PDA

View Full Version : Umbrellas at DLR

Rae
02-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I thought I had read here that you can buy umbrella's at DLR but they are not on display.
Do you have to ask for them?
Are they only available in certain places.
Do they have any disney markings on them or are they just regular umbrella's
and last but not least does anybody have a picture if they are marked with something disney
THanks everyone :D

mystycalchyk
02-22-2005, 11:43 AM
They are available absolutely everywhere when its raining :D

Last I saw they have two kinds. Black ones with the Mickey icon on them and blue ones that have the 'Disneyland Resort' logo on them.

Andrew
02-22-2005, 11:46 AM
They're about ten dollars, and will last through the day, or if you're lucky through your vacation. After that, the fragile metal spars will bend.

SCUBAbe
02-22-2005, 04:26 PM
They're about ten dollars, and will last through the day, or if you're lucky through your vacation. After that, the fragile metal spars will bend.

My umbrella is 4 years old and still doing well...:)

nsyncitnd1787
02-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I thought I had read here that you can buy umbrella's at DLR but they are not on display.
Do you have to ask for them?
Are they only available in certain places.
Do they have any disney markings on them or are they just regular umbrella's
and last but not least does anybody have a picture if they are marked with something disney
THanks everyone :D

first off.. have a great first trip!

1) they are usually not on display, they are kept behind the counters (why i don't know... maybe to keep people from opening them and breaking them??)
2) just ask the CM working the register if they have any umbrella's. if it's raining, they most definatly will
3) they are usually available at the stores (not the carts), unless they sell out. the Emporium, World of Disney and Greeting from California are places i would try if no one else has any
4) like others have said, there are 2 kinds (i have only seen the blue ones). they have the old resort logo on them, at least as of last year -they might have the "new" old logo on them. they are not bad looking. i don't have a picture of them... but the logo on the blue ones is the same as the blue ponchos. i'm sure someone out here has a picture...

that answers the questions....

i personally don't like using umbrellas in Disneyland b/c i'm afraid of poking someone. so, i always use ponchos, keeps more of your body dry too. just a thought

*if i'm wrong anywhere, please correct me fellow MPers!!*

SCUBAbe
02-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I really dislike ponchos. they get soaked and then the people soak the ride seats and all the floors they walk on. My mother slipped on a floor there once. Umbrellas can be shook off and they keep you dry.

nsyncitnd1787
02-22-2005, 09:37 PM
I really dislike ponchos. they get soaked and then the people soak the ride seats and all the floors they walk on. My mother slipped on a floor there once. Umbrellas can be shook off and they keep you dry.

good point. i always foreget about the wet seats. i always shake when i'm out of the rain, yes i do look like a dog but at least i'm not dripping everywhere... not everyone can be like me though... j/k not trying to be conceitted or anything :D (i'm having a good day, gotta have a laugh or two sometimes, keeps ya healthy)... i just like ponchos b/c i don't have to worry about poking someone's eye out, which almost happened to me a couple times... unless you bring your parasol you got painted last time (gotta love those plastic covered tips!!)

i think this time though i might bring a jacket, hat and shoes that are rain proof so i dont' have to mess w/ any of that stuff.

mystycalchyk
02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Yeah my hubby hates the ponchos too. He's 6'3". The poncho barely goes to his knees, and his jeans get soaked. He much prefers an umbrella.

jennyren
02-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I just got back from Dland this weekend. I was there during "The Great Flood" as my family and I are now calling it. We bought ponchos there but we brought our own umbrellas. The ponchos really came in handy bc they kept our clothes dry. We took to using both the umbrellas and the ponchos at once. We couldnt find the ponchos but then we figured out that they keep both the umbrellas and the ponchos behind the counter. I think they were like $7.50. The ponchos did suck when sitting on wet seats tho...they really didnt help us at all then... :rolleyes:

Susan L
02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
We have never had a problem finding an umbrella at DL. Whenever we have bought one they were just about everywhere and in plain site.