PDA

View Full Version : 5 hours there and back! For a day at the park.

bubsy
02-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I am super duper excited. Next Friday we are hopping in the car after work, and going to Disneyland for the weekend. squee!

I know I will be exhausted, seeing as I have a full day of work Friday and that starts at 5:30am, but it will be worth it.

We are staying at the Carousel, and thanks to all the posts here, I'm bringing my own pillows. I usually try to avoid those hotels since it seems so congested.... and a lot of hotels didn't have rooms available, and so I am guessing it will be busy busy.

We are also going for my birthday weekend (April 28 - May 1st my bday), so yay, lot's of Disneyland. I love having an AP. <insert happy dance>

And then the long summer we will probably avoid. So that will be sad.

aundyflys
02-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Hope you have a blast!!!

Let us know how your trip goes. :D

rentayenta
02-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Cool busby :D

Join us on the countdown thread. Please let us know how you liked the Carousel.

disneyhound
02-24-2005, 08:22 AM
I wish we lived close enough to enjoy DL for a weekend... :crying:

Have a great time! We stayed at the Carousel, it's 2 stars, but it's close!

bubsy
02-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I wish we lived close enough to enjoy DL for a weekend... :crying:

Have a great time! We stayed at the Carousel, it's 2 stars, but it's close!

My title is somewhat misleading, I meant to say 5 hours there and 5 hours back, but I left that second 5 off. 10 hours of driving for me.

I don't expect much from the Carousel, I like CCI, but they were booked and cheapie husband didn't want to pay for the Disneyland Hotel (Me: It's 129! that's a steal! It's usually atleast twice as much! Him: Really that's all? Me: Yup only 129 per night. Him: Per night? no way, I thought it was for both days, get a cheap hotel. Me: fine. - We do owe taxes this year so it's probably best to spend less.)

JosieGirl71
02-24-2005, 08:43 AM
I wish we only had to drive 5 hours to DLR! We would get AP's and go several times a year! :fez:

I think the Carousel will be fine. Have a good time and I hope you have good weather!

Mommy2NicknMax
02-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Have a wonderful time!!!!

got2travel
02-24-2005, 09:15 AM
I've done those kinds of weekends before (and I'm farther north than you). Leave right after work, spend Sat in the park, and sometimes Sun morning, then drive back Sun afternoon. Yes you will be physically tired, but so refreshed from being able to spend the weekend in a great place.

Have a great time.

marktips
02-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey! I'm doin the same thing at WDW with friends! Whee!

Gr8Scott
02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
If I lived 5 hours away from DL I would be there once a month. We (my wife, my 9 year old son, my 10 year old son and myself) drive down to DL once a year and it takes us 24 hours of driving one way. It's totally worth it though.
Have a great trip and enjoy the fact that you live so close to DL.

bubsy
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
My Husband's Fam live in Alberta too, that would be a loooooong drive.

Thanks guys. I will be sure to give as detailed as I can remember trip report.

have fun at WDW marktips!

tjaa
02-24-2005, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=bubsy]My title is somewhat misleading, I meant to say 5 hours there and 5 hours back, but I left that second 5 off. 10 hours of driving for me. QUOTE]

Hey were neighbors (Aromas), the 5 hour drive goes quick unless you hit traffic in LA. Without traffic I can make it in 4 1/2. We got our APs in Jan. and have already had 3 three day trips :) Enjoy...

bubsy
02-24-2005, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=bubsy]My title is somewhat misleading, I meant to say 5 hours there and 5 hours back, but I left that second 5 off. 10 hours of driving for me. QUOTE]

Hey were neighbors (Aromas), the 5 hour drive goes quick unless you hit traffic in LA. Without traffic I can make it in 4 1/2. We got our APs in Jan. and have already had 3 three day trips :) Enjoy...

One of my good friends lives (well just her family now) in Aromas.

We usually go 101 to 46 to 5, and 46 sucks. Always behind a slow-y.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-24-2005, 05:02 PM
This is one thing (about the ONLY thing) I miss about living in Phoenix, being able to drive to DL for a weekend of fun! Have a great trip!!!

ChelleR
02-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi Megan and Tom!

I just wanted to wave hi to you guys from over here in Hollister! How great to meet some local MPers! How often do you try and get to Disneyland?

Best wishes,
Michelle

tjaa
02-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Megan and Tom!

I just wanted to wave hi to you guys from over here in Hollister! How great to meet some local MPers! How often do you try and get to Disneyland?

Best wishes,
Michelle

We use to live in Hollister for a couple years. As a kid I would go to DL every other year (aunt lives in Riverside), did'nt go for many years, now that are twins are 5 we bought APs this Jan. and plan to go monthly or every other. Since the kids were 2 we have had season passes to www.BonfanteGardens.com which has been alot of fun and only 20 mins from house, but now the kids and us are DL freaks with 3 trips in 45 days. Great to meet some locals :)

Alex S.
02-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Almost all of my trips to Disneyland are like this, except it is 6 to 7 hours each way. We usually leave very early Saturday morning (like 4:30 or 5am) get to the park by 11. Then leave around noon on Sunday.

One time, in preparing for MouseAdventure I drove down and back on the same day, spending about 2 hours at the park (and stopping by Corona, for a shower).