PDA

View Full Version : Libby Lu

Tinkerbelle923
02-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Just wondering how long the Libby lu "experience" takes on average.

I am thinking of taking my Daughter when we go in July (rather than go back to a hotel for a nap, Daddy and little brother can do that, we get some girl time :)) I am trying to budget time for everything (6 days not really worried)

Thanks

BTW, she will probably get her hair braided, get glittered, simple stuff,not full blown over the top stuff.

tlovesdis
02-28-2005, 01:30 PM
It only takes about 20 minutes for the make-over.

Earkid
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
....and she can learn how to move her hips and shimmy.

rentayenta
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
....and she can learn how to move her hips and shimmy.

If that's the case, then I am going to get Libby Lued ;)

Earkid
02-28-2005, 02:47 PM
If that's the case, then I am going to get Libby Lued ;)

I woulda thunk that ya already knew how to move like that Yenta? Maybe you can be a teacher. :D

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 11:09 AM
It only takes about 20 minutes for the make-over.

Thanks...oh she's gonna love it, she is my little glitter princess....
and 2o minutes isn't bad at all, that will fit in any ol' time....

one more question, do you need to call ahead or can you just walk in?

dalhar35
03-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Dont be like us and wait until the last day to do Libby Lu. GET A RESERVATION. OUr 3 girls decided to get their makeovers on Friday when we flew home so they could show off their new doo's at LAX and SMF(Sacramento). We went at a little after nine Friday mornning and learned the earliest we could get makeovers was 7:15 pm-2 hours after we had to leave to catch the plane. The girls were devastated. We should have checked during the week about reservations, but everytime we went in there 3 or 4 employee's were gathered around the register and we thought it was walk-in. Even Friday they had 4 girls standing around when we inquired-maybe only certain ones do the actual makeover. Rest assured next time we will certainly make a reservation as soon as we arrive :(

Gramiangel420
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Dalhar35,
You are a fountain of knowledge. First the character meals and now this. My granddaughter is looking forward to getting Libby Luued so I will check into reservations when we get there. Again thank you for all of your help!

tlovesdis
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
We made a reservation the day before. Ressies are required I believe! If you are going at a busy time, call a week or so ahead so you don't miss out. She will love it! My neice had a blast and looked so darn cute!

Also, be prepared to spend some extra moola on top of the make-over, that's only $20, but on all the cute, frilly, pink, purple, glittery things they have in there! I spent about $40 the first night we went in just to "look", then $20 on the make-over a few days later!

My neice wants me to get a makeover with her when we go back in October!!!!

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the advice...
We are going in July and since I expect crowds I will make Ressies a week in advance....
and yes I figured the $20 plus the $5 for the boa (or so the website sais)
and if I leave for less than $40 i'd be shocked (lucky for my daughter, unlucky for my bank account, I like the glittery frilly stuff too, so I rarely say no to it...it's fun!)

she has no idea...she doesn't even know we are going to DL yet...oh I can't wait.

dalhar35
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Speaking of your bank account-Your Granddaughter will absolutely love Build-a-Bear. My kids did that the first day and it was so fun. We spent about $40 per bear x3 =$120 in one pop. But the girls had a great time and now a new friend. Don't miss build-a-bear.

dalhar35
03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I meant your daughter-sorry

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
hee hee hee, no problem

I have been thinking about build-a-bear both my 5 and 10 yr old would like it.
can anyone tell me about it, I don't know much, I have never been.
How big are the bears?
Do they come with an outfit of is that extra? if so how much more?
Do they have any Disney specific things?
Do I need an apointment here too?

bradk
03-01-2005, 04:51 PM
http://www.buildabear.com

if i'm not mistaken, most of the animals are 15" and they do have some larger (18"?)

while you can buy ready made bears online a la a poor man's vermont teddy bear (as well as customize your own), there's a multi-step process in the store. you first pick the skin of the animal you want, then you stuff it via a reverse vacuum cleaner type thing, then you give it a heart and optionally a sound box (although that comes before the stuffing), then a unique barcode gets added to it so that if it's ever lost, it can be taken back to a BAB store and recovered to its owner, then it gets sewn up, then you groom it and finally dress it.

they're bare (pun intended) to begin with, most articles of clothing and accessories run about $5 ea (you can get an idea from their website). it's all deceptively inexpensive though, because every bear needs their own pair of sunglasses and cell phone.

the DTD store is reputed to have Disney / DTD related clothing that's not available anywhere else.

appointments are generally not necessary / taken as far as I know (unless there's something unique about the DTD store), but for the whole stuffing process, you are on a line, so depending on how busy the store is, there can be a bit of a wait during the initial few steps.

Tricia92260
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
We went this past Sunday to Build a Bear at Downtown Disney.

My 7 year old daughter got a white bear ($12) then dressed it in a CUTE Tinkerbell outfit ($15). The Tinkerbell outfit included the green costume (top and bottom), green booties with a white fluff ball on top, wings, and a wand.

It's Tinkerbear.

They also had costumes that included Mickey ears, Mickey hand gloves, Mickey shirt for (I believe) $15 as well. They had princess costumes as well.
I remember specifically all the girl stuff including Limited Too apparel which we hadn't seen on our last trip to BuildABear at Arden Fair, Sacramento.

My only complaint was that the store was SO busy we didn't get alot of personalized attention. When we have visited the Sacramento location (our only other BAB trips times at least 6) we were given more one on one service. The store at DD was so crowded we took all our clothes to the register, were rung up, and then the girls dressed the bears at Rainforest Cafe while waiting for lunch. There was no space in BAB to dress the bears unless we sat on the floor and the cashiers had others waiting so we didn't do it there.

Another thing we did learn is that the stamp cards DO NOT expire. I had a stamp card that said it expired the end of Dec and I tossed it in Jan. She said the expirations don't apply. So don't toss your cards!!!

My kids LOVED it and are already planning what they will get the next time.

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Really? $12 for a bear? that's not bad at all...hmm 2 kids, each making a bear with a cute outfit, only around $60 that's not as much as I thought it would be, we just may have to do this...It sounds like fun.

Do they have a Buzzlightyear outfit? My son would go nuts!
(I saw that the sell a Buzz bear made but did not see the individual outfit, on the website)

Bradk- thanks for the link

Tinkerbelle923
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Answered my own Question, a closer look at the site I found a Buzz costume ($15)

that settels it, We are so doing that!

rentayenta
03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
My son has the Buzz Bear. He adores it. The outfit is darling!

Flint
03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Everybody knows the only clothes bears need are a pair of comfy boxers.

/nod.
/nod.
/nod.

WITron
03-01-2005, 08:23 PM
They also have different princess outfits. My DD is really into Cinderella, so for Christmas I went to our local Build a Bear and made her Cinderbear.