PDA

View Full Version : Second Thoughts About Trip In May

Wendi
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, I had decided that I didn't want to go for JUST two days, so instead of going on May 5 & 6, I'd just wait and go May 9-12... but now I'm having some second thoughts. Maybe I should go on the 5th... I am thinking of sneaking off without my 3-year-old son and just doing the two days by myself. I know it will be crowded, and I don't want to go with him when it's packed, but I might not mind it too much on my own.

So, what would you do???

Oh, and hotel rates are quite a bit higher for the 5th & 6th...

Mommy2NicknMax
02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Do it! :) I'm heading down for the 5th and 6th without my hubby or my boys. It's just "mom's time away" and boy do I need it!!!

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great time!

bradk
02-24-2005, 10:33 AM
the positive sign here is that there are still rooms available, even if they're higher priced.

i think 5th & 6th will mostly just be overrun by locals, but there are a few million of them give or take, so as I've said before, I'd be really shocked if DL doesn't operate at capacity on the 5th, so plan on getting there extra early (and i mean EXTRA early).

personally, I wouldn't do it, but only because I believe the place will be wall to wall with people and i couldn't deal with that.

tjaa
02-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh, and hotel rates are quite a bit higher for the 5th & 6th...[/QUOTE]

We booked hotel last week, May 5-7th same price as last month, July 15-17th price was a little higher, hotel clerk said something special must be going on at that time (LOL), I did'nt clue her in... Contact me if you need more info

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Wendi,
I am with whoever said that DL will be wall to wall people on the 5th. While I think it would be fun to be there then, I think all those people might take away from the fun. I think waiting would be better, although I think May is going to be nuts anyway. July too.
If you wait, what really would you be missing that wouldn't be going on later in the month. Also, are your APs blocked out on the 5th?
I would love to join you, but I just don't think I would have that much fun then, I don't like all the people.

Let me know if you do the mommy alone trip later though! :D

Wendi
02-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Wendi,
I am with whoever said that DL will be wall to wall people on the 5th. While I think it would be fun to be there then, I think all those people might take away from the fun. I think waiting would be better, although I think May is going to be nuts anyway. July too.
If you wait, what really would you be missing that wouldn't be going on later in the month. Also, are your APs blocked out on the 5th?
I would love to join you, but I just don't think I would have that much fun then, I don't like all the people.

Let me know if you do the mommy alone trip later though! :D

I'm just thinking that if I'm alone, I might not mind the crowds... plus if I go on the 5th & 6th, I WILL take another trip with Max before the Oct/Nov trip. I'm just so torn... I wish I could decide. Do you think if you were alone, and you normally wouldn't go at a crowded time, it wouldn't be so bad because you would be at your own pace and you might not care if you go on all the rides anyway???

The only other issue is that if I go alone in May, I will want to take Max SOON... I don't want to go in the summer, and we're already going in the fall... so we'd probably want to go in the next few weeks before spring break... arrrrggghhh... I just don't know.

I'm also think that May 9-12 just might be pretty crowded as well, and I'm not sure if I want to deal with Max and crowds... unless I can take my niece or nephew with me to be my helper!!! hehehe

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2005, 01:55 PM
You know Wendi, I am like you, I like to just be there. Some of my favorite times of our trip in November was when Brady was asleep and I was alone, pushing the stroller with him and just people watching, eating or shopping. But then I think that the crowds would really get to me because I would be cramped doing those things too, lots of people to watch though.
Hey you can always go the 3rd week in March! :D