PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland treats that you crave?

Pages : [1] 2 3

I Heart Disneyland!
02-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Are there any Disneyland treats that you cannot wait to eat while you are there, that you can't get otherwise??? Thankfully with the help of MouseShoppe I can get my Mickey's hot choclate that I love, but, I am a GIGANTIC fan of Candy Kitchen caramel apples with nuts! Also, rocky road candy & fudge from there. Any time I hear of someone going to DL, between my trips, I BEG them to bring me caramel apples, and luckily they always do!!! If only I could get Bengal BBQ and corndogs too! What are your DL favorites that you can't get but crave when you aren't at DL??

figmentspark
02-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I love the pretzles that are stuffed with Cream Cheese, the chili cheese fries from Tast Pilot's Grill, and the churros with caramel dip. Yummy!!

rentayenta
02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I crave their popcorn. There is something wonderful about their popcorn. I used to crave churros but I am sort of over them :rolleyes: Their caramel apples with nuts are delish too. I think everything tastes better at Disneyland :D

MrsG
02-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Definitely the popcorn. I also have to bring home fudge. And we always eat at least once at Award Weiners.

disneyhound
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Churros, sour balls, Bengal BBQ chicken skewers, soft pretzel...

DCA Dot
02-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I love any treats from Pooh Corner over in Critter Country. The Tiger Tails are the best. :)

Oh, and the churros and popcorn aren't bad either.

Elways way
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
I have heard about the popcorn over by Pooh (I'll have to try it in March) but I live for the Churros and either of the dipping sauces. My girlfriend thought I was crazy at first.....but she quickly became a believer.

One of the other things I have a weakness for (as sad as that sounds) is a beer over at the Wharf in DCA. I just love to head over there with my girlfriend and people watch for hours while I enjoy a beer (or two).

SCUBAbe
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
no....:)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-21-2005, 03:50 PM
no....:)

Well....no is no fun! ;) You MUST have one, I demand it! haha!

wendyxo
02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
The Trio of Fritters at the mint julep bar~ So good! They seem a little odd but are so yummy!

MrsG
02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
sour balls.
These were big sellers this weekend.

SCUBAbe
02-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Well....no is no fun! ;) You MUST have one, I demand it! haha!

I don't snack at DL. I barely eat while there. We usually have lunch and thats it. Lunch is usually a bread bowl of soup...:) However, that meal is better at DCA..:) One time my mother bought fudge. It was good, but I don't crave it. I've had the popcorn there once, it's just popcorn...churros are gross....I get taffy most of the time, but that can be found anywhere and the last few times I've bought it the quality has gone downhill. I'm racking my brian,. but cannot think of anything I crave or have to have while there. I suppose I don't visit disney for the food...LOL..oh, I like mint julips, but i rarely get one. I think it's been about a year since I've had one. I definatly don't crave them..:)

Wendi
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Storyteller's French Toast
White Water Snacks Tuna Sandwich
Yamabuki - everything!!!
Sliced Caramel Apple (which was gone last time I was there... boo hoo!)
Oh, and the fish tacos at DCA are pretty yummy too!

CarlieB
02-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Churros:)

Earkid
02-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Mickey Mouse Waffle
Main Street Corn Dog
Bengal BBQ Asparagus/Bacon Wraps
Dark Chocolate Honeycomb from the Candy Palace

CoasterChickie
02-21-2005, 04:41 PM
I'd love to have a breakfast burrito from White Water or a corndog from Main Street right now!!! :fez:

lisap
02-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Dark Chocolate Honeycomb from the Candy Palace

You're the first person I've seen here on MP to share my love of honeycomb (aside from my husband.) It's tooth-breakingly good! ;)

I look forward to plain caramel apples. At DCA I like the Steamin' Chocolate sundae (usually shared or else I'm ill for the rest of the day.) And the chicken salad at Boudin is yummy with the green apples and walnuts.

Towards Easter I love the chocolate fudge eggs at the Candy Palace. At Christmas I love the gingerbread men and peppermint ice cream.

Earkid
02-21-2005, 05:14 PM
You're the first person I've seen here on MP to share my love of honeycomb (aside from my husband.) It's tooth-breakingly good! ;)

I know lisap. You have to eat it very carefully. I always end up scratching up the roof of my mouth cuz I get so enthusiastic when I'm eating it. But it is MMMM MMMMM good! :D I like to just let it melt in my mouth and a tray of it lasts forever.

Do you like the milk or dark chocolate better?

sandrajamrock
02-21-2005, 05:26 PM
For me it would def. be the "Monte Cristo "sandwhich from Blue Bayou !

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-21-2005, 05:27 PM
The Snowman candy apples at Christmas time, I love them sooooooooooooo much.

MrTomMorrow
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
mmm. Love those Monte Cristo sandwiches with mint julep (with cherries!).

The cheesecake in NOS is really good, too, with chocolate and caramel drizzled on top.

Cancer Norm
02-21-2005, 06:13 PM
:D ...Definitely the Beef Skewers with extra sauce from the Bengal BBQ....Definitely.

Terri
02-21-2005, 06:19 PM
cherry red sour balls!!!! They are my favorite!

I used to love the fritters but that was back in the 70's/early 80's when they were huge, gooey and hot!

They used to have clam chowder in a bread bowl served at the little shack near rivers of america across from the haunted mansion...but they were gone the last time I was there.

dlazechk
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM
bbq skewers in the bengal barbecue.

Earkid
02-21-2005, 06:22 PM
They used to have clam chowder in a bread bowl served at the little shack near rivers of america across from the haunted mansion...but they were gone the last time I was there.

You can get them at the little walk-up food counter right next to the POTC entrance doors. You can also get soup in bread bowls in DCA at the Pacific Wharf Cafe (MMM Broccoli Cheese).