PDA

View Full Version : New Character Auditions

Pages : [1] 2

kristen
02-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey people, didya know that there's a face character audition coming up? Who would be your fav character to portray be!? Oh, here are some questions for anyone who might know:
1) I have a resume, should i bring a letter succintly desribing why i want the job, and why id be good at it?

2) do you know anything about what they are looking for?

3) I heard that you can only go to one face character audition a year? AHH! is that true?

4) What is the dance part like? I have good skin, but i have random, not dark, freckles across my face, and you can only see them up close, i'm sure i could cover them with makeup, but Im gunna go with just lip gloss and mascara...do you think itll be a problem?

5) Oh, and i am 17 and a junior, but i would be audtioning to work during the summer...technically you have to be a graduating senior, but i will be by the time i'm working...do you think i should still go? anyway, thanks for the help!

kristen
02-22-2005, 02:10 PM
some one respond! ahh, ok anyway...is ay one esle going? they are soon...in like 6 weeks so says my schools career center...yeah, but how long can it take for someone to reply? whatever, i guess i'll look around the site some more...its really fun, strange, but fun...

DefyingGravity
02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, I don't know the answers, but I wanted to respond just so you know that somebody is reading your posts! Also, good luck with the auditions! Tell us how they go!

justlittleoldme
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I think if you look in the cast place part of this site, it tells you exactly how the auditions go. They pretty much seem to line you up and pick who they like, then teach a dance routine, and then make you try makeup and wigs on. So go search around- I know I read about it on here somewhere.

marktips
02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I think the turn-around time for new positions is like only 3 weeks or less, so you might want to wait until the next audition (there will be more, no worries!)

I've heard the dance part is umm.. let's say: Dante's Inferno.

They're looking for you to look like someone ;) They have an idea in their heads, and they also know what costume and make-up can do (which means you have to look atleast roughly the right age and roughly the right complexion/features)

Dream Again
02-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I would love to be Belle or Snow White
There is an official website that says a lot about the auditions but I forgot the name of it If I find it Ill post it here for you
Good Luck!
(sorry for the confusing punctuation my keyboard is messed up right now)

sdfilmcritic
02-22-2005, 11:41 PM
I would love to be Belle or Snow White.Are you willing to face the high demands of me --- the Official Hiring Consultant For All DLR Belles? :~D

kristen
02-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Is that really your job, or are you just kidding? Are the demands very very high? I have seen belles identical to the cartoon, and some that do not look as much like her...

Niwel
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Did someone say Cast Place? :fez:

Here's the info (http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/auditions_disneyland.html) on upcoming auditions.
For stories about auditions, click on Cast Place in my sig line and look on the far-right hand columns.

in answer to your other questions:

1) I have a resume, should i bring a letter succintly desribing why i want the job, and why id be good at it?
Resume yes, but I think they'll ask you why during the interview. Memorize some key points, but I don't think a letter is neccesary

2) do you know anything about what they are looking for?
Check the auditoin info -- it varies each time. Just remember to SMILE :)

3) I heard that you can only go to one face character audition a year? AHH! is that true?

Not sure, but if they dismiss you, they usually tell you when you will be able to audition again

4) What is the dance part like?
They want tro see how you can move. Can you follow a dance instructor, are you comfortable doing so? Are you energetic?

5) Oh, and i am 17 and a junior, but i would be audtioning to work during the summer...technically you have to be a graduating senior, but i will be by the time i'm working...do you think i should still go?
You might want to call before you go -- it would be terrible to go through all that just to find out you can't even be hired.

Good luck!

kristen
02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Thank you soo much for your help!! You really helped me!! You really know what you're talking about...do you work at disneyland? Anyway, thanks again! God bless!! ps--who's the lady in your picture? Wow, i just read your bio! That's cool!! You are a very unique and truely cool lady!

Niwel
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Glad I could be of service. :) I hope it all works out.
P.S. the picture is of my favorite actress, Olivia de Havilland (Melanie in Gone With the Wind).

sdfilmcritic
02-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Is that really your job, or are you just kidding? Are the demands very very high? I have seen belles identical to the cartoon, and some that do not look as much like her...I'm just kidding. I'll grant you leniance because you haven't heard about my crazy reputation that I have gained around these parts. :D As far as I know the job position doesn't really exist.

tcsnwhite
02-24-2005, 11:27 PM
From my experience at the auditions, there was absolutely no need for a formal resume. They are not looking for that at the audition. They are looking to see if you can fit a particular part.
A little list of employement history is good to bring when you fill out the Resort wide application. It will have a little box on it that asks you to list former employement. We were told by entertainment dept. that filling that out didn't matter.

As for face character auditions, I believe they will line you up right away and pick the ones they like and dismiss the rest. They know exactly what they are looking for.
If you make it past that, they then do a small movement audition. Remember this is not full on dance, you would be doing that if you were parade auditioning. For characters, it is basic rhythm and movement. Then an acting audition where you act a small scene and portray a character. Then wig and makeup tests.
If there are alot of people, which there will be, and you make it through all the stages (which I hope you will), you will be there all damn day. Trust me, all day long audition. Sometimes well into the night, on occassion.

Overall, and I truly stress this, GET THERE EARLY!!! THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT GO TO THESE THINGS, UP TO 300 AT A TIME. GET THERE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcsnwhite

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Sounds fun. I always wanted to be a character. I wanted to be Dopey! LOL No clue why, I just like him.

kristen
02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm just kidding. I'll grant you leniance because you haven't heard about my crazy reputation that I have gained around these parts. :D As far as I know the job position doesn't really exist.lol...*blush*...thanks for the leniance...im getting the hang off this place, but i still get confused...so, you've got a crazy reputation huh? cooooool, is it cause you're funny and random, or other reasons? NEway, have a nice day :)

kristen
02-25-2005, 10:41 PM
If there are alot of people, which there will be, and you make it through all the stages (which I hope you will), you will be there all damn day. Trust me, all day long audition. Sometimes well into the night, on occassion.

Overall, and I truly stress this, GET THERE EARLY!!! THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT GO TO THESE THINGS, UP TO 300 AT A TIME. GET THERE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcsnwhite cool, thanks, i'll get there really, really early!!!!! God bless!

kristen
02-25-2005, 10:43 PM
you guys are all great!!

kristen
02-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Sounds fun. I always wanted to be a character. I wanted to be Dopey! LOL No clue why, I just like him.

great! I bet you would have been a great Dopey!!! Have a greeeaatt day! In His love, Kris

sdfilmcritic
02-25-2005, 10:44 PM
lol...*blush*...thanks for the leniance...im getting the hang off this place, but i still get confused...so, you've got a crazy reputation huh? cooooool, is it cause you're funny and random, or other reasons? NEway, have a nice day :)Any other MP members wanna take a stab at this? :D In a nutshell Belle is my favorite princess and I'm funny and random.

Okay. I'll stop blowing my own horn now. :p

kristen
02-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Any other MP members wanna take a stab at this? :D In a nutshell Belle is my favorite princess and I'm funny and random.

Okay. I'll stop blowing my own horn now. :p

Cool! I luv Belle too, she has strength. Thanks for writing!!

kristen
02-26-2005, 11:52 AM
In response to the sig line: :D

:) To love another person is to see the face of God...do you hear the people sing? Lost in the valley of the night. It is the music of a people who are climbing to the light. For the retched of the earth, there is a flame that never dies. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise! Will you join in our parade? Who will be strong and stand with me? Somewhere beyond the baracade is there a world you long to see? Do you hear the people sing? Say, do you hear the distant drum? There is a future that we seek, when tomorow comes....can't quite remember if that's it exactly but i was chorus in les mis three years ago!! fun stuff :D

Rouxe1688
02-26-2005, 01:36 PM
When you audition, are you doing everything in front of all the other people trying out?

sdfilmcritic
02-26-2005, 02:45 PM
To love another person is to see the face of God...do you hear the people sing? Lost in the valley of the night. It is the music of a people who are climbing to the light. For the retched of the earth, there is a flame that never dies. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise! Will you join in our parade? Who will be strong and stand with me? Somewhere beyond the baracade is there a world you long to see? Do you hear the people sing? Say, do you hear the distant drum? There is a future that we seek, when tomorow comes....can't quite remember if that's it exactly but i was chorus in les mis three years ago!! fun stuff :DSweet! You know the words!!

kristen
02-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Sweet! You know the words!! Yay, so do you! we r kool...except i put parade instead of crusade...oops...hehe.. :)

kristen
02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
When you audition, are you doing everything in front of all the other people trying out?
Here is what i gathered:
yep, at first you are all just lined up and supposedly there are hundreds there so i heard they do it in groups of ten or twenty or so...then if you make it past face part you do a dance audition with the group that made it with you...except i think guys learn a different dance...maybe...and then you are looked at extra close and your skin, teeth and likeness to a character are considered, you also have to say "hello, my name is [*insert name here*]" so they can hear your voice..after that you do the hair and makeup and dress and a monologue or answer questions in character, but I'm not sure in what order...and that is what every kind person and article and a friend of mine who I just found out got pretty far have said!!! You're always in a room with other people...i think.... ps...GET THERE EARLY!! oh, and don't worry about being in front of other people, I doubt you'll feel harrased or judged, but if they seem to judge you or are just blatantly rude, it just shows that they lack self confidence... :D ;) :D