PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennel & hotels that take dogs?

Mickey7
03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I was just wondering has anyone used Disney's dog Kennel? What did you think of it and should I bring my anything such as my dog's toys, crate, etc.

The other question is what hotels around Disneyland except pets? If you stayed at the hotel that takes pets what did you think. Can you keep the pets in the room in their crate without you there or is it better to take them to Disney's kennel. Thanks for any information.

Darkbeer
03-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Red Roof Inns (and Motel 6) allows pets...

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/reservation_policies.asp#question16

Normally, the maid won't enter the room if a pet is present, so if you want maid service, you need to take him/her with you.

At Disneyland, the CM's will not touch your pet, you place him/her in the cage, you provide food and water, etc... And you should go and check up on him/her during the middle of the day, and maybe give them a walk. So no crate needed, but I would bring a toy or two...

nsyncitnd1787
03-01-2005, 07:32 PM
i suggest the Staybridge Suits by Holiday Inn. their rooms are soo nice. the maids only come on the weekend, but if you want them to come more, they can. the last time my family went, we had a 2 bedroom and it was soo nice. the deposit for a room (if your keeping your pets in there) is like $150. which isn't that bad actually. their phone #:(714)748-7700. it's about a mile away from Disneyland, but it is so much nicer than most of the hotels closer to the resort. they have a website w/ a whole bunch of info. it's on the Staybridge website, just go to Staybridge Suits (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/1/en/hd/laxad?irs=null) for more info. they have so many pictures of the rooms and grounds. we are going to stay there every time we go down to Disneyland (except when we stay on cite, of course).

that's what i'd do if i was bringing my pets. much less stressful for the animals to stay w/ you instead of a noisy unfarmiliar kennel. just my opinion... i think the animals have to be with someone at all times in the room though, so you'd have to move them to the Disneyland kennels when you head over.

nsyncitnd1787
03-04-2005, 08:11 PM
their phone #:(714)748-7700.

lease ignore the frown... it was suposed to be a collen and then a ( .

so it should look like: #(725) 748-7700

MsYumiBr
03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Does your pet want a vacation too? I suggest Animal Inns. The only problem is drop-off and pick-up times. Facilities are unbelievable, to a human anyway.

Baloo
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Does your pet want a vacation too? I suggest Animal Inns. The only problem is drop-off and pick-up times. Facilities are unbelievable, to a human anyway.

There are a couple of hotels around the resort that allow pets.

I have used a couple and both have been good. The one i enjoyed more was next to the convention hilton. It is the first hotel on the left on convention way.

you go north on harbor then turn right on convention way it is right in the corner and walking distance to the resort. there is no deposit required.

The kennel is great at disneyland. I suggest you take your dog a couple of toys and a blanket since the floor is concrete and could be a bit cold for aa dog to be on all day. You could walk the dog so no cage required. the kennel charges 10.00 dollars for the day.