PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia Ice Cream

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I am new here and wanted to ask if anyone knows what happened to Fantasia ice cream. It was my family's tradition to grab some before we leave the park. And also when I was little I would get those little boxes filled with white rock candy. Does Disneyland still sell that either? :confused:

mystycalchyk
02-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Re: Fantasia ice cream:

See this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=35327&highlight=fantasia+cream)

*shrugs*
I never had it but apparently it was a favorite.

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh wow. Thanks. I can't believe it's gone. My mom said that it's been there since she was a kid. :crying:

mystycalchyk
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah. I hate to see old things go...even if I didnt know about them till they were gone. Oh and welcome to the Pad :)

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks. I just found this place last night and love it. Now I can talk to other people who aren't clueless about Disney. My family gets annoyed with me sometimes because everything I talk about is Disney related.

mystycalchyk
02-23-2005, 10:54 AM
hehheh. Yeah. I feel your pain. But you have found a home of kindred souls. Geeks we are and geeks we are proud to be :fez:

Settle in and explore. We are a nice group.

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
thanks again. Oh and does anyone know if I can still get the rock candy from dl? Its one of my favorites.

Earkid
02-23-2005, 11:07 AM
thanks again. Oh and does anyone know if I can still get the rock candy from dl? Its one of my favorites.

When we were there the beginning of this month I believe I saw some boxes of white rock candy in the Candy Palace somewhere along the back wall. Is that vague enough for ya :D

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks I'll have to chck that soon.

Nancy
02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I remember getting rock candy in the clear plastic square boxes when I was a kid and making it last as long as I could!!! Then again for my kids at the old Disneyland hotel gift shop several years ago. I loved that gift shop. (And I miss it too!)

Susan L
02-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks. I just found this place last night and love it. Now I can talk to other people who aren't clueless about Disney. My family gets annoyed with me sometimes because everything I talk about is Disney related.

Welcome to mousepad, and you are in good company. Rock candy I don't know one specific place to get it I just remember eating it at DL. Now a days I have to stay away from the sweat stuff so I don't pay attention to it.

HTHgal12
02-25-2005, 10:33 AM
I am 99% sure it is still there. I will check on sunday :)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I hate to say this for fear of the backlash, but, this ice cream sounds really ICKY to me!!! :p

Nancy
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I hate to say this for fear of the backlash, but, this ice cream sounds really ICKY to me!!! :p

One mans ICKY is another mans yummy!!! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-25-2005, 03:42 PM
One mans ICKY is another mans yummy!!! :)

Amen to that! I am sure there are some who don't love Bengal BBQ or Candy Kitchen caramel apples with nuts. Of course, those people are CRAZY! heehee, just kidding! :D

Nancy
02-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Do they still have the sliced apples with carmel sauce on Main Street in that little ice cream alley? The place hasn't been opened the last few times I've been there, it was like our little secret place cause we never had to wait too long for service there. :)

tink360
02-25-2005, 06:35 PM

I thought it sounded awful too, until I tried it. I am crushed that it's gone for good - last time I visited DL I only stole a spoonful from my son's cup. Too concerned about weight gain. waahh! :(

I'm hoping it will someday make a reappearance, like the electrical parade returning after all the hoo ha about it being gone forever. I can dream, right?

HTHgal12
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM

I didn't see the rock candy :(

Wizard69
03-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I remember getting rock candy in the clear plastic square boxes when I was a kid and making it last as long as I could!!! Then again for my kids at the old Disneyland hotel gift shop several years ago. I loved that gift shop. (And I miss it too!)

Rock candy is sold in a cardboard box now for $1.24 including tax and not packaged by Disney at the Candy Palace on Main Street. They discontinued the one in the plastic box due to someone choking on it (so I heard).

Wizard69
03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I didn't see the rock candy :(

See my post below YOUR post or above THIS post :)

disneygurl92
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
OMG. Someone choked on the rock candy!!!! :eek: I'll bet they sued. I'm gonna write to Disney about Fantasia. I really am craving it. Badly. It's been there for so long. It might come back because of popular demand. I asked why it dissapered and they said that Disney stopped working with carnation or something like that. But apparently you can still buy it. And now that its not owned by Disney it will cost about two times less for a gallon than it does for a scoop at DL.