PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland First Timer Trip

kameko
02-24-2005, 11:55 AM
My best friend who is a cast member at wdw is coming to visit me and we plan to visit the Disneyland Resort March 9&10. It is her first time to California so also her first time to DL. I already have Grand Californian, the princess breakfast at plaza inn, and blue bayou booked. does anyone have any suggestions for must do activities while she is here?

thanks in advance!

bradk
02-24-2005, 12:11 PM
2 days won't be a heck of a lot of time and the parks might be fairly busy on those days, so you might want to concentrate on getting rides you're interested in out of the way as opposed to the addon sort of things.

if i were to recommend anything, first it would probably be getting a 3 month subscription to ridemax (http://www.ridemax.com) and use it to set up an itinerary of rides you don't want to miss.

buy a copy of Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, which in itself is a good read, but also has good reviews of each attraction as well as tables comparing rides to WDW including rides that only exist at DL and then compares the ride differences between the two when they exist at both parks (i.e., the DL version of POTC is about twice as long, altho that's not specifically mentioned by the book).

if you really do want to do anything extra special, consider the 'welcome to disneyland tour' which introduces you to both the kingdom and dca, runs about 2 1/2 hours i believe and takes you into a couple of attractions during the tour as well as lets you rack up several fastpasses. all in all, it'll probably end up saving you time and it's only $25pp.

PsychDoc
02-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't think it'll be that crowded. There are a few ride closures (check the DL website) and it isn't spring break yet. Weekends are generally more crowded than weekdays, but it won't be as bad as the next few weeks. Good food choices. I also love Ariels. I haven't been since the addition of "Captain Mickey." My 2 year old loves chip and dale.

Disneyfreak
02-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I personally wish you could wait till the 50th starts, that way you wont have all those tarps and refurbs to go through.

nursemelis374
02-24-2005, 02:46 PM
I think that you guys will be fine because you already will have knowledge of FastPass.

Mukta
02-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Those are both weekdays right? I think you should be able to see everything open at both parks easily. If you are there at opening, head for the most popular rides, Indiana Jones, Soarin', etc. Make sure and check out the things not available at WDW.

tinkluver
02-24-2005, 07:04 PM
if i were to recommend anything, first it would probably be getting a 3 month subscription to ridemax (http://www.ridemax.com) and use it to set up an itinerary of rides you don't want to miss.

I was looking at this web page and came acros this:
"Since the spring of 2002, several of the FASTPASS machines have been "disconnected" from the other FASTPASS attractions in the system. This currently means that you can get a FASTPASS for Star Tours independent of any other FASTPASSES you may hold!

Actually, as of this writing in January, 2005, there are three FASTPASS attractions that are disconnected from the others (including Star Tours). If Disney decides to discontinue this policy, RideMax will adjust back to simply using the "old" scheme. But as long as this "quirk" still exists, we might as well take advantage of it! "

Does anyone know what FASTPASSES they are talking about? (the ones "disconnected" from the others)

bradk
02-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Darkbeer semi-recently posted a list somewhere. The thing is, the use of the fastpass machines is inconsistent and it all sort of depends on how busy the park is and all that, so it's sort of hard to say at any time which ones are even active, let alone disconnected, but if you search the forums here, you should be able to find a list that was current as of whenever.

Susan L
02-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Make sure you take her to see the Aladdin show.

sunnyca
02-26-2005, 09:05 AM
you might want to get reservations for the balcony for Fantasmic....quite expensive but it's a nice treat!