PDA

View Full Version : After a trip to Disneyland--How Long?

dalhar35
03-01-2005, 04:01 AM
I am sitting in front of the computer at 04:50 in the morning after waking up from a night full of Disney dreams. Seriously, my whole night it seemed I dreamed about different parts of Disneyland. We got back on the 26th from a 7 day trip to Disneyland.

My Question is: How long does it take most of you to return to reality after a Disneyland trip?

I live near Eureka in Northern CA and the last time we went was in 01 just before DCA opened, so maybe its different for those of you who go more often.
It will be interesting to see how everyone responds. I know I am at 4 days and still not fully back to reality. Hopefully I'll never go all the way back. :)

pokeypoke
03-01-2005, 05:50 AM
I live in Phoenix and when we go, I usually plan a trip for 2 to 5 days. On average, we go about 2 or 3 times a year. As soon as I return home from a trip from DLR, I am already thinking out and planning my next visit. Although I have Disneyland moments that come and go, I don't think I ever fully come back to reality (unless of coarse, I have to conduct myself in a serious manner).

Pokey :)

rentayenta
03-01-2005, 06:01 AM
The answer is never :D Like Pokey said, as soon as we return from one trip, I am planning the next.

After our trip this past Christmas, I started to plan the one for Christmas this year. Then this little March trip came up, and who am I to say no? ;)

We live in Utah and try to take the kids 2x a year.

My kids are off track near the end of May so I am debating driving us out, staying with a friend (not on property), and not making DH join us...shhhh, it's a secret for now :~D

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 06:02 AM
About [---------------------- THIS ------------------------] long!

Susan L
03-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm the same way, and I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who dreams of Disneyland. My family of course thinks that I am completely loopy. They usually don't start thinking about going to DL until about a week before we go.

I start planning our next trips during the last day of a trip. Then on the way home I'm making a list of all the things we didn't do and put those things on the list for the next time we go.

We also live in Northern California and we try to go every 18 months or so. I wish we could go more.

JosieGirl71
03-01-2005, 08:43 AM
I never quit thinking about DL and with a message board like this one, I can "talk" to people who feel the same way about DL. Everyone in my family thinks I am nuts and too obsessed. They are half right! :D

meagee
03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Like JoseGirl, I too never stop thinking about Disneyland. I would go every weekend if I had the chance. And with this board, Disney is always on my mind.

tod
03-01-2005, 09:20 AM
My Question is: How long does it take most of you to return to reality after a Disneyland trip?

I first went to Disneyland in 1955 when I was 3. One of my first memories is walking down Main Street with my Davy Crockett sweatshirt like I owned the world. My family lived a few miles away in Whittier, and my mother used to take my little brother and me there in the afternoons. It cost her a buck, we were free. One day we wanted to ride the Rocket Jets: My mother and brother got in one jet, but it was too small for three and I was too small to ride alone -- so the Cast Member jumped in and rode with me!

I went there regularly as a kid and as a teenager. (Like most Southern Californians, I grew up at Disneyland.) Grad night. Went there on dates. Got one of the first Annual Passports, when they cost $50 and they didn't advertise them, you just had to know. Went there with The Lovely Mrs. tod after we got married. Now, we take our kids.

To answer your question -- 50 years, so far.

--t

MrsPooh
03-01-2005, 09:53 AM
As soon as I step in the door at work, BAM! A big dose of reality! No more fantasy world! LOL!

Seriously, we are always planning our next trip in our minds before the last one is finished. Wish we could make it there more than once a year!

You AP holders are lucky! ;)

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-01-2005, 10:01 AM
We go once a year and as soon as we get back i plan our next trip for the following year......thanks to this message board and all of the wonderful trip reports, i can feel like i'm a part of disneyland everyday....

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 11:20 AM
my last trip was 20 months ago and I'm not back to reality yet. I have been planning the next trip since November (we go in July) but started thinking and planning while on the last trip.

I never stop thinking Disney...I eat Disney (made a monte Cristo last week), I hear Disney (I play the kids CD's all the time), I read Disney, I talk Disney....I think I'm obsessed with Disney....my family just smiles and goes along with it (actualy my 5 yr old is almost as obsessed as his mommy)

to answer your quesion, Never...I refuse to come back to reality :p :D

Gramiangel420
03-01-2005, 11:21 AM
I agree with you Hawaiian Cinderella! We go about once a year, but this board helps me feel part of Disneyland everyday. :D

disneyperson
03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Never. I just look forward to the next one.

slydini
03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I live so close there isn't much lag time between trips.

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 06:02 PM
by the time I get to the car....then I need a few months to venture back...LOL

itig
03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
We live in Northern California as well and usually go at least once a year. Our favorite time is around Christmas as the "magic-meter" at the park is pretty much spiking. One of the best parts of visiting for me is when we close down the park and slowly stroll down main street at the end of evening. I love looking at all the lights and shops and don't want to leave. Our next trip is planned for Dec '05, but I don't know if I can wait that long :) Reality check? Going back to work...but I usually sneak a few minutes on these boards to keep a good Work/Disney balance in my life.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
The reason I am here is because I never stop thinking about DL. I am with those that immediately start planning the next trip when they get back, if not sooner. I have 2 trips planned for this year. I am a Disneyland dork. I get my AP out of my wallet some times, just to look at it.

uvsc_wolverine
03-01-2005, 10:57 PM
I get on this board so I don't have to stop thinking about DL. My last trip was in October last year, and I've got another planned for this coming October. My friends think it's a little strange, though. I live in Utah (like renta), but I'm here going to school. I'm 23 and I'm a junior at Utah Valley State College. I'm a poor college student who has a yearly trip to Disneyland as part of his annual budget. It helps that I'm not married, though. I only have to support myself. I've figured out my trip in October will cost me about $200 (per person, I've got a friend coming with me who has NEVER BEEN TO DL!) for my 3-day park hopper and the hotel stay (I found a really good rate!), plus the cost of gas to drive down, food, and souvenirs. I've been planning this trip since November (and, yes, I was annoyed when I wasn't able to check rates for October of this year until the beginning of January). Everyone thinks I'm kinda strange, but I just can't stay away from DL!

dalhar35
03-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Its the next morning and last night was once again filled with Disney dreams. I'm not complaining though-except for the part when I tried to stay in the park all night by hiding under the little train(choo-choo something) and security was trying to get me out by poking long sticks at me. I am still under a heavy fantasy cloud and the only bad part is i have so many honeydo's and I spend most of my time online planning for the next trip. Oh well-nice weather today and I better do something or the couch will be my friend tonight. As our Governor is fond of saying....I'll be back!!! :D

Terri
03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
never...
I love Disneyland - it's a part of my very existence - probably because of growing up there, working there, watching my family grow old there...so much of my history can be found in photos and memories surrounding the park. When I speak of some of my favorite times, they will always include some talk of the the park.
It's the only thing I miss about So Cal...Disneyland. :crying: