PDA

View Full Version : Best times to ride a ride

Pages : [1] 2

Elways way
02-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Does anybody want to share their secrets about the best times to ride specific rides? I have heard the Jungle Cruise is much better at night.....but I have never done it fearing that I wouldn't be able to see as much at night. Turns out that may heighten the experience of the ride. Are there any others? It doesn't necessarily have to be an "improved experience", it could be shorter wait lines, weather releated, whatever makes a ride better at specific times. I know you guys are all devoted fans and I'd love to hear your experiences.

I love the Maliboomer at night! Especially if you get a chance to face out towards DL and the Castle. You get a great view of all the lights of both DCA, DTD, and DL.

Disneyfreak
02-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Big Thunder is definately better at night. I also think Indy has a good theme at night.

02-25-2005, 10:08 AM
My kids swear Pirates is better at night.

Earkid
02-25-2005, 10:09 AM
MATTERHORN at night is the best, a must-do!!

Surfingstitch
02-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I guess everything would be better at night then.

kisroo
02-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I think that ToT is great at night!

So are HM and BTMRR. Jungle Cruise goes without saying. ;)

I used to love Matterhorn at night, too! (before this derned hurt back of mine!) ;)

In terms of lines/weather: Splash seems to be less crowded in the early mornings (who wants to get wet at 8:30am?? Uh...Mr kisroo, apparently :rolleyes: ) as do many of the Fantasyland rides. I haven't rode Indy for the past few trips, but that seems to be piled from am to dusk, but is sometimes empty during fireworks/Fantasmic. (as do HM and Pirates~if you can get to them!)

During the parades, the Fantasyland rides *may* be slower, but again difficult to get to.

Don't forget to use FastPass!!! You can do a search here on Mousepad for one of Darkbeer's informative lessons on FastPass.
Have fun!
~kisroo:)

sami869
02-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I all the outside rides are better at night. The lines are always shorter when it rains and in the morning. Every time we've been by the Jungle Cruise whiel it's been raining there was no wait at all but we didn't really want to deal with getting wet. So we passed, except for the last time we were there. We did get wet but the rain really added to the overall jungle feel of it :)

Disneynerd
02-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Ride Peter Pan's Flight first thing in the morning, right after rope drop. There is no fast pass and the line just seems to get longer as the day goes on.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-25-2005, 12:01 PM
I think a lot of the outdoor rides are fabulous at night. Matterhorn, BTMRR and even Dumbo! I LOVE riding Dumbo at night, it's so peaceful up there and I love looking down on Fantasyland. (Just a big kid at heart) I like the inside rides during the day. And I love to wander the whole park at night, just looking at the lights and sounds. I CANNOT wait to get there in May. I will be there in 2 months! yahoo!

itig
02-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Ride Peter Pan's Flight first thing in the morning, right after rope drop. There is no fast pass and the line just seems to get longer as the day goes on.

This is so true. The last time we went we rushed straight to Peter Pan and rode it twice before the line grew to it's horrific norm.

JPIVERSON
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
We've ridden California Screamin', Big Thuder Mountain and Matterhorn while they were doing fireworks... that was an added bonus!

Dream Again
02-25-2005, 01:46 PM
The Storybookland Boats are much prettier at nighttime, and the Casey Jr. Train at
that. On my last trip my mom and I usually stood in line right after they closed the rope on PPF for the fireworks show. You get a good view of Tink and the fireworks, and you don't have to wait in line for the ride very long. IThe only bad part is having to wait the extra 10-15 minutes for them to open the ride again, but if you're a patient person that's a piece of cake.

snappy
02-25-2005, 01:55 PM
The tram ride in the morning!! Why? Because it's the start of the day!

SCUBAbe
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
yeap..when ridemax tells me to...:)

CoasterChickie
02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
I hate riding the Jungle Cruise at night (no offense Sleepy Jeff). Part of what makes it so cool during the day is the way the sunlight streams through the trees onto the water. It's realy easy to imagine that you're actually in a jungle instead of Anaheim! At night, you can barely see the animals and the noise of DTD is louder because of the House of Blues and all the people who are partying on te balcony!

Splash Mountain is always better at night. Everything inside just seems more vibrant! And when you're going up that last hill just before the big drop it's really really dark and scary!!!!

Susan L
02-25-2005, 04:29 PM
All the rides in both parks are better at night. Avoid Fantasyland during the afternoon, do all these rides early in the morning or after the fireworks.

WITron
02-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Last time we went we headed straight to FL when the gates opened and had that area of the park to ourselves. My DD who was 2 loved riding Dumbo and we rode it several times without any wait.

rentayenta
02-25-2005, 08:41 PM

Yes!

Peter Pan in the morning because there is no line.

IASW at night also. The lights take me back to my childhood.

StorybookLand Canal Boats at night. The little houses look so cool all lit up.

BTMRR during the fireworks~awesome!

California Screamin' at night. Its scary.

sdfilmcritic
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Matterhorn is fun at night.

Larilyn
02-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Jungle Cruise is awesome at night....for a change. They can do different jokes than they can during the day, thanks to the help of their spotlights. Like Skippy, the jungle's fastest elephant!

I love Big Thunder at night....especially if you time it just right during the fireworks, so the finale goes off while you're coming around the bend right before you go into the crumbling canyon....cause then the whole finale is right there in front of you. It's awesome. :D

CrazyTrain
02-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Jungle Cruise is definately different at night. a bit more thrilling, I supose, a little mose suspenseful for what it is.

So, it's a general consensus that Fantasyland is better to do first thing, or if not, last thing (crowd-wise)?

bradk
02-26-2005, 10:10 AM
So, it's a general consensus that Fantasyland is better to do first thing, or if not, last thing (crowd-wise)?

i think mostly for peter pan. the e ticket rides are always best to do absolute first thing if you can. the same would sort of go for IJA or Splash Mountain.

Rouxe1688
02-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I love astro orbiter at night, it's awsome flying over tomorroland with all those lights swirling around you. The line is a bit crowded but it usually moves pretty fast.

PsychDoc
02-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Definately. Even better if you can time it so you're on it when the fireworks are going off. We've done this (on accident) several times. Very cool to come out of the moutain and be greeted with "pops" and bright lights. Also, cool to be on the monorail when the fireworks are going. A few times, the conductor would stop by the mountain for about 5 mins before taking off. YOu can also see them on the downtown disney monorail platform.

PsychDoc
02-26-2005, 05:15 PM
All the rides in both parks are better at night. Avoid Fantasyland during the afternoon, do all these rides early in the morning or after the fireworks.
Agreed. However, I've found FL to be espeically croweded even late at night. Much better early in the morning. I usually get my coffee and let the kids run from ride to ride. I sit by Dumbo or the Carosel I can see them as they're usually no one else there for at lest 45min to 1 hour.