PDA

View Full Version : DLR Hiring Freeze

WizKidRyan
12-25-2001, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if the DLR still on a hiring freeze? I'm looking for a job at the resort and last I heard they're on a freeze. If they are, any ideas on how long it'll last?
Thanks much :D

bluepearl
12-25-2001, 10:29 PM
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Also, would anyone happen to know the 800 number for the job hotline? I misplaced my AP newsletter with the phone number and can't remember if it's listed on the Disneyland website.

driftwood714
12-25-2001, 11:26 PM
Disneyland Resort Jobline: 800-766-0888
Disneyland Recorded Info: 714-781-4565
Disney Dining: 714-781-DINE
Disneyland Resort Room Reservations: 714-956-MICKEY
Annual Passholder Recorded Info: 714-781-4567

marron-cream
12-26-2001, 01:21 AM
I believe the freeze is still on. At least that's what I heard from a manager a few days ago, when people were complaining about the sudden influx of six-day/12-hour-a-day schedules. They didn't think they'd need any more people, but apparently they were wrong. Stores seems especially desperate, they're asking all over the place for people to come and work.

bluepearl
12-27-2001, 11:16 PM
Thanks for those numbers, driftwood. I'll be sure to put those down in my calendar because I know I'll forget it often!

Ah...too bad about the freeze. Well, I'll keep checking to see whenever they'll start hiring again. I recently had a bad experience at my current job and really wanted to get one at DLR (preferably at DCA).

marron-cream: Do you know anything about how certain people get chosen to work at whichever park? For example, I've seen some CMs that usually work at DCA working at Disneyland for the day or vice versa. And then there are CMs that I see only in one park. Do you get to choose which park you would like to work in, or do they just consider a request?

marron-cream
12-28-2001, 12:46 AM
Do you know anything about how certain people get chosen to work at whichever park? For example, I've seen some CMs that usually work at DCA working at Disneyland for the day or vice versa. And then there are CMs that I see only in one park. Do you get to choose which park you would like to work in, or do they just consider a request?

When you hire in, you pick a park (or DTD) to work at. Normally then you stick to that place. But DL has been really short for people, so they've been pulling people from DCA and DTD to work shifts in DL. I think it's based on seniority and preferences. Maybe DCA/DTD CMs can request to work those shifts in DL (not sure). Either way, it's not a permanent arrangement. If you occasionally work in one park, it doesn't mean you're there for good. To move from one park to another you have to do a formal transfer or something, and even then you're not guaranteed the move.

This is just for stores, I don't know about the other departments.

Hope this makes sense. My brain doesn't work well after a looong shift.

driftwood714
12-28-2001, 01:32 AM
Also, some departments work both parks.

Example: Security, Guest Research(survey people), Guest Relations(tour guide and info people), Main Entrance Ticket Takers, and strollers(not confirmed). I'm always seeing the same Tour Guides and Security Officers all over both parks.:p

tabacco
12-28-2001, 09:51 AM
don't forget tech services ;)

bluepearl
12-28-2001, 01:07 PM
Great, thanks for all the info! It's been really helpful in how I'll go about applying for a job. Are there certain requirements or experience levels that are preferred to get a position in Guest Relations - namely doing the info booth (especially at DCA)?