PDA

View Full Version : Recent Trip Thoughts/Observations

mspangler
12-26-2001, 12:16 PM
Just got back on the 24th from a 4 day trip. We don't make it down there too often, since it's a 450 mile drive....anyway, here's some thoughts/observations...

*Decorations- they looked really nice (boy, they put up a lot of lights, don't they?)....finally saw the "snow" for the first time--it actually looked real, amazing how they thought of bubbles...

*The fireworks and Christmas fantasy parade were great...

*The new paving they have started in Fantasyland looks great (saw a picture in Al's update but got to see it for myself...neat.)

*The BLAST! show in DCA was, well, a blast!:D Much better than the Steps in Time that it replaced.

*LuminAria, despite all of the negative things I've read here, was great. I liked the light up tree at the end....neat.

*The Mansion Holiday....wow. It's amazing to see the amount of work they did.

*Small World Holiday was nice....although I've seen it before, still nice though

*Stayed for 2 of the 5 nights at the Grand Calif. Hotel...1st time we've been there. It was a nice hotel, big "lobby", but the rooms seemed small and more "closed in". I thought the hallways were much too long. Other 3 nights we were at the Disneyland Hotel (which is still my favorite)...

Here's some pictures
http://home.earthlink.net/~dspang430/dca1.jpg
Me and my little sister at DCA

http://home.earthlink.net/~dspang430/dtd1.JPG
Mom and my 2 sisters at Downtown Disney

space101
12-26-2001, 07:52 PM
How many times did you visit Haunted Mansion Holiday?:)

mspangler
12-26-2001, 08:19 PM
Only once. Lines were long so we got fastpasses. Would have wanted to see it again, but didn't get a chance, since we were over at DCA seeing the Blast show and Millionaire.

I forgot to mention--saw Millionaire for 1st time--I thought it was neat how they set up the show so everyone can play along for a chance in the hot seat (not just those in the contestants' circle like on TV)

Also saw the new Lincoln show. The effects were neat, but we all were surprised (esp. by the "haircut" and the "fly")...nice effects though, adds a little more entertainment to the show.

One thing we've learned....even 5 days is not enough time to see all we want....nice to have the 2 park AP's but we don't get down too often. Guess I should be happy we get to go 2-3 times a year. I especially like going at Christmas time though...the "holiday transformation" all over the Resort is amazing...

:)