PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 50th replica brick in the mail

Pages : [1] 2 3

SoCalDude
02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Ok, so the UPS guy just delivered my replica brick - lol, I was not expecting a mini-replica. Well, I dunno what I was expecting but I am kinda glad I do not have to figure out what to do with a real-size replica :p

It is just over 4 inches long and just under 5 inches high. The logo is metal. We did get the wood one and it also comes with a nice little stand for it that is the same width as the replica. Looks nice if you ask me.

See pic below - edited out the name and all that fun stuff :eek:

click here to see the pic (http://www.landofbricks.com/temp/replica.jpg )

Wendi
02-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Very cool... I wish I had one!!!

Mommy2NicknMax
02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
OH that is cool. Now I'm wishing I would have ordered one.

kbanmen
02-24-2005, 02:14 PM
that is sooooooooo nice..

disneyhound
02-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Cool, was the free with a five-day park hopper? ;)

Earkid
02-24-2005, 02:56 PM
That's really great!!

Hopefully ours will arrive soon. I'm glad they have the metal medallion on the replica. I hope they do the same for the acrylic replicas.

got2travel
02-24-2005, 03:28 PM
So cool.

Maybe I'll have a little notice from UPS when I get home.

Jewels
02-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to see ours. Thanks for posting the picture we ordered wood too so it was nice to know what it will look like.

I am not sure what size I was expecting either. I never thought to ask. I just thought wood would look more like the real thing.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
That is SO cool!!!! I want one, I want one!!!! Okay....for the last time folks, where do I call again???

Rapunzel
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
How long did it take you to get the brick after they gave you the general area where it will be located? I think mine should be coming soon... but it has been a few weeks.
We got the 50th one too with the date July 17, 2005 on it.

KarenW2
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
So, if you got yours yesterday and you live in San Diego, maybe we'll get ours Friday!! Did you order it before the deadline for the PAP discount back in December? That's when we did.

We got our info, but haven't received the replica yet. We ordered the wooden replica as well, since we'll be putting it in our home office and all our furniture is oak.

Thanks for sharing!

SoCalDude
02-24-2005, 11:59 PM
I ordered the brick the day before the AP discount was to go away. I think it was Dec 30th? Sounds right... And I got the papers about it the same time everybody else did.

I am really curious as to what the acrylic ones look like - I hope somebody that got one will share a picture also. But I am happy with the wood one, it matches very well with our living room.

We were thinking about framing it along with the certificate, and maybe a pic of the real thing. So if we do that we have some time to decide on how we want it. Did anybody else have any display ideas they would like to share? We are looking for more ideas :D

yellowrosedtxn
02-25-2005, 03:21 AM
That is cool, I really wished I had found this place last year. I thought I was too eager to look for things about Disneyland when I started looking in January. (I"m not going until June.) Now I really wish I had found this forum back then so I could have been a part of the magic and getting a brick and stuff.

Hind sight eh? Next time, I will just get online and look and it won't matter how early I start. hahahahaha

ChelleR
02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the acrylic brick replica they would be willing to share? I'm getting ready to order a brick...the wood replica is beautiful, but I'd like to see the acrylic before making a decision.

Thanks!
Michelle

KarenW2
02-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi SCD,
I forgot to ask - did you have to sign for the package from UPS, or did they just leave it at your doorstep and run for the hills, like they usually do? We get UPS deliveries at various times of the day around here, but so far, I haven't seen a brown truck. One of us will be at home all day today, so it shouldn't be a problem, if we do have to sign for it. I'm anxious to see it!!

fjhuerta
02-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Is it possible to get the brick now????

SANDYMARIE
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the acrylic brick replica they would be willing to share? I'm getting ready to order a brick...the wood replica is beautiful, but I'd like to see the acrylic before making a decision.

Thanks!
Michelle
HI MICHELLE,

YOU CAN SEE THE ACRYLIC ONE ON EBAY...........
THE AUCTION# IS 6514078374 :)

Raven
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
They are nice, darn, now I want one! :)

outlaw8
02-25-2005, 02:35 PM
So are they $250.00 Now???
What is the cost of the bricks now. Without the AP discount??

Earkid
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
First of all, the bricks cost $150 thru Disney and the replica is $35. As an AP I got a $50 discount for ordering one before the end of 2004.

Second, that seller is apparently acting as a middle man, with a considerable markup, for those poor unfortunate souls that don't research things for themselves.

Third, the acrylic replica in that auction is similar to the one I received today except that mine has that 50th Anniversary medallion. The wood replica pictured also has the medallion.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-25-2005, 04:10 PM
HI MICHELLE,

YOU CAN SEE THE ACRYLIC ONE ON EBAY...........
THE AUCTION# IS 6514078374 :)

How in the world is this person selling the bricks that will be placed IN Disneyland? That seems suspicious to me!

Earkid
02-25-2005, 04:16 PM
How in the world is this person selling the bricks that will be placed IN Disneyland? That seems suspicious to me!

DId you see my post Heart? He is just a middle man. He gets their money then he calls in the order him (or her) self, pays for the brick and pockets the extra dough for himself. Free market really benefits the lazy. :D

I Heart Disneyland!
02-25-2005, 04:39 PM
DId you see my post Heart? He is just a middle man. He gets their money then he calls in the order him (or her) self, pays for the brick and pockets the extra dough for himself. Free market really benefits the lazy. :D

Oh, I missed it!!! Sorry! That stinks that a person would do that. Grrrr! I still need to find out where to buy one, or if they are still available. I checked a couple of links from old posts, but, they aren't any good. :( They just take me to the DL website where I cannot find the bricks. If anyone has a good website, please let me know.

got2travel
02-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Got my replica today and its so cute. By the way, didn't have to sign anything, it was just left on the porch. Also, the return address didn't say anything about Disney, so I wasn't sure what it was until I opened.

I got the acrylic one and was very happy that it was so clear. From far away it looks like glass.

I found the phone number and email for those wanting a brick. I just don't know if the anniverary logo is still available, you may have to choose one of the other designs.

(800) 760-3566 or email: dl.bricks@disney.com

No if I can just figure out how to post a pic, I will.

got2travel
02-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I think this will work, here's our brick (hopefully)

DL 50th Brick (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2626&size=big&sort=6&cat=500)