PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hill, anyone know?

chazcrew
03-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know if Billy Hill will be performing in April, or is the show going to be on hiatus? The DLR calendar shows performances all through March, but nothing in April. Do they generally add more information as time goes on, or are we out of luck? I've been looking forward to seeing the show. It's bad enough there won't be fireworks, but don't take away my fiddlers! :crying:

kristen
03-01-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know, but i love that show too...i was at dland in feb and it was there...ill check it out in maybe two/three weeks and ask and let you know if you continue to remind me!!

Larilyn
03-02-2005, 08:00 AM
I can see if I can find anything out at City Hall when I go on Saturday. :)

chazcrew
03-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Thank you, thank you! I hope you can get some info on it!

Jeremiah
03-02-2005, 08:18 PM
They are going to shut down the Golden Horseshoe for a referb on April 1st, they have to adjust some lighting, reconfigure the seating, normal clean and paint. Then on May 5th they will have the "surprise" return of The Golden Horseshoe Revue as part of the 50th kick off. They have been casting for a while, listing it as part of the show casting . But on July 17th, as part of the opening day parade of guests, they are going to have a special show with the 3 original cast members (Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, and Betty Taylor) returning to do the show and pass the torch to the new cast. From what I have seen Wally has been around backstage off and on for the past few weeks helping out with the prep and rehersals.

J :~D

disneyscott
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Is the The Golden Horseshoe Revue that missed? I really like the Sunday cast (the ones with the CD) Billy show. I understand about past atractions comming back for the 50th, but I think the Billy show should stay.

Wendi
03-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Then on May 5th they will have the "surprise" return of The Golden Horseshoe Revue as part of the 50th kick off. They have been casting for a while, listing it as part of the show casting . But on July 17th, as part of the opening day parade of guests, they are going to have a special show with the 3 original cast members (Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, and Betty Taylor) returning to do the show and pass the torch to the new cast. From what I have seen Wally has been around backstage off and on for the past few weeks helping out with the prep and rehersals.

Are you kidding me??? OMG we saw this EVERY TIME we were in Disneyland when we were kids, I even got picked to go on stage a couple of times! I am thrilled that I'll be able to relive those moments again this year!!! Talk about nostalgia...

Gouru
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
They are going to shut down the Golden Horseshoe for a referb on April 1st, they have to adjust some lighting, reconfigure the seating, normal clean and paint. Then on May 5th they will have the "surprise" return of The Golden Horseshoe Revue as part of the 50th kick off. They have been casting for a while, listing it as part of the show casting . But on July 17th, as part of the opening day parade of guests, they are going to have a special show with the 3 original cast members (Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, and Betty Taylor) returning to do the show and pass the torch to the new cast. From what I have seen Wally has been around backstage off and on for the past few weeks helping out with the prep and rehersals.

July 17th???

Hmmmm, wonder if I can change my vacation dates.

chazcrew
03-03-2005, 03:55 PM

Oh no! It will be closed when we go! I'm bummed. But thanks for the information; I will have to redo my plans for lunch that day. Guess we'll have to go to a nice place to make up for it. ;) And then I'll have to convince dh to go again sooner rather than later, when the show is running again. :D