PDA

View Full Version : Does DLH have offer spa treatments?

jrsharp21
03-01-2005, 01:20 PM
My wife and I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel July 16-18th. She does not want to come with me into the park that weekend knowing how packed it is going to be. She gets really annoyed with people and especially when they move into her "personal space". So she wants to stay at the hotel and go for a spa day if they have a spa treatment there. Does anyone know if they do? If not, what hotels around the area do?

Mukta
03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I know that the Grand Californian has a spa. The Eureka Springs Health Club and Spa. I'm not sure if DLH has one.

tlovesdis
03-01-2005, 01:35 PM
The Grand Californian has a spa, but the Disneyland Hotel does not. They only offer massages though, no other kinds of spa treatments so she may want to check out big name hotels in the area.

CarlieB
03-01-2005, 02:07 PM
The GCH Spa looks nice, if a little pricey. I think there's a Burke Williams spa in one of the malls within driving distance too.:)

80S ERA
03-02-2005, 06:57 AM
So she wants to stay at the hotel and go for a spa day if they have a spa treatment there. Does anyone know if they do? If not, what hotels around the area do?
The Eureka Springs Spa in the Grand Californian is availlable to non-Grand Californian guests. However, I would not call it a "spa." It really is just 2 treatment rooms inside a nice, clean exercise gym. There is no relaxation lounge to wait for your appointment where you could drink teas like Burke Williams or any of the Ritz Carlton spas.

Burke Williams is located at the Block of Orange. The prices are about the same and it is only about 3-5 miles from the resort.

MsYumiBr
03-05-2005, 09:52 AM
The Eureka Springs Spa in the Grand Californian is availlable to non-Grand Californian guests. However, I would not call it a "spa." It really is just 2 treatment rooms inside a nice, clean exercise gym. There is no relaxation lounge to wait for your appointment where you could drink teas like Burke Williams or any of the Ritz Carlton spas.

Burke Williams is located at the Block of Orange. The prices are about the same and it is only about 3-5 miles from the resort.

Ooooh. Burke Williams is new. There hasn't been a decent day spa in OC since Ilona of Hungary closed. I know they have something called The Spa across the street from South Coast Plaza but I've never been there, and don't really plan to. But Burke Williams sounds great! Is the Ritz just another hotel spa? I go to the Del here in Coronado sometimes. It's just another hotel spa. I miss Ilona! Anyplace that uses Yonka products is great (I know it's French but it's fantastic). I enjoy Mirabella Monsori in Solana Beach. Small, but has the Napa Valley Spa appeal that I am used to. I've been to many times and LOVE Glen Ivy. Just don't put that mud stuff on. You'll be orange for days!

MsYumiBr
03-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh, and you can have a massage scheduled for your room at the resort too. Just call the hotel.

adriennek
03-05-2005, 10:11 AM
I've been to many times and LOVE Glen Ivy. Just don't put that mud stuff on. You'll be orange for days!

If you love Glen Ivy, try Burke Williams. It doesn't have the outdoor atmosphere that GI has but I have friends who think that the level of service and comfort at BW is much better. Disclaimer: This is based on comparing Glen Ivy in Corona to Burke Williams in Santa Monica.

Adrienne

TP2000
03-05-2005, 01:47 PM
I vote for Burke Williams at The Block as the best day spa near Disneyland. It's really fantastic, wonderful service, a HUGE facility that still maintains privacy for clients, and a very long list of treatments. They're very good at what they do. They are online, and The Block location is the largest and newest in SoCal for Burke Williams. It's sort of their flagship location, aside from Pasadena.

Of course the best day spa I've ever found in Orange County is the spa at The Montage Resort in south Laguna Beach. That place is magnificent! A beautiful hotel set on the cliffs above the ocean, and the large spa facilities have primo views and gorgeous, top-notch amenities. But it's a bit of a drive from Anaheim, probably 45 minutes total travel time. It's spendy too, but worth it. Again, they are online if you're so inclined.

What's really a shame is that the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort have completely missed the day spa craze of the last 5 years. For the prices charged and the level of service they pretend to provide to "Guests", the GCH should have a small yet comprehensive day spa, no questions asked.

The GCH uses personnel from Amadaeus Spa in Corona Del Mar (near Fashion Island) for their spa treatments in the health center. And that's another bone of contention as the one time I went to Amadeus for a spa package I was NOT impressed. Their service was amateurish and unpolished, yet served with a big dollop of needless attitude as if they were really great. I haven't experienced a treatment at the GCH by the Amadeus folks, but from my one experience at their main facility in Corona Del Mar I would be leery of what they could achieve in the little rooms next to the treadmills at the GCH health center.