PDA

View Full Version : Hey... (Totem Pole on Jungle Cruise)

MOUSELUVR
03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
What happened to the totem pole on the jungle cruise?? We were there for the last four days (haven't been since last summer) and noticed it's gone. The rhino is still there with the pants on his head, but the pole with all the guys on it...gone When and where did it go??

tod
03-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Don't know for sure, but I'll guess it's being rehabbed. It was looking kinda worn last time I saw it.

--t

rentayenta
03-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Maybe those guys did all get it in the end...tee hee :p

It was there in late December.

Mukta
03-01-2005, 10:01 AM
The baboons are gone also. I had the funniest skipper make jokes about all of the missing stuff. I think they are just refurbing it.

MOUSELUVR
03-01-2005, 10:06 AM
I guess its better to do it that way than to have ANOTHER ride closed...

bradk
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
invisible monkeys?

TikiGeek
03-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Maybe the totem pole's civil rights were violated :rolleyes:

CoasterChickie
03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Maybe they're going to put men and women on a new one...kind of an equal opportunity thing!

AaronInCal
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Actually, the Jungle Cruise is now closed until May 4 (reopens for the big Media Day) for a major rehab. Looks like they wanted to get an early start on a few things, like the "totem pole" guys and a few other animals and took them out before the ride actually closed. Apparently the major part of this rehab is they are going to really clean up the jungle and add plants that are more specific to the area you are supposed to be traveling through. This is from info others have reported in various sites on the internet.. Hope this helps explain what was going on and is going on now. :)

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Maybe those guys did all get it in the end...tee hee :p

:D :D :D
ha ha

disneyperson
03-01-2005, 02:02 PM
They are probably painting the totem pole gold.

justlittleoldme
03-01-2005, 02:09 PM
I think Bob should be gold.

disneyperson
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I think Bob should be gold.

hee hee. Some skippers call him Bob, other's call him Billy, as in "That's Billy, he's ,my idol." I think he would just grand all painted gold. (kidding)
They should just go all out and paint one out of every group of animals gold. How about a gold tinted "backside of water?"

kristen
03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
hee hee. Some skippers call him Bob, other's call him Billy, as in "That's Billy, he's ,my idol." I think he would just grand all painted gold. (kidding)
They should just go all out and paint one out of every group of animals gold. How about a gold tinted "backside of water?"

Billy's my idol, too...and dang, i love the backside of water, it's soooo cool...and hehe, gold animals, people would say, "hey, that looks like animals are being used in some form of decoration! Ergo, my emotional side and my interior decortating side are at odds and I must change this current status with combative words and harmful and semi-pointless lawsuits!!! ARG!! ooooh, Pirates...hold that thought..."

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Didn't notice the pole was gone until our second trip of the day on the jungle cruise. Took a peek through a hole in the construction wall this morning, all the water is drained out and the work is all ready beginning.

Other than the plants, does anyone have a clue if the JC is going to be changed at all?

Disneyfreak
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Didn't notice the pole was gone until our second trip of the day on the jungle cruise. Took a peek through a hole in the construction wall this morning, all the water is drained out and the work is all ready beginning.

Other than the plants, does anyone have a clue if the JC is going to be changed at all?

I hope it gets updated with new technology to get some wow faces on the people instead of a what the heck was that look. :~D

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Don't you guys know the Totem Pole Guys went on strike. Read the union newspapers people!