PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tower of Terror FastPass

Tricia92260
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
We were at DCA this past Sunday. I was excited to ride TOT because I have fond memories of it at WDW.
I got a FP to ride around maybe 1. I can't remember the exact time. I entered the FP line and ended up waiting over 30 minutes in line. It was over 30 but I don't think 40. I just thought it was a fluke but I felt bad because DH and kids were waiting for me since I didn't think it would take so long.

I got a FP later in the day to ride it again from 6:35 to 7:35. I was there just after 6:35 and once again, I waited just over 30 minutes.

Is this normal waiting with a FP? Or did I just get "lucky"? I was a single rider so I was lucky each time to ride front and on the aisle. Yahoo!! That was the best part. DH and kids wouldn't ride with me but that's their loss!

I am just curious if the wait time with a FP is normal. It was unlike any other FP wait time at either park so I was wondering if it's just that ride.

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 06:31 PM
yes, that is normal. Most of the line is inside of the building. The only time fast pass helps at TOT and indy for that matter is when the outside queue is filled up . :)

bradk
03-01-2005, 06:54 PM
that's what happens when everyone takes advantage of a free system :)

DisneyDustin22
03-01-2005, 07:01 PM
that's what happens when everyone takes advantage of a free system :)

here here!

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
yes, that is normal. Most of the line is inside of the building. The only time fast pass helps at TOT and indy for that matter is when the outside queue is filled up.This is a vital piece of information to newbie Fast Pass participants. Don't assume the FP will take you to the front of the line immediately.

HTHgal12
03-02-2005, 08:25 AM
This is why I dont really like fastpass. It also makes the line longer for everyone else not using it.

bradk
03-02-2005, 08:30 AM
i'm really surprised they just don't just turn it on at all the e tickets and start charging for it like six flags does or even what universal does. it can't possibly create any more animosity towards its users and it definitely would cut down the wait time for the users since an extraordinary amount of less people would use it. plus, more revenue for the park.