PDA

View Full Version : March accountability...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Brat
02-28-2005, 09:36 PM
It's almost March right???
Anyway, I couldn't wait! I am so excited. I did my weigh in & measure up this evening and just had to share:

I have lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. But what I found even more thrilling was the measurements, so here goes:

Waist: on Feb 13, 37" - today, 35" - lost 2 inches! :D
Hips: Feb 13, 43" - today, 40 1/2" - lost 2 1/2 inches!! :D
Thighs: Feb 13, 25" - today 23" - lost 2 inches!!! :D
Arms: Feb 13, 13" - today, 12" - lost an inch! :D

03-01-2005, 04:45 AM
You go, Brat!

yellowrosedtxn
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
CONGRATS!!!!! Keep up the good work. And I am going to ask, how are you doing it?

rentayenta
03-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Excellent Brat! And yes, it's March ;)

I have been eating well but not exercising like I know I should be :(

I like WW Core Plan but leaves a more flexibility than I'd like......I need stricter guidelines.

I know the Original WW Points plan works but, after doing it and re-doing, I am burnt out on it....

03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Just finished a killer session on the elliptical. I've got "Up Close and Personal" in the DVD player. Man, that's a bad movie.

kadiehl
03-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I am down a few pounds now, but lets just say it does not come off of where it should...I lose it in all the wrong places first :rolleyes: First off the upper body, then the lower body. So here's to being flat chested again ;) :)

Sorry to all you guys out there for that last remark..LOL :D

kisroo
03-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Excellent Brat! And yes, it's March ;)

I have been eating well but not exercising like I know I should be :(

I like WW Core Plan but leaves a more flexibility than I'd like......I need stricter guidelines.

I know the Original WW Points plan works but, after doing it and re-doing, I am burnt out on it....

Renta~I found that the Core Plan didn't give me enough structure either. I stopped it after about a month.

I know that the Points plan can get tedious. Hang in there! And, give yourself a break now and then (like, say, at DLR!!!). I usually "count" during the week and let it get a bit looser on Sat. No counting at ALL on Sundays. ;)

WAY to go Brat and 3894!!!

Happy Irish month everyone!
~kisroo:)

Brat
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
CONGRATS!!!!! Keep up the good work. And I am going to ask, how are you doing it?
THANK YOU!!!

I've changed a few things in my life. I still eat the same kinds of food, but now I eat way less than I ever used to. For the last few years, I've been eating as much as my husband, who is a good foot taller than me. Now, I use a small bowl or plate, usually the kids' Mickey plate ;), to serve my food. I don't get seconds, and If I'm still hungry after I eat, I have a glass of milk. It helps me feel full.

And I've been exercising. I'm up to 3 times a week at the gym. I park at the end of the parking lot. I take the stairs, walk the long way through the mall... things like that.

I knew that I had to incoroprate things in my life that would be easy to do. Honestly, what I thought would be the hardest to do was eating less. But without having to cut out the things that I love it is a lot easier. I keep a picture of me when I was a size 1 in my purse. When I need inspiration or strength, I look at it and know that I can do this.

disney jones
03-03-2005, 09:03 AM
after all this walking in the Holy Land, i'd better have lost some weight off my gut. On the plus side, besides walking, i've been eating healthy and only have had ice cream just once. :)

On the downer side, one word - buffets. :(

TrekkieDad
03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
The weather's been good. I've been riding every day this week--mostly to work and back. Today I had to have the car, so I put in 16 miles after work in less than 55 minutes.

Forecast for the weekend looks good.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
03-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I know I was hardly here at all in February, crazy month. Anyway, I just got back from weigh-in, another 1.6 down this week, that's a total of 6.4 since I went back. tod (I will post this here because he'll never read this thread) is starting to get textbook weird however, he got really ticked because I didn't eat mac and cheese last night. Okay, I MADE the mac and cheese, so I knew that 1) I didn't make it points friendly and 2) I don't need the extra cholesterol right now. :eek:

I tried Core, can't do it. Portion control is my weakness, I've got to count the points. Although I don't add in the flex points...I kind of keep them in the bank to account for the mindless nibbles and occasional cracker I forget and that's working for me.

Okay, no more venting. Sorry.

Back on track.

I'm wondering how many AP's I can earn at MA next Sunday???? :fez: :fez:

-TLMt

stan4d_steph
03-05-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm wondering how many AP's I can earn at MA next Sunday???? :fez: :fez:Me too! :) Congrats on the loss! I'm doing pretty well after my 2 weeks on vacation. It's almost impossible to count points when you're eating out, so I didn't even try. I'm back at my 10% goal weight this week.

I don't think I could do Core either, especially since I don't cook a lot.

rentayenta
03-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Core is too hard for me too :( I have been a bad little WW and have no plans to get with the program until after MA weekend :D

Congrats on the losses TLMt and Steph!

TrekkieDad
03-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Time to bore you all with today' s mileage. Just short of 50 in just under 3.5 hours of rolling time. It was a beautiful day: shorts and knee warmers with a long sleeve jersey. I broke off with three others and we rode from Ione through Sutter Creek to Volcano, up Ram's Horn Grade to Daffodil Hill, then down Shake Ridge (45.7 mph max) to Sutter Creek and back to Ione. (Sounds idyllic, doesn't it?)

I'm not sure which ride to do tomorrow--Ione to Plymouth for coffee or the monthly Knights Ferry pancake breakfast ride? :)

AnnaBanana
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
The low-carb diet has begun again. :( It's the only diet I have been able to stick to and have success. Hello boring meals...thank goodness I didn't buy any girl scout cookies.

About to get on the treadmill. I've been doing 3.5 mph at an incline of 1.5 for 30 minutes. I'm trying to work my way up to an hour every day, but so far have only had time for less. I figure my walking around campus everyday counts a little, right? I've also started pilates again. Ugh! So painful right now!

TrekkieDad
03-06-2005, 12:52 PM
The low-carb diet has begun again. :( It's the only diet I have been able to stick to and have success. Hello boring meals...thank goodness I didn't buy any girl scout cookies.

About to get on the treadmill. I've been doing 3.5 mph at an incline of 1.5 for 30 minutes. I'm trying to work my way up to an hour every day, but so far have only had time for less. I figure my walking around campus everyday counts a little, right? I've also started pilates again. Ugh! So painful right now!
I'm not a fan of "low-carb" diets for two reasons. First, they tend to be high in fat--especially saturated fat--not a good thing for people watching cholesterol. Second, if you are an athlete, your muscles need the energy stores that carbohydrates provide. Not enough carbs and you seriously bonk.

That being said, it's still a good idea to cut back on carbs that don't provide any other nutrients or fiber--stuff like soda and sweets.

If your low-carb diet is not harming your cholesterol levels, and you're not feeling tired all the time, you'll probably do ok. If you tire easily while exercising, you probably need to increase your carb intake.

Bottom line: if you are not enjoying the exercise and diet plan, you won't stick with it. Bottom line two: To lose weight, you need to burn more Calories than you eat, no matter what diet you are on.

TrekkieDad
03-06-2005, 01:01 PM
40 miles today. I ended up doing the breakfast ride, though I took the long way (24 miles) and got there about the same time as the first-timers and "B" riders, who had about half the distance to cover. My route was less hilly, and I had no one to stop and wait for. I covered the distance in just under 90 minutes. On the way back, I'd stop and wait for the others to pass and then catch them later. At the end of the ride, I rode back a couple of miles to bring in the last rider. Just over a mile from the end she cramped up, so we had her husband (who had finished first) drive back and pick her up.

Disney Vault
03-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Great job you guys. My story is a little different because I am not trying to lose weight. I actually want to gain some weight, but just muscle not fat. And I just started exercising again last week. I stopped as soon as summer ended and now I started again because summer will be here again soon enough.

kadiehl
03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I am down another solid pound...YEAH! I say solid because I have not fluctuated at all from that point. Now that I am doing Taebo everyday and doing DDR with my son at nights, I am sure I will lose it faster. I am trying to not lose more than 2 pounds a week because I know if I do this slowly, it will stay off.

kisroo
03-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Did WI this weekend and am holding steady just 3 lbs away from my original goal weight. Ugh. Too much chocolate, not enough veggies.

Back to the green foods for me!
Great job everyone and Trekkiedad~it just wouldn't be the same without your ride updates!!! Keep 'em coming!
~kisroo:)

kadiehl
03-08-2005, 07:11 AM
I am finally on a roll now...4 days of doing Taebo now and yes, I am sore, but feeling better mentally and physically. I will not weigh myself for a few more days as I am trying not to obsess about that. I am trying to go by weight and clothing sizes. I have 55 pounds to lose now but I am heading in the right direction. It is just hard somedays.

SCUBAbe
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I have been doing my firm workouts for 3 weeks now. The first week didn't really count, because I was not watching what I ate. The last two weeks I have been working out 5 to 6 days a week and really watching what I eat. Alot of fruits and veggies, chicken breast. I also drink lots of water....anyway...I have not really noticed a difference. My pants are still on the tight side. I'm trying not to get discouraged but COME ON!!! There's in one difference...my legs, chest and back hurt ...LOL

kadiehl
03-09-2005, 08:29 AM
I lose all my weight off the top half first so seeing noticable differences is hard at first...I too am very sore, LOL! I could not get up to exercise this morning. My son and I got going on the DDR Dance game on our play station and we did it for 5 hours :eek: So that was an amazing workout actually. I do not think I sweat that much even doing Taebo (gross, I know ;) ) but my legs are killing me today....just proves you can get exercise playing video games :D So after my hour of Taebo yesterday and 5 hours of DDR, I am feeling it today. I think if I can squeeze it in tonight, I will try to do the Abs Bootcamp video since it is only a half hour but the first thing my son said to me this morning was "Can We Dance when we get home tonight?" So I may be doing that too but like I said it is great exercise...I am now past the beginner phase of the game and onto the "light" level of the game. That will take me some time to master.

So since everything is achy today- I may just try to do a 1/2 hour workout. After 4 days, I deserve a break, don't I? :) If I could do 5 hours of that dancing game everynight, I would lose the weight in no time at all :)

03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Wow, kadiehl. Very, very inspiring!

kadiehl
03-09-2005, 10:16 AM
No, it is called obsession, LOL, to unlock more songs and characters in this game which can only be done by dancing...which led to 5 hours, many songs and I think 4 or 5 characters. I am sure I will be suckered into that tonight instead of my Taebo Abs workout I SHOULD be doing ;)