PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Favorite Disneyland Resort Rides with your kids?

Jaysrule
02-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Last year my wife and I adopted two boys (5 & 3) and when we took them to the Disneyland Resort last October for five days we had a great time. Therefore, I was wondering what are your 10 favorite Disneyland Resort rides that you have been on with kids under 10 years old.

Here is our top 10

1. Small World... both of my boys wanted to stand up during the ride, they were so excited. This was the first ride they had ever been on in there life.
2. Winnie the Pooh... my younger boy really likes winnie. I think we rode this ride 7 times in five days.
3. Disneyland Railroad.. my younger boy kept telling us how much he wanted to ride a train for two months before we went to Disney.
4. Autopia... I think my older boy would have been on this all day if we let him.
5. Peter Pan's Flight.... my older boy wanted to be Peter Pan for Halloween after riding this ride and then watching the movie.
6. Pirates ... my older boy really likes pirates.
7. Jungle Cruise... the boys kept pointing our to my wife and I all the different animals the entire ride.
8. Tea Cups.. the boys wanted to keep going on this ride but after two times my wife and I were both to dizzy.
9. Soarin over California... both of the boys like flying.
10. Splash Mountain...this would have ranked higher but, my older boy didn't like the drop at all and would not ride it again. My younger boy rode this 5 times and loved the drop.

On a side note... the only ride that both didn't want to go on again was the Haunted Mansion. The were to scared and could not wait to the ride was over. It will be fun when they are older and to ride it again and see what they think.

sdfilmcritic
02-27-2005, 09:40 AM
I personally don't have any kids of my own, BUT there was a time when I was a kid. Here are some favorite rides I enjoyed going on with my parents when I was young.
Peter Pan
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pirates of the Carribbean
Jungle Cruise
Autopia
Submarine Voyage (no longer exists, but it's nostalgic)
Space Mountain (when I was tall enough)
Skyway Buckets (nostalgia, once again)
My list may be a little short, but that's all I can think of right now.

sleepyjeff
02-27-2005, 10:47 AM
1. Autopia
2. Gadgets Go Coaster
2. Peter Pan Flight
3. Jungle Cruise
4. Pirates of the Caribean
5. Mark Twain
6. Splash Mt.
7. Tea Cups
8. StoryBook Land
9. Omnibus
10. Tree House

SCUBAbe
02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
my child is 14 :)

1) autopia (when she's driving...after the first time though it wasn't as fun..:))
2) Cartoon spin
3) matterhorn
4) TOT
5) space mt.
6) splash
7) screamin'
8) HMH
9) peter pan
10) skyway (but it's gone :crying: )

rides that she loved that I didn't..DLR...submarines...small world.....but especially the railroad..it's nit that it was bad, but it's the onlt hing she wanted to ride when she was really young and we had to go on like 3 to 4 times a trip and not just to another land...the whole circuit...*sigh/boring*

Crazy4DL
02-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Our most recent trips are now with grown "kids" and little grandkids.

3 (at the time) yr old grandson loved the Mattehorn - we rode it every chance we got

2 1/2 (at the time) old grandson loved Casey Jr Train and the train around the park - he loves trains and plays with the Thomas trains 24/7 so he was in heaven with the trains. Our trip this August he is looking forward to being tall enough to ride BTMRR!

5 (at the time) yr old loved SM and BTMRR and GRR

They all really enjoyed POTC - in fact they enjoyed all the rides we could take them on ( no height restrictions). They even seemed fine with the HM. The 5 yr old wasn't scared of the ToT until after he rode it - he will be 7 when we go this August and not sure if we will be able to talk him in to trying it again. We will have a 1 1/2 yr old granddaughter and a 1 yr old grandson with us this time and I am thinking they are going to love IASW - we'll see what else :) I love my babies!! Rrazey

MrsPooh
02-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Piglet is almost 10. Here are his favorites (I asked him!)

Autopia (he will ride this 100 times if I let him!)
Small World (much to Mr. Pooh's dismay!)
Winnie The Pooh
Haunted Mansion (this is just recently. He rode it as a little kid and it scared the beejeezus out of him!)
Pirates
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
Storybook Land
Jungle Cruise (he uses up an entire roll of film every time he rides this!)
Star Tours

He didn't list them, but he has always loved Soarin, GRR, canoes, Tarzan's Tree House & Matterhorn.

He absolutely hates Space Mountain, and that is because Mr. Pooh didn't use good judgement when he took him on it at age 4. He screamed the whole time and now I can't get him back on it!

stitchlvr
02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
My daughter is now 8, but thinking back to when she was between 3 & 5, her favorites were (not in rank order): Small World, Peter Pan, Tiki Room, Tarzan's Treehouse, Pooh Ride, Tom Sawyer Island, ToonTown attractions,Casey Jr., Dumbo, and Tea Cups.

wabby1
02-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Here's my recommendations....My youngest is now 10, but in the past they've enjoyed:

1. Pirates
2. Disneyland Railroad
3. Peter Pan
4. Mr. Toad's
5. Tiki Room
6. Jungle Cruise
7. Splash Mountain
8. Small World
9. Star Tours
10. Haunted Mansion