PDA

View Full Version : Park hopper to AP question

Zigen
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before.... but I want to make sure of it before I do it.

Question....

Will the full $$$ amount of a 3 day park hopper be able to transfer to a AP on the 3rd day?

I want to get early entry and the 10$ ESPN pass(from park hopper), but I also want an AP for my family. I dont want to buy a park hopper and then be told I cant use that $$$ for my AP's.

Another question: Where do you go to get into early entry? Is there a special gate or place?

Thanks!

bradk
02-25-2005, 04:52 PM
i believe only 5 day hoppers can be upgraded

i also firmly believe to get the early entry, you take the Disney Railroad to Fantasyland.

you do realize that each person requires their own early entry, right?

cstephens
02-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Will the full $$$ amount of a 3 day park hopper be able to transfer to a AP on the 3rd day?

Yes, but the AP needs to be more expensive than what you paid for the hopper, so for instance, if you paid $150 for the hopper, you'd need to get an AP that is more expensive than $150. If there's an AP that costs less than that, you wouldn't be able to convert your hopper to that AP.

Nancy
02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
I thought any pass could be converted into an annual pass provided the AP was more expencive.

atalmi
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Seems odd that if you bought a 3 day pass for $109 you would be able to trade it in for the $99 Southern Ca Pass.. or would you have to trade up to the $149 pass instead?

Earkid
02-25-2005, 07:57 PM
You can upgrade any parkhopper pass for an AP. However, cstephens is right when she states that the cost of the AP has to be more than what you paid for the parkhopper.

P.S. don't upgrade until the final day. That way you avoid the potential of being denied entry on a block out day.

P.S.S. Your new AP will be back dated to the first day of use of your parkhopper.

SoCalDude
02-25-2005, 10:16 PM
AFIK you can use any money spent on a ticket to upgrade to an AP. My mother got my youngest a one-day parkhopper and we used that to upgrade him to an AP.

And if your parkhopper is more then the AP you want to get - just go higher! More days is a good thing :D

cstephens
02-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Seems odd that if you bought a 3 day pass for $109 you would be able to trade it in for the $99 Southern Ca Pass.. or would you have to trade up to the $149 pass instead?

Since you have to upgrade, you wouldn't be able to get the SoCal pass. You'd have to upgrade to a pass worth more than $109.

tinkluver
02-26-2005, 10:56 PM
i also firmly believe to get the early entry, you take the Disney Railroad to Fantasyland.

What do you do with the railroad closed - as it is now?

QueenAlisha
02-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Run!

SCUBAbe
02-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Im a bit slow...LOL...if we buy a parkhopper for $109.00 does the entire amount get put towards the annual pass? My daughters friend is planning on doing this and I don't want any surprises when we get there..:)

stan4d_steph
02-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Im a bit slow...LOL...if we buy a parkhopper for $109.00 does the entire amount get put towards the annual pass? My daughters friend is planning on doing this and I don't want any surprises when we get there..:)The entire amount will be applied toward an AP as long as you do it while you're still visting on that ticket. You can't get an AP that has a price less than the value of your hopper ticket.

Darkbeer
03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Here is a photo of a flyer being handed out at the park, and has all the legalize regarding the rules in upgrading...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/409722/1/16366647/Large

Basically, any ticket/ParKHopper can be used to upgrade.

Your credit will be the amount paid for the ticket, not the amount posted at the main gate (If you bought an Advance Purchase PH, you only get credit for the lower price).

You must buy an AP of equal or grater value.

In most cases, the best thing to do is to not upgrade until the last day of your visit.

As for Early Entry, walk to the right side of Main Street (towards the hub), CM's will be there to check tickets and allow you past the rope drop area.

got2travel
03-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Umm, when did the railroad go to Fantasyland?

tinkluver
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
As for Early Entry, walk to the right side of Main Street (towards the hub), CM's will be there to check tickets and allow you past the rope drop area.
Thank You Darkbeer!

bradk
03-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Umm, when did the railroad go to Fantasyland?

it's on the border of toontown and fantasyland is it not?