PDA

View Full Version : No flash photography, please.

80S ERA
12-27-2001, 07:57 AM
Arghhh!

I went to DCA Chistmas day and decided to go on my favorite ride in the entire DL resort - Soarin'. Since there was no line, we were able to walk on. It seems like times of light crowds, there are many CM's who ditch procedures? Anyway, when the boarding doors opened, pure chaos. Everyone was jumping in front of each other for a seat. Naturally, everyone in the place tried for top row / middle -- the seats we tried to get. My girlfriend managed to get a seat in the middle as a non-english speaking woman quickly jumped into the seat next to her, leaving me with no seat. After asking a few times for her to move over, she finally reluctantly agreed. It was at that point I relized she didn't speak any english. (or pretended to?)

Finally, the "clear for takeoff" spiel started.

The same woman and her friend talked at the top of their lungs during the entire presentation! At the same time she kept taking flash photos every 5 seconds or so! Irritated, I signaled over to her that it wasn't allowed. I was ignored, as expected. The CM finally got on the PA during the presentation and interupted, "The use of flash photography is not allowed." Of course, she didn't understand. I just angers me how some people could be so inconsiderate. :mad:

Anyway, I hope her pictures turn out to be nothing but a blank white screen!:D

blusilva
12-27-2001, 09:30 AM
That really is annoying.

Every time I take the train through Primeval World (which I do as often as possible, because Primeval World ROCKS) the flashes pop constantly, despite the CM always announcing - sometimes multiple times - that flash photography is not permitted and that the pictures won't even come out!

Don't people realize that in the dark, when you pop a flashbulb, it BLINDS everyone sitting around them?

hbquikcomjamesl
12-27-2001, 11:09 AM
It was worse back in the days of chemical flash (e.g., big press 5 B bulbs).

gautry
12-27-2001, 11:31 AM
THE WORSE USE OF FLASH PICTURES IS ON THE MARK TWAIN

JUST KIDDING

REALLY THE WORSE USE FOR FLASH PICTURES IS ON HM OR NBC HM

ralfrick
12-27-2001, 06:44 PM
"Anyway, I hope her pictures turn out to be nothing but a blank white screen!"

You will get your wish; taking flash photos of a projected image is as pointless as the Mighty Ducks.

Ace
12-27-2001, 09:37 PM
mmmmmk. flash photography is not as bad as light chasers, since those make little annoying sounds and they stay on for longer. I had star tours and pirates ruined by those things....when I run the resort, however, I will get my revenge...... MUHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

Nigel2
12-27-2001, 10:50 PM
Light Chaseres and Flashes are both evil in their own ways, Flash you get blinded (when its a reflective surface) for a long time light chasers are just annoying in general. One solution to light chasers could be that they don' t sell them until dusk, like the necklaces. More out of guest consideration than anything else.

bluepearl
12-27-2001, 11:07 PM
In response to the pictures of the Primeval World - don't they come out pretty blank anyway, since there's a glass shield? I know my friends are always discussing this when multiple flashes (especially with the disposable cameras) go off when we're on the train. We figured it was pretty useless, since it would probably just be a reflection of the flash against the glass.

Same with the Soarin thing - I automatically assumed that a picture wouldn't come out because of the projected image (as further confirmed when my cousin attempted to take pictures of one of the screens at a concert). But I guess a lot of people don't realize that that's one of the reasons why flash photography isn't permitted.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-28-2001, 03:00 PM
The same thing happens in the planetarium at Griffith Observatory. There, they announce that there is no flash photography permitted (and project slides with that message on the dome), and make a further announcement to the effect that if you do attempt to take a flash picture, (1) you'll get a nicely exposed picture of a blank white dome, and (2) you will temporarily blind everybody else in the planetarium, with the result that you will annoy them, and they will most likely hunt you down after the show.

slaakker
12-28-2001, 03:57 PM
:(

Nigel2
12-28-2001, 09:59 PM
Yeah but I think the worst place you could ever take Flash Photogrophy is (and they have a zero tollereance policy here) Cirque Du Soliel (only outlawed during the show, intermissions are ok), when I saw dralion there weren't any occurances but at La Nouba (WDW) one girl was taping (also illegal) and got booted out instantly (the ushers ran to nab her) and her tape was taken by a security guard. They do that mainly for the saftey of the performers. Also does anyone know why Griffth park observatory is going to be closed for 3 years (rennovations?)

Not Afraid
12-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Yes, extensive rennovations.

cemeinke
12-30-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
...Also does anyone know why Griffth park observatory is going to be closed for 3 years (rennovations?)

Ever see "The End of Violence"? I think, they may be putting in some sort of sophisticated surveillance equipment, some sort of aid for future world domination...

Have another cherry?

Nigel2
12-30-2001, 10:47 PM
Please stand still while we deprogram you. Takes out deprograming nuralizer (gota love our tech department) Now you have been freed of the trick your wife has played on you to get even more controll over you, plus she was making you do all of her work anyway.:) Might I recomend her using her skills for something else?:D (Hey get your mind out of the gutter)

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it never fails even after the repeated warnings against flash photography before BLAST!, that someone will do it anyway. Last time I saw the show, it was particularly annoying because the person was sitting right next to me and blinded my left eye. Ya know, it's one thing to just take flash pictures and annoy other guests but it's another when the safety of the performers is at stake. :mad:

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Anyone see how prompt the cms are when a person tries to take a photo in Millionare? I guess that disney could get a sued by valley crest or someone could figure out a way to cheat. Still I have never seen a CM move that fast in a "non-emergency" situation.

MonorailMan
03-05-2002, 02:57 AM
Maybe they should hire Brandy's bodyguard for the whole millionaire photo thing. ;)