PDA

View Full Version : Disney offices

meagee
03-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know where the main office of Disney is located? What is the difference between the Anaheim and Burbank offices?

Lani
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
The headquarters for the Walt Disney Company is located in Burbank. It oversees the entire company. Team Disney Anaheim (TDA), the corporate office for the Disneyland Resort, oversees the parks specifically.

meagee
03-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Ah, thanks. I have been checking the job site for Disney. I am a secretary and have been checking out the jobs in Anaheim and Burbank. While I know that the park jobs do not pay very well, does anyone know about the corporate offices?

julia
03-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I know several people who work in the offices in Anaheim. They are business professionals - from secretaries to administrative assistants to inside sales reps - most of them have been there for several years and I think the pay is fairly similar to other large corporate offices.

Best,
Julia

bluepearl
03-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Isn't WDI in Glendale?

There's also offices in North Hollywood (the Internet Group and some Parks and Resorts offices). DisneyCareers.com lists the California locations available for positions.

I met a really great lady in HR at TDA who gave me tips on how to get a position there. It's always interesting to hear how people got started with the company.

ToursbabeC3po
03-01-2005, 02:02 PM
It is not hard to get a Job with Disney. Last time I looked in on an interview they were checking to see who had a pulse.
Just remember to be positive during your interview. Even if they ask you about negative situations turn them around and make a positive reply!
Toursbabe

itig
03-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Isn't WDI in Glendale?

There's also offices in North Hollywood (the Internet Group and some Parks and Resorts offices).

How is North Hollywood from a living standpoint? I'm not really familiar with it and am somewhat curious. Have always wanted to work for Disney, but not overly thrilled with the LA area (no offense to anyone...it's just too 'big city' for me).

ToursbabeC3po
03-01-2005, 04:24 PM
itig love your Picture! North Hollywood is not a place I would want to live. There are some nice areas of Hollywood the problem is you drive down the street a mile and it is getto!
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Toursbabe

itig
03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
itig love your Picture! North Hollywood is not a place I would want to live. There are some nice areas of Hollywood the problem is you drive down the street a mile and it is getto!
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Toursbabe

thanks...and thanks! Looks like I'll just have to continue spending money there instead of making it.

cstephens
03-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Ah, thanks. I have been checking the job site for Disney. I am a secretary and have been checking out the jobs in Anaheim and Burbank. While I know that the park jobs do not pay very well, does anyone know about the corporate offices?

I remember hearing lots that administrative jobs at Disney in Glendale don't pay very well, and there are many difficulties that arise as well. That was from a number of years ago, so I don't know if that's still true. From everything I heard about the place, it's not somewhere I'd choose to work unless it was in very specific departments, in very specific jobs.

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 07:52 PM
from what I've heard disney treats their employees pretty bad...

bluepearl
03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
How is North Hollywood from a living standpoint? I'm not really familiar with it and am somewhat curious. Have always wanted to work for Disney, but not overly thrilled with the LA area (no offense to anyone...it's just too 'big city' for me).
I've grown up in the Valley my entire life and I hear people complain about L.A. all the time. I totally understand why people might not like it; but I feel like I'm easily adaptable to any area after living here! And if you want to know where to shop, I'm your girl (true Valley girl at heart). :D

Anyway, I don't know EXACTLY what area the NoHo offices are, but it's not quite my favorite place. If it's near the Studio City area, where Universal Studios is, I like it there. My mom and I lived in North Hollywood for several years and it was a quiet neighborhood then, though it was almost 20 years ago. I imagine you wouldn't need to live in an area like Hollywood or anywhere near Los Angeles the city. The Valley has its nice spots. But rent in a decent area can be pretty high, as is the standard in Southern California.

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:15 PM
For those who may have remembered last year around Oct/Nov I was applying for a job at a "major studio" in L.A. Well, it was for Disney's cable networks group (the division that owns and operates all their cable television stations). It's located in a high rise building in Burbank about two miles away from the Disney Studios and Animation building. I had gone through the interviews and what not, but did not get the job. The area is liveable, but very expensive!!

bradk
03-01-2005, 11:45 PM
disney is notoriously cheap, BUT the benefits are nice. for example, as far as i know, every disney employee (which includes companies that disney owns) is able to book through dtc at a 50% discount. that was told to me by someone who worked for one of their publishing companies. she was miserable working there for whatever reason, but she was also a bit of a miserable person if you ask me (no, i'm not jaded. ok, maybe a little).

marktips
03-02-2005, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=bradk]disney is notoriously cheap, BUT the benefits are nice. for example, as far as i know, every disney employee (which includes companies that disney owns) is able to book through dtc at a 50% discount. QUOTE]

That used to be true. Now it's 20-50% depending on availability.

bluepearl
03-02-2005, 07:54 AM
disney is notoriously cheap, BUT the benefits are nice.
I don't know how Corporate benefits are (i.e., medical, dental, vision), but I'm amazed at the benefits that are offered to their Resort Cast Members, considering the amount of folks who qualify. I didn't have enough time to take advantage of it, but I've talked to friends who've switched jobs and said that Disney had the best insurance they've had so far.

I've been looking at positions in the corporate offices at Florida, but wonder how seriously they'd take me, seeing as I'm currently living in California.

bradk
03-02-2005, 08:09 AM
only regular and cr-25 cm's get benefits (according to MP), and it does help that they're unionized.

most office jobs aren't unionized, but i'm sure disney is at least comparable if not better in those areas than other organizations.