PDA

View Full Version : Mysteries, Myths, and Legends Tour coming back?

SoCalSteven
02-22-2005, 10:57 PM
My g/f found something that said the Mysteries, Myths, and Legends Tour is coming back again. Anyone know if that is true?

Called Disneyland and they aren't booking anything yet...

sdfilmcritic
02-22-2005, 11:03 PM
There was an article in the Disney Magazine that stated it was coming back. (Insert collective sigh here)

AVP
02-22-2005, 11:04 PM
The most recent Disney Magazine has a very nice write up about the "new tour" that "started in January." :rolleyes: (Ok, ok, I'm probably the last one who should talk...)

Anyway, yes, the tour is probably coming back some day - just not last month. But if lots of people call to book the tour, maybe Disney will see a demand and decide to meet it.....

AVP

SoCalSteven
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Ah, that explains it. She never told me where she saw it...Shame on me, premium AP and all...I never get any of my mail anyway.

Here is hoping it comes back.

bradk
02-22-2005, 11:16 PM
i think due to its nature, it will remain seasonal. i'm sure it will return, but not until october.

Jeremiah
02-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I spoke with City Hall about this on Monday. They said that is was due to come back in January when HM came back from referb, but they are reworking it some. The cm did say it would be back at some point because of how popular it was just not sure when.

J

cstephens
02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
The cm did say it would be back at some point because of how popular it was just not sure when.

I'm thinking it was popular because it was new and people didn't know what it was. If word hasn't gotten around already, and once it does, and people find out more about what the tour is like (unless they seriously re-work it), I'm not sure how popular it's going to be. I liked parts of it, but other parts seriously bothered me, and it's not a tour I'd recommend to someone without major warnings.

bradk
02-23-2005, 10:01 AM
is this the same tour i'm thinking of? isn't it sort of halloween oriented? like the HM overlay? i'd think it'd lose a lot of its charm if it was held every day. plus, what time would it be during the summer? i thought it was meant to take place at least at dusk, if not later.

Doodle Duck
02-23-2005, 10:34 AM
"it's not a tour I'd recommend to someone without major warnings."

Such as?

Doug

AVP
02-23-2005, 10:56 AM

Such as?

DougDon't. Push. That. Button!!!!

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
I've never heard of this tour. Whats it like?

AVP
02-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I've never heard of this tour. Whats it like?Click Here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041102avp.htm) for a review of the original version of the tour.

AVP

Doodle Duck
02-23-2005, 11:11 AM
What button? Cindy has a button?

disneygurl92
02-23-2005, 11:14 AM
oh my gosh that sounds like sooooo much fun. My cousin and I have stayed after hours once at Walt Disney World. But since DL is my favorite it would be so much more exciting.

cstephens
02-23-2005, 04:57 PM

Such as?

Doug

Since the tour includes DCA and DL, one would probably expect that the tour is Disney-related. It's not. The stories that they tell you could probably fit just about anywhere, with just a bit of tweaking. I would have preferred if there was Disney content to the stories or at least made it clear that there is no Disney content in the stories.

You go on a few rides in the course of the tour, but you basically go through the fastpass line, so if there's a holdup, you're at the whim of the line, which means that if you get stuck in a line for a while, they then have to rush through the rest of the tour. Not great planning, if you ask me.

There are parts of the tour where you're basically racing to get from one part of the park to another just to have them tell you a short story (Fantasyland chalet much?). There were times when I found it difficult to keep up. If it had been a day when I was feeling worse, I don't know that I would have been able to keep up. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone in a wheelchair or with a cane or other mobility issue.

I did like the surprise at the end. That was fun.

Doodle Duck
02-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Without an obvious story connection to Disney, I'd be disappointed as well.
Plus thanks for the tip on keeping up. I don't care to rush or be rushed along.
Pass.

Doug