PDA

View Full Version : No trip for us in 2005!

JosieGirl71
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I haven't been on here for a while because it has been too depressing to think that we aren't going to make it to DLR in 2005. We have tried and tried to plan a trip in November but we are not going to be able to do it. The reason...$$$

DS is turning 16 this year so we had to buy DH a truck so his truck could be passed down to DS. So there went our DL money. We may still be able to eek out a trip this year but I think we are going to wait until next year when we can possibly splurge a little instead of having to stick to a very slim budget.

So anyway, I'm back now and I think I am over my "no DLR in 2005" depression. :cool:

tlovesdis
02-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear that! I may be in the same boat as you becasue of money! I have a trip planned for October, but so much stuff has already come up this year that is draining me financially, so I will have to wait and see!

rentayenta
02-23-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry Shannen :crying: But I agree that it's better to wait than to have to be a super-budgeter on your trip.

Please still hang out with us here. You are really fun :D

JosieGirl71
02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks, Renta! I have missed all of you guys! ;)

sandrajamrock
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Im totally with you on this... my husband and I were planning on going in sept. for our anniversary (we were planning on doing all the extras and making it really special and splurge all the way!) However all plans have now been destroyed thanks to Tax time and having to owe because being self-employed ! 2 hours ago I was making preperations for the trip and now Im cancelling those plans ! Life can be soo cruel ( or shall I say Tax time)...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Not to worry, I think the 50th celebration is an 18 month long thing, you will still be able to catch it in 2006.

Susan L
02-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make a trip this year. We won't be going either this year. Same reason for us also. We are however planning a trip in early 2006. The 50th celebrations will still be going on.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I've not been able to go since 2003 for money reasons too, my hubby lost his job, so, I understand how you feel. We are going in May, but, I've been majorly bummed not being at DL for a year and a half when I was used to flying down twice a year. The celebration of the 50th will still be going on until May 2006, so, you will be able to celebrate when you DO get there! :)

Susan L
02-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Sounds like we all need to win the lotto.

duffman03
02-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Sheesh, kids today.

Back in my day, I had to work my butt off to buy my own vehicle. And walk to school in 3 feet of snow, with nothing but old Goofy slippers to keep my feet warm.

;)

02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
JosieGirl71, I'm here to tell you there are all kinds of ways to enjoy MousePlanet and MousePad. I hardly ever get to Disneyland and by "hardly ever" I mean almost never. So I read and chat and enjoy Disneyland via long distance, you might say.

Anyway, here's to a lot more Disneyland in both our futures!

JosieGirl71
02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I Heart DL - We really liked going during the holidays but I think we will want to go early in 2006 so we can catch the 50th celebration. It is good to hear that the celebration will be going until May.

Susan L - I agree. I either need to win the lottery or move to California, in which case I would need to win the lottery to AFFORD moving to California.

Duffman03 - When DS gets his license, we will let him drive the cruddy old truck so DH and I won't have to take him everywhere. :D In fact, we are trying to talk DS into going to college in Riverside, CA (where my dad lives) and if he does, he will get my nice Yukon/Tahoe. :eek: The things some parents will do to get their children out of the house. :~D

Hakuna Makarla
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Shannon, I have been sicker then a dog and have not been able to lift my head off my pillow, but had to post that I am sad for you and know how you feel.I was so excited to be able to go until I decided to be practicle and get my kids the new bunks, and all there necessary stuff. I was so depressed but feel I made the right decision. Chin up girl! You will go again and it will be wonderful! Same here, I just know I will go again some day. well back to bed see you in a few days when I can get my butt or head from the toilet :(

JosieGirl71
02-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Karla, I think we will be going in the spring of 2006 (as you can see, I have already spent next year's tax refund :D ). Maybe things will be good for you to go then too. :cool:

JosieGirl71
02-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Karla, forgot to tell you that I hope you are feeling better real soon. I also hope you have someone there helping you with the boys while you are sick.

Susan L
02-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Usually I save and save for our DL trips but this year I inherited alot of very nice furniture from my uncle so, I have decided to have a yard sale this spring/early summer of all the stuff we had that is going out the door. Hopefully I will do well on the sale to have a good start on some trip reserve money.

JosieGirl71 you are right about California. It is expensive here but, I don't know any other way I've been here all my life and wouldn't live anywhere else. I still could use winning the lotto.