PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any special ways to celebrate an adult's birthday at DL?

CoasterChickie
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I've only read about kids' celebrations so far!

sdfilmcritic
02-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Make up a personalized t-shirt to have the person wear while at the park. And then treat the person as if he or she is a celebrity for the day. Really ham it up!

AnnaBanana
02-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I went to WDW for spring break a couple of years ago. We went to the Magic Kingdom the day one of my friends turned 20. We told her it was her day and we would do any rides she wanted (including Dumbo, Tea Cups...unfortunately we couldn't get my other friend to go on Its A Small World :( ). We also took her out to lunch at one of the restaurants that had a character meal. She got to have her picture taken with Eeyore, which made her sublimely happy the rest of the day.

disneyperson
02-26-2005, 03:48 PM
well, there's always the giant stuffed, light up , birthday cake hat! :)

rentayenta
02-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, I think lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou-waterside table of course- would be fun.

Or if you really like the person, Club 33 would be cool :cool:

I Heart Disneyland!
02-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I took my childhood best friend to DL for her 40th birthday a few years ago and we started at City Hall where they put a sticker on her shirt that says, "It's my birthday!" And it had her name on it, so, all of the CM's would say, "Happy birthday Brenda!" when they saw her sticker. Also, at City Hall, they hook you up on the phone with a Disney character recording, wishing you a happy birthday. We went to Blue Bayou for lunch and they sang to her and gave her a free dessert. It was SO much fun and she had such a great time!

Wendi
02-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Adult??? When I walk through those gates I'm a kid again... I don't know about adults in Disneyland!!!

A nice dinner, a Birthday sticker and a stack of tortillas should do the trick.

GeminiAngel
02-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Took my daughter's Godmother for her 51st. total goofy lover. arranged for a phone call at city hall from goofy. they gave her an autographed pic of goofy, and birthday sticker for all the well wishing. topped off with dinner at goofy's kitchen!! What a blast it was. :fez:

GeminiAngel
02-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Almost forgot. My 27th birthday back in 1996. We had dinner at the Blue bayou, all the male waiters sang Happy Birthday to me and I had free cake! then we went and grabbed a prime piece of concrete for Fantasmic. I believe the show was pretty new then. My mom and friends started singing happy birthday to me, and so did about 200 other ppl!!! was soooo coool!!!!

cstephens
02-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I've only read about kids' celebrations so far!

I've got a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that you might be interested in.

Rouxe1688
02-27-2005, 05:57 AM
I always think kid themed parties for adults turn out great, who wants to get older anyway? But them a hat or crown, get a picture taken with their fave character, ride all their fave rides, eat at their choice of place, but them a churro and stick a candle in it, you know....

jon80flt
02-27-2005, 07:49 AM
I just made reservations for the Fantasmic! dessert buffet for DW's birthday in 3 weeks... maybe she'll finally get to see her favorite attraction unbstructed!
:fez:

sdfilmcritic
02-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Don't forget to embarass the heck out of the person throughout the day. :~D Well, unless the person is shy then it wouldn't be such a great idea.

CrazyTrain
02-27-2005, 09:54 AM
For my b-day in April, I'm going to get a sticker. I'm also going to eat at Blue Bayou and hopefully do the Plaza Inn birthday thing. And OF COURSE since it's my birthday, we'll only go on the rides I want to. I'm already making my list. ;) I'm sure my friends will take care of the embarass part! :p

meegster
02-27-2005, 11:16 AM
I just celebrated my 36th at Disneyland. First, I went with just my husband - left our ds (5) and twin dd's (2) at home. Got my birthday sticker ! It was fun to have so many birthday wishes from CM's - other people joined in too! And I also met lots of other birthday celebraters as well! We did have lunch at Blue Bayou and they sang and gave me free dessert. Because of the park hours closing early on a weekday, we had dinner at Jazz Kitchen at DTD - free dessert there too! We got lots of little extras thoughout the day - riding in front or back of various rides, stuff like that. It was fun to be hanging out in line with just the hubby - chatting, holding hands, and all that mushing stuff - not having the chase down the kids. I LOVED MY DISNEY BIRTHDAY !

meegster
02-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Sorry - forgot to mention the funniest thing I saw. I did see a family - parents and 3 kids. It was apparently Dad's 40th! Everyone had great t-shirts made up - the wife's was - My Husband's Foxy & 40 ! The kids had My Daddy's 40 & Fabulous! They had pics of Dad when he was younger. It was very cute!! Dad had a shirt on too declaring his 40th. That was cool.

AmandasDad
02-28-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm going for my 40th. I was thinking of having a t-shirt made that says "I'm 40 Today!" with a red X through the zero.

After all, disneyland is about reliving your childhood in some way, right?

tlovesdis
02-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I celebrated my 36th birthday at the resort this past December. We did the Plaza Inn Birthday party and I had a blast! There was only 1 other adult celebrating, but a ton of kids and we just had a blast. The party is only $10 a person, totally worth it!

I also got a birthday button and wore it every day! Everyone would wish me happy birthday. We had lunch at Blue Bayou one day (my favorite)!

It was so magical and special!!!

CrazyTrain
02-28-2005, 10:01 AM
So you did feel odd being an adult surrunded by all those kids? I know I wouldn't, but I'm afraid a few of my friends might not like it.

rentayenta
02-28-2005, 10:07 AM
We did the Plaza Inn for my DD's 6th birthday this past year. It was really fun for her but not my cup of tea.

tlovesdis
02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
So you did feel odd being an adult surrunded by all those kids? I know I wouldn't, but I'm afraid a few of my friends might not like it.

NOPE! I had a blast and so did my 2 adult cousins, my 5 year old neice, 15 year old cousin, and 10 year old cousin! It was so much fun and I never felt weird, but that's just me! I become a kid the minute I step through those gates!