PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating?

nvmom
02-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I understand that priority seating isn't a reservation, but is there no diff in calling a month prior or a week prior? For example, I called a month ago for priority seating at the Princess Breakfast. Now, I'm getting a little nervous about the Princess Breakfast, and considering switching to Goofy's. I can still call for priority seating only ten days ahead... and there's no difference in your length of wait or whatever? I'm confused, I guess.

nvmom

Lani
02-27-2005, 11:23 PM
nvmom, you might want to take a look at Brian Bennett's explanation of how Priority Seating works (link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwrr/issues/priority_seating.htm)). The biggest issue with when you try to request a PS is that they *do* sometimes fill up on all the PS slots as it gets close to your date, so if you called back, it's possible you won't get the time you really want for Goofy's Kitchen. You can switch all you want, but all you need to know is that if you wait until the last minute they might tell you the only PS times available are really early or really late, etc.

bradk
02-28-2005, 02:02 AM
the park often recommends making PS arrangements on the same day as soon as you enter the park, so there's a good chance you can still get the seating the day before as you can two months before, but there's no guarantee. the earlier, the better.

as far as the actual seating goes, it's first come, first serve. i guess it all depends on the restaurant, but usually you want to show up 15-20 mins at the restaurant before your scheduled time. the order of when you actually made the call has no bearing on what order they actually seat you. the only time this is not true as far as I know is balcony seating for fantasmic.

dalhar35
02-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Just got back from 7 days six nights at Disneyland Hotel. We did the Princess breakfast(Twice), Ariels Grotto for lunch and Goofy's Kitchen for Dinner. Ariel's grotto was the best, followed by Princess Breakfast, then Goofy's kitchen. Don't give up the princess breakfast for Goofy's kitchen breakfast, especially if you have girls. We got to spend a lot of time with Belle, Mary Poppins, Fairy Godmother, Alice, Jasmine, Aladdin, Cinderella, and the Beast made a quick apperance. Breakfast took awhile because of all the interaction with the characters. Ariel's Grotto was great. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, and the Captain had a great Conga line which the kids really loved-then they did the limbo. A lot of interaction with the characters made Lunch last quite awhile. We returned to our table after the fifteen minutes with the characters to find our meals waiting for us. Goofy's kitchen Dinner had the least amount of chraracter interaction, but it was still good. I stuck mainly with the Prime Rib(all you can eat). The food was good and their was a ton of desserts. Goofy did a dance and the kids got to beat on pans with spatula's. The characters were Goofy, Foulfellow, Aladdin, Chip and Dale, Snow White and Prince Charming. Overall the food was average at all three-but we were their for the character interaction. We used the meal vouchers we received with the Dinning plan for the Second Princess Breakfast.