PDA

View Full Version : Toon Town Morning Madness

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Forgive me if this was discussed in another thread. I have a sick baby on my hands and was just trying to find out information while he gave me a quick break.
What is Toon Town Morning Madness? I just printed up the calendar for our week in March and I see this on the schedule.
TIA!

bradk
02-25-2005, 04:10 PM
You're able to enter Toontown when the park opens, which is an hour before TT opens to the public. The Fab 5 and friends are there to meet & greet the guests who become honorary citizens of TT during a ceremony.

more or less.

yummy mummy
02-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Is this different than early entry??

bradk
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
early entry (right now) is being able to get into fantasyland one hour before the park opens to the public. the early entry land is subject to change.

lbrackjo
02-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I beleive that Morning Maddness is part of Walt Disney Travel pakages only. But check your booking source to see if it is included. When we got ours (via WDTC) it was in the form of a voucher good for the whole party.

nvmom
02-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I also saw Toon Town Madness listed on the calendar on the Disney website. Would they put it on this calendar if it wasn't open to the public? We didn't book thru a travel company, can we still go?

nvmom

bandboy1985
02-25-2005, 09:51 PM
no.

they collect the WDTC guest vouchers at the toontown gate before we do the show. it's an event only for WDTC guests- one of their perks for booking with the company.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Seems silly to put it on a site with public information if it is only available to a select booking company.
We are AP holders so it wouldn't apply to us. I booked our hotel on my own.

bradk
02-25-2005, 10:25 PM
not silly at all considering it's their company. it's a nice thing to experience, so wouldn't advertising it make booking a vacation through DTC more enticing?

Nfatuated
02-26-2005, 06:51 AM
If I recall, if you were to book at one of the Disney props you used to get early entry. Is that still true, whether it be for toon town or tommorowland?

bradk
02-26-2005, 07:24 AM
you have to do it via package through DTC, and that would most likely include both. you can also get early entry by buying a hopper bonus ticket as opposed to just the hopper, and rumor has it that with the newer socal citypass after april 1st, it will include early entry as well, but toontown madness comes only with a DTC package.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
not silly at all considering it's their company. it's a nice thing to experience, so wouldn't advertising it make booking a vacation through DTC more enticing?

It would help if they put a * next to it or something letting you know first what it is and second that it is not something anyone can do. Everything else on the list for those days, on the calendar is offered to ALL guests.

Wendi
02-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Wow! I completely agree that it shouldn't be listed on the public calendar if it's not available to the public. At least they should put a stipulation clause with it if they're putting it there... weird! I'm sure they'll have loads of people showing up because it's on the calendar. Heck, I'd try to get in if I were you!!!

BQ2
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
My son and I are going to DLR on March 08 & 09. I see on the DLR website they will have Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness on Tuesday but not wednesday at 10:20 am. My question is what is Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness ?? Anyone heard of this??

Thanks BQ :)

bradk
03-01-2005, 11:35 PM
it operates monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday, the same days as the early entry program.

it requires a special pass which is made available only to those who book through DTC or AAA.

toontown (which opens to the public an hour after the park's official opening time) is opened an hour earlier to those with passes. mickey and friends host a ceremony which makes all attending guests honorary citizens of toontown.

BQ2
03-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Thanks, that covers it. We are ap members. We'll create our own madness:)

03-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Just the title of this thread makes me reach for coffee.

dalhar35
03-02-2005, 08:02 AM
When you first get into morning madness get a sit by city hall. The characters come marching down the street and come right to the front of city hall. Since we hadn't been before we went out to the street to watch them march by and when we followed them to city hall we had to stand quite a ways back to see anything. Grab a seat first thing and don't move-of course the little ones will have no problem worming their way up to the front-"as it should be"-a Little Mary Poppins lingo there.

PsychDoc
03-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Is this "perk" really worth it? I already booked my hotel through the AP/hotel line. I just got my new AP news letter and it looks like the Travel Co actually throws in some extra perks and is cheaper per night. We're going duirng sprink break and don't want to waste 1 of our 2 only early mornings if it's not worth it. I have an 11 and 2 1/2 year old. I figured we could go to the Princess Breakfast first, then head over to the "maddess." Good idea?

bradk
03-03-2005, 05:49 AM
of course it's worth it, especially if it's less money. it's not like you even HAVE to use it, but look at the fact: you're spending an hour in toontown with a lot less people than would be there at any other point in the day (i'm assuming you would go to toontown at some point) and you have a prime opportunity with the characters that you could spend up to an hour waiting for in line just to meet mickey alone later on in the day.

you aren't wasting an early morning entry either. early entry is an hour before the park opens to the public and toontown opens an hour later after the park opens. even if early entry runs from 9-10, the toontown madness ceremonies start at 10:20. they're meant to work together.

PsychDoc
03-03-2005, 06:07 AM
makes sense. I'll call now and switch up my reses

Tinker Bell
04-07-2005, 09:57 AM
I found this today in the Ap area:

Disney's Resort Magic
Packages starting from $210*

Accommodations at Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel, Disneyland® Hotel, or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
New! Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness** - Interactive Guest & Character Experience
Preferred seating at select attractions in Disney's California Adventure™ park
Walt Disney Travel Company collectible pin & lanyard - one per person
Walt Disney Travel Company California Fun Book - one per package
Disney's Good Neighbor Magic
Packages starting from $90*

Accommodations at a conveniently located Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel
New! Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness** - Interactive Guest & Character Experience
Preferred seating at select attractions in Disney's California Adventure™ park
Walt Disney Travel Company collectible pin & lanyard - one per person
Walt Disney Travel Company California Fun Book - one per package
Packages include accommodations and admission into the New Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, preferred seating at select shows, and other exciting adventures sure to make your Disneyland® Resort experience even more special.

Call 800-824-1146† to book your Annual Passholder Vacation Package.

*Price is per person double occupancy at the Jolly Roger Hotel during 2005 Value Season. Offer subject to availability, advance reservations required. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. All services, attractions, entertainment, tickets, offers, events and age ranges may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice. CST: 1022229-50

**Operation of Attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of characters are subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply. Available for one morning during your stay on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and days are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.

Families with Toddlers

Families with Kids

Families with Teens

1955 Experience

† If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.