PDA

View Full Version : Video of Astro Blasters

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20050228&page=1

Mouseinfo has a review and videos of the entire ride up on their website now. It looks like so much fun!

bassett1976
02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
WOW! That looks so awesome! Sometimes I hate being a responsable adult. I just want to run down to DL and play all day!

I enjoyed the two places that the ride stopped. The claw and the LGM taking Zurg back to the Toy Barn was a great touch...

I can't wait till my wife and I can make it down.

Thanks for sharing Disneys Biggest Fan!

bradk
02-28-2005, 08:10 PM
the claw.. it moves!

Captain Josh
02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Shocked, Stunned, Amazed. Wow...and the guns, they are not mounted!

SCUBAbe
02-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I shouldn't have watched the videos. I was excited until I saw it. Maybe riding it is better than it looked...:)

Dream Again
02-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Cool! It looks like lots-o-fun!

Disney Vault
02-28-2005, 09:04 PM
I shouldn't have watched the videos. I was excited until I saw it. Maybe riding it is better than it looked...:)
What parts didn't you like about it? And I was just wondering if you have ever been on the one at WDW or if this is a completly new ride for you.

Ace
02-28-2005, 09:55 PM

I've never seen a worthwhile on-ride video; they're all totally underwhelming and I've given up on watching them unless it's a yesterland ride like peoplemover or rocketrods.

I would go on it before you pass judgment but I'm sure you already plan to ;)

Disneyfreak
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Yeah I wasn't very impressed either. The only thing I give credit for is actually using animatronics this time instead of going the cheap route. Me personally it was just like the end of pooh but throughout the whole attraction. I do realize though that it is way better then what the other parks have. Me personally I hate bright colors like that and it was like a nightmare to me. I also give credit for making this attraction one of the best we have had since Indy but that is kinda bad since it has been 10 years.

pokeypoke
03-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Boy, some people just aren't easy to please! I thought it was a wonderful addition to TL and this version is a lot better than WDW's

Pokey :)

ActionMarco
03-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Wow awesome. Ive been on the WDW version and cant wait to try it out. I agree that it is a nice additon to TL. It really needed it.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow....thanks for sharing...can't wait to see if we can get on when we're there on March 18...i wonder how long the wait will be?!?!?!?!

figmentspark
03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Cool. Thanks for posting the video. Looks like a lot of fun!

marktips
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Okay - ya'll are getting a much nicer version of the ride than we have at WDW!

So, no more being upset about a "clone" cuz yours is definately nicer.

TP2000
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
This version looks clearly superior to the WDW version. That said, I LOVED the WDW version when I first stumbled upon it in late 1999.

But this new Disneyland version of Buzz looks to be a real cut above the Florida ride. It looks fantastic really, and lot's of fun! Bravo Disneyland!

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 05:52 PM
What parts didn't you like about it? And I was just wondering if you have ever been on the one at WDW or if this is a completly new ride for you.

I have never been on the ride before, but I was expecting somehting more modern. It appears to be a 1950 style darkride that we can shoot at. I know the keeping score is modern...somewhat, but I thought the vechicles might go faster or they could be spun to shoot at things. It just didn't look that impressive, but I will ride it. It could be great and fun!! (also, the movements of the things inside looks slow and rough...like what they did in the 1950's...the buzz in the queue and ride was cool, but everything else was blah.....I will give it a chance though and try and go with an open mind....:))

Disney Vault
03-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Every vehicle actually has a joystick so you can spin it to shoot at things. And if things moved too fast then it would be impossible to shoot them. But I can understand how someone could be dissapointed because this ride has been hyped up so much.

SCUBAbe
03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Every vehicle actually has a joystick so you can spin it to shoot at things. And if things moved too fast then it would be impossible to shoot them. But I can understand how someone could be dissapointed because this ride has been hyped up so much.
it's good to know they do spin. It looked like they were just going slowly through the ride...:)

Disney Vault
03-01-2005, 07:31 PM
it's good to know they do spin. It looked like they were just going slowly through the ride...:)
The person doing the video probably just wanted to make the video clear instead of blured and spinning :p

Disneyfreak
03-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I am disappointed really because we need a Indy type quality ride for tomorrowland and that is definately far behind in that matter. I know it wasn't meant to be a E-ticket type attraction but come on, I would of hoped for a E-ticket attraction in the lineup for the 50th anniversary besides a revamped E-ticket. I do give Matt props for making this way better then WDW's though instead of a newer cheaper version like TOT.

pokeypoke
03-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say that it is not an E-Ticket attraction just because it doesn't move fast. It is a ride-thru state-of-the-art shooting gallery. In my opinion, it certainly does desreve the status of an E-Ticket because of the quality of the show and elements. It is extremely popular at WDW, especially for kids, teens and young adults. It is not going to appeal to every single person. It is just like IASW. It has an E-Ticket status but not everyone screams "Lets do it again and again".

Pokey

itig
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I want to watch the video...I don't want to watch the video, but I want to watch the video and I don't want to watch the video. I don't want to ruin the fun of actually experiencing the ride...I'm not going to watch the video...but I'll read your comments about watching the video...

pokeypoke
03-01-2005, 08:42 PM
itig, I have an idea. Why don't you watch the video?!

Pokey

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
I can see where my son will want to get his souvenier, "Store Command."

I am chosing not to watch the video, just look at the pictures and read about the ride.

I can't wait to take both my boys on it!

Disney Vault
03-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I probably wouldn't have watched the video normally either but I don't even know when my next trip will be so I couldn't wait that long :D