clean. :)

Cancer Norm
03-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Why would dole want to get rid of their sponsor? They make a lot of money off of that juice bar and not to mention they are restoring the thing. It is not falling apart anymore so why would they want to pull their sponsorship, especially with the 50th coming?

The Dole Company pays hundreds of thousands of dollars in "sponsorship"
just to have their name up there. They don't sell enough "juice, whips, &
spears" to pay for that. ...It's not for profit, it's simply advertisment ...

The signage is nice looking, looking forward the seeing the show again.

TOTFan
03-02-2005, 07:47 AM
with the line as long as it is, i think they do make that money back. I've always waited 10 minutes or more for a dole whip. Now with the juice bar being bigger, Maybe they can accomodate an even larger crowd.

Alex S.
03-02-2005, 07:57 AM
That's assuming that Dole gets the money from the sales there.

TOTFan
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
well they are using dole products which I assume disney would have to buy.

Cancer Norm
03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
That's assuming that Dole gets the money from the sales there.

I think it's just all about advertising & getting your company name on a sign that thousands of potential customers in "Dole products. As far as I know Dole pays for all the refreshments sold at the counter and it's Disney employees who sell it.

disneyperson
03-02-2005, 09:15 AM
I don't care who gets the money, Dole whips in a week and a half! Yay!

Andrew
03-02-2005, 09:17 AM
If you like the Tiki Room sign, you'll love this link (http://www.pariarts.com/) from today's article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg050302pt.htm) here on MousePlanet.

sediment
03-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Here's the thing: when you go down your supermarket's canned fruit aisle, which brand are you likely to buy?
I say, if you like the Tiki Room sponsored by Dole, you might want to use the Dole products.
Now, anyone know about the pre-show's film? Have new prints been made? Last I heard, it was pretty bad, and Dole knew about it.

Dole wasn't too happy with the Tiki Room's dishevelment a few years ago when executives walked through it.

Disneyfreak
03-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Here's the thing: when you go down your supermarket's canned fruit aisle, which brand are you likely to buy?
I say, if you like the Tiki Room sponsored by Dole, you might want to use the Dole products.
Now, anyone know about the pre-show's film? Have new prints been made? Last I heard, it was pretty bad, and Dole knew about it.

Dole wasn't too happy with the Tiki Room's dishevelment a few years ago when executives walked through it.

Well they dont have an excuse anymore. It is in mint condition now.

bradk
03-02-2005, 09:54 AM

i buy what i know and i'm comfortable with. when it comes to canned pineapples, the only company i even know is dole and i doubt i've ever been to the tiki room once in my life.

i really doubt having your little name on a sign where a small percentage of the population will even have the chance to see it makes THAT big of a difference in the grand scheme of things. i'm sure it's more of a labor of love and perhaps a giant tax write-off than anything else. and i'm sure in return for dole's consideration, disney takes good care of the dole company execs and their families and that can't ever be a bad thing.

it's just a darn shame pepsi didn't assume coke's role, especially since IASW was built for them. believe me, i'm not buying coke even if their name is plastered all over disney.

bluepearl
03-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Very nice! I like how bright it is. Now if only they'd bring over the fabled strawberry Dole Whip this way...

DisneylandForever
03-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Very nice! I like how bright it is. Now if only they'd bring over the fabled strawberry Dole Whip this way...

Never heard of strawberry! But back in the day they did sell Orange whips. Not only in front of the Tiki Room, but on Main Street too! I miss those. :crying:

nursemelis374
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
We should all go to the Tiki Room after the awards ceremony on the date of Mouse Adventure. I might not be able to make it though, because I will be taking all my prizes to the car!

Cancer Norm
03-02-2005, 02:48 PM
i really doubt having your little name on a sign where a small percentage of the population will even have the chance to see it makes THAT big of a difference in the grand scheme of things

Having your "little" name on a sign where conservatively ten thousand people a day walk by is called advertising, to plant their brand
name into your mind and remember Dole the next time you go to the market.

i'm sure it's more of a labor of love and perhaps a giant tax write-off than anything else. and i'm sure in return for dole's consideration, disney takes good care of the dole company execs and their families and that can't ever be a bad thing.

Companies don't do "labors of love". They have stockholders to satisfy by making a profit. If something is not working, it will be dropped like a bad habit. And I'm sure it's some sort of "write off".

it's just a darn shame pepsi didn't assume coke's role, especially since IASW was built for them. believe me, i'm not buying coke even if their name is plastered all over disney.

If I'm not mistaken, "It's a Small World" was first and for many years sponsered by "Bank of America"......And Coke is better than Pepsi.

bradk
03-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Having your "little" name on a sign where conservatively ten thousand people a day walk by is called advertising
I don't think 10,000 a day on average seeing the name at DL is conservative at all. And a 30 second national commercial reaches a lot more people. i would argue its effectiveness at advertising at DL especially when most of those 10,000 have seen it over and over.

If I'm not mistaken, "It's a Small World" was first and for many years sponsered by "Bank of America"......And Coke is better than Pepsi.
well other than just being plain argumentative, IASW was developed for PepsiCo for the 1964 worlds fair. Great Moments and Carousel of Progress were also developed for the worlds fair for other companies. Without Pepsi, there may not be any POTC since it was the technology developed while making those attractions that made POTC into what it became.

GrumpyUTboi
03-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Dole had to pay royalties to DL to be in the park. Probably 20-30 percent. In other words if they sold one drink for $3 then $.90 went to DL, the food cost on the drink is probably 40% so $1.20 and the labor cost is probably 25% so $.75 Totaling this up they probably made 5-15 cents on every drink. Not very good or cost effective even if you have 10k walking by the stand on a given day. Doesn't seem like a great return on the investment.

Disneyfreak
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if they were to bring a full juice and fruit bar there. They could make custom smoothies and all kinds of stuff.