PDA

View Full Version : Date Night!

justlittleoldme
02-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Hubby and I are going to get away from the kids and go on a date to disney without kids. What would be a nice, romantic, special place to go eat dinner at? OR maybe we should just eat wherever and do the desert buffet for fantasmic? What sort of ideas are out there?

sdfilmcritic
02-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Anywhere without the kids would be a great place for dinner at DLR. It all depends on what kind of tastes in food the two of you have. I would avoid Taste Pilots Grill because it is family oriented and you would be surrounded by kids.

adriennek
02-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Hubby and I are going to get away from the kids and go on a date to disney without kids. What would be a nice, romantic, special place to go eat dinner at?

If you haven't already, run, don't walk, to your phone and make a PS at Napa Rose. End of Discussion.

I have absolutely nothing to add, my work here is done.

Adrienne
get it? I'm green? Ok. NOW I'm done.

bradk
02-28-2005, 10:56 AM
not sure where you can go without encountering some kind of kid. they're like rats.

i'm going out on a very short limb here and say a lot of people would either suggest the blue bayou (waterside table, but beware of passing boats) which would make for a nice lead-in to the fantasmic buffet which is right around there, or napa rose in the GCH.

napa rose: http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/11437185/anaheim_ca/napa_rose_at_grand_californian.html?cslink=search_ name_noncust&ulink=search_2_searchslot1_520__0_profile_2_1

blue bayou:
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/11437509/anaheim_ca/blue_bayou.html?cslink=search_name_noncust&ulink=search_2_searchslot1_520__0_profile_2_1

justlittleoldme
02-28-2005, 11:07 AM
LOL- choices choices......

justlittleoldme
02-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok, hubby now says he really wants Ribs. What places have ribs I guess? I am not very picky, but If I can make him happy, is there anyplace?

sdfilmcritic
02-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Rancho del Zocalo next to the Frontierland Shooting Gallery serves ribs.

cstephens
03-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Rancho del Zocalo next to the Frontierland Shooting Gallery serves ribs.

Actually, no they don't anymore, since they've taken out the BBQ items and revised their menu a little while ago.

The bbq items have been moved to River Belle.

I'm not sure "nice, romantic and special" can co-exist with ribs...

justlittleoldme
03-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I guess you could say he wants ribs and I want "nice, romantic and special". I am leaning twards the Blue Bayou. It would just be pretty neat to eat there. But- the Disneyland Hotel has a Granny's steakhouse. Is that any good?

CoasterChickie
03-01-2005, 07:16 PM
The most romantic dinner I've had with my hubby at the DLR was at The Vineyard Room.

sdfilmcritic
03-01-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure "nice, romantic and special" can co-exist with ribs...Obviously you've never been to the Deep South. ;)

HTHgal12
03-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Obviously you've never been to the Deep South. ;)

Amen to that!

cstephens
03-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Obviously you've never been to the Deep South. ;)

No, but people used to think I was *from* the deep south...

justlittleoldme - I have a recent review of Granville's Steakhouse posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/granvilles012105.html), in case you're interested.

adriennek
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I guess you could say he wants ribs and I want "nice, romantic and special". I am leaning twards the Blue Bayou. It would just be pretty neat to eat there. But- the Disneyland Hotel has a Granny's steakhouse. Is that any good?

I think if you're leaning to Blue Bayou for dinner, I'd go to a hotel or DTD restaurant first. You'll be spending about the same amount of money for better food, IMO.

I'm a broken record for Napa Rose but if your husband is more of a meat and potato guy and not someone who thinks that mushroom with foie grois "cappuchino" sounds good, head to Granville's. :D (BTW, the mushroom soup with foie grois "foam" was amazingly good. ;) )

Adrienne

justlittleoldme
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the review. Especially the menu. Thats not where we want to eat. There wasn't anything I'd eat on there. LOL!

justlittleoldme
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Answering myself again- What does the napa Rose serve? If I went to the resturant, is there a menu outside that I can peak at?

adriennek
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Napa Rose's menu adjusts seasonally and I'm at an utter loss for words to describe it. I love lamb so I usually get that if it's on the menu- they have seafood and duck as well. The menu is ala carte so you pick and choose your courses- which ones you want and what you want for each course.

Here are the MousePlanet Reader Reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrgcnr) for Napa Rose.

Sorry I'm not more help!

Adrienne

MOUSELUVR
03-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Here's a combo idea...we actually just did this last Saturday night...were were able to get a great outside table at River Belle Terrace at about 8:30pm, got our food...they have BBQ ribs and chicken...and then watched Fantasmic while we ate! It was really nice...

cstephens
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Answering myself again- What does the napa Rose serve? If I went to the resturant, is there a menu outside that I can peak at?

I've got a number of reviews from Napa Rose posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html). The latest one is from July 2004, but since we were sitting at the counter, that wouldn't be indicative of your experience unless you wanted to sit there. The February 2003 review might be more useful for you.

And I've not been keeping up-to-date on the menus anymore, but here's a recent menu (http://colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenu.html) that will give you some idea on what they serve. We'll hopefully be making a trip there soon, so if you have specific questions about the current menu, please feel free to ask. When are you planning your visit? As AdrienneK mentioned, their menu changes seasonally, and lately, we've noticed they make minor (and sometimes major) tweaks every week or two, so if you're going for one specific dish, it might not be on the menu when you get there.

And yes, outside the restaurant, there is a glass display that has some items from the menu. But feel free to go inside and ask to see a menu - they don't mind.

Oh, it just occurred to me - they have an appetizer that includes ribs, but we've seen people just get an order of ribs. We haven't tried them, but they looked pretty good.