PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic balcony seating

siamese1975
02-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I'm considering buying the tickets for the priority seating for Fantasmic this year....anyone have any tips or reviews of this? Also, what' s the weather like in early May?

Thanks,
Kim :cool:

bassett1976
02-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Call in early on the day that you can first call. The first phone call in gets the middle seats. It's a blast. My wife and I got seats during our honeymoon. If they have two Fantasmic seatings, try to get the one right before any fireworks and you can watch the fireworks from the balcony.

Make sure you save a lot of room for the desserts. They are wonderful!

bradk
02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
copying and pasting what i've written before on it:

balcony seating is first reserved, first seated (best to call 30 days in advance) and people have complained it's a little far from the show, but it's dead center and it beats standing in the crowd that's beneath them. it's limited to about 20 people. you should also have no problem staying on the balcony to watch the fireworks display (no castle view) when there is one, after the first fantasmic showing.

riverside is first come, first seated, can hold about 50 people, but usually has much less. slightly off center. much closer to the show and of course has a small price break for children.

if the crowds are low, you might be better off just trying to get yourself a good spot. a recommended practice for nights when there are two shows is to skip the first one and take advantage of shorter attraction lines, then see the second one which always has a much smaller crowd, and it's only an hour later.

this page has a map indicating the best spot to view the show from, but you should be warned that it's not a direct view so the things going on to the center may only be partially viewable: http://www.intercotwest.com/resortG...wsFantasmic.asp

essentially there are light riggings (or something to that effect) that come ouf of the ground about 3-4 hours before the first show. they block anyone from standing in that position. about 20-30 minutes before the show, they raise up and you can grab a spot there. however, this is widely known and there's a major rush and crush when this happens.

in a crowded park, you could expect to have to hold a good spot maybe 4 hours before the show starts. on a slow day, maybe 45 mins to an hour if you're lucky. and of course, the preferred seating will let you walk in up to a few minutes before .