PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go in 2006--Jan. thru May

JosieGirl71
02-24-2005, 08:48 AM
When would be the best time for DH and I to go to DLR in early 2006? We have only been during the summer and Christmas. We want to go when there are the least amount of crowds (middle of the week) and the most rides running. Will rides be shut down for maintenance during the 18-month long 50th celebration? I don't see how this can be avoided but will it be as many as usual during those months (January thru May)?

rentayenta
02-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi Shannen. Traditionally, during the time that all rides are running, it is peak season and therefore, more crowed. I don't know if there will be any refurbs during the 50th or not?

Personally, I don't mind the crowds and would rather endure them than miss my favorite rides :)

sediment
02-24-2005, 09:41 AM
If Mansion and/or Small World have holiday overlays, then they'll be refurbed back to non-holiday during January.
If you want to avoid crowds, then #2 and #9.
If you want to avoid this crazy weather, then #1.

Based on hardly any information, I'd choose Early May or early March.

JosieGirl71
02-24-2005, 09:52 AM
If you want to avoid this crazy weather, then #1.
Take a limo to avoid crazy weather?! :~D I knew you would answer with your "see #...". :D

I just wasn't sure if Jan. to May 2006 is going to be your typical off-peak time with lots of ride closures, etc.

bradk
02-24-2005, 10:27 AM
rides do have to be shut down, i think routine maintenance is every 7 or 8 months or so, but they won't be down for as long as they are now in preparation for the 50th. IASW will be down in November of this year and HM will be down in Septemeber for the HMH, so HM is important, you're probably best not going the first half of January.

if you can stick with planning it only 3 or 4 months out, the DL.com calendar is usually updated by then (it's updated through at least May now). It'll tell you what's closed or not, but usually planned downtimes are announced well in advance.

The week after Thanksgiving would be best, but if it HAS to be 2006, you just can't beat Jan & Feb. If you're lucky, it'll rain (but not a lot) and keep out the locals. What you really miss offpeak is the parades and fantasmic (except for weekends).

sediment
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Take a limo to avoid crazy weather?! :~D I knew you would answer with your "see #...". :D

I just wasn't sure if Jan. to May 2006 is going to be your typical off-peak time with lots of ride closures, etc.
Whoops! I meant #6. The 6 and the 1 are real close together, you see.