PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at Newport Coast Villas and driven to DL?

disneydenisel
02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Hello, I'm trying to plan a trip to DL but not sure if we can afford to stay onsite. Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas (16 miles away) and driven to DL? Just curious how the drive was and whether all the magic was taken away by being so far offsite. I'm looking for 2 rooms at a reasonable price. Thanks for any help!

spectromen
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
The Villas are quite far from Disneyland, but Newport Beach can be a whole other attraction unto itself if you're not familiar with it. If you can get 2 villas at a better price than on-property hotels, and if you don't mind driving to the park early and leaving rather late, I'd definitely say go for it.

biolabetty
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
We stayed at the Villas last month and it took all of 20 minutes in rush hour traffic because we took the carpool lane. The Villas are very very nice, and ours had a great view of the ocean. We don't really care if we have the magic around us all of the time, so for us, it was fine. We had a 2 bedroom Villa, one with a king bed, the other with a queen and sofa that opened into another queen. There was also a sofa in the living room that opened into a queen, and we had a full kitchen plus a washer/dryer. The room included 2 bathrooms, the king room had a double shower and a separate bathtub. Plus we had a furnished balcony, a much nicer room than we have had at the DL resort. It was larger than the first apartment we lived in. I would definitely stay there again, so if you got a good price and want room to move around in, this is a wonderful place to stay.

stan4d_steph
03-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I used to live out that way. They drive's not too terrible during non-rush hour times, and they were constructing a carpool lane that extended out 55 that would ease your drive somewhat. I'm not sure if that's finished yet. Without heavy traffic, the drive won't be more than 20-30 minutes.

disneydenisel
03-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Many thanks for the quick replies. The villas sound great and perfect for our family. Now I just have to decide whether we want to drive and park every day versus waking up and walking to the park. I think the villas are a good choice if we want to do something else besides go to Disneyland, and unless AP rates come out for April and May, we'll probably try and rent a 2-bedroom villa there for less than $200/night (versus $300/room/night at the GCH).