PDA

View Full Version : Which day should we go where?

nvmom
02-26-2005, 07:11 AM
OK, only 10 days out from trip. We'll arrive at SNA at 8:40 am.- Thurs. March 10. We'll take a cab to the hotel (off site.) Disneyland opens 10:00 a.m. Note: We'll be there Thurs-Sun (fly home Mon.)

*Should we head straight to Disneyland, hope we can get there not to long after the park opens and proceed straight to either Toon Town or Fantasyland? I'm assuming this will be the least busy day we're there.

*Fri, we have Princess breakfast at 8:30 am. -Disneyland opens at 9:00. Stay in Disneyland and do whatever we didn't do Thurs? I think the Tikki Room reopens that day. We want to see Snow White too, and the character celebrations, maybe Merlin and princess storytelling.

*What day would be best to go the DCA? Any suggestions as to which night is better for Fantasmic or the Elec Parade?

Thanks.
nvmom

disneyhound
02-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Hi nvmom!

We have had the same arrive thursday morning, leave monday afternoon every year for the past five years during Jan-Feb. Thursday will definately be your best day regarding crowds. Fantasyland is a great place to visit when crowds are low. You can walk onto almost any ride there, even Peter Pan! Even first thing Friday morning has not been bad. Saturday has usually been the busiest! Sunday afternoon things seems to slow down.

Do you have an early entry? We use that Monday morning, since the park doesn't open until 10:00, and we need to be to the airport by 3:00PM, it extends our last day! ;)

Have a great time; will be looking for your trip report!

bradk
02-26-2005, 07:34 AM
4 days is absolutely plenty. you'll have time to do everything and probably a lot of things 2 or 3 times or maybe even more. not sure you really need to get that organized about it.

you have 3 days (friday, sat & sun) to see fantasmic and the electric parade. i would say ideally, friday would be best since it's not the weekend. i might even suggest doing electrical parade on friday and then doing fantasmic on sunday and probably even doing the second fantasmic if you can since the crowd will be much less and you can take advantage of the large viewing crowds of the first show by going on rides which will have shorter lines.

toontown will open to the public at 11 on thursday, so if you do want to get a good jumpstart, you can hop on over there first, maybe even start off your disney vacation by visiting mickey in his studio in the back of his house.

Leap for Joy
02-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Definitely do Fantasmic! on a night when there are two showings because you can get excellent seats for the second show. If you've never seen Fantasmic! before, do it early in your trip because you may want to see it again. If you're with a group who can move quickly, and if you choose seats in DCA carefully, it's possible to do Electrical Parade at DCA and then the second showing of Fantasmic! in DL. DH and I do this a lot, I don't know if we could do it with kids though.

Fantasyland the first day is an excellent idea. Do Peter Pan first thing!

I'd say DCA on Saturday, and/or whenever the weather is warmest so that you can get totally drenched on Grizzly River Run and not mind being wet! We usually do GRR before going back to the motel for nap time, because I hate walking around in wet clothes.